Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 19:34   #1
ravancal

I. Am. In. Love

So I went in to pick up my M&P9c today and a few hundred rounds of some 115gr PMC ball ammo went with me.

At first I figured I would strip it and give it a quick cleaning, but when I inspected the internals with the slide back I noticed a good coat of lubricant on the barrel already. I stuck my finger in and checked only to find that it appeared that either the LGS I picked it up at cleaned and oiled it for me or S&W did. Either way I used a pin to drop a little more CLP onto the slide and worked some around under the rail and internals with my pinky.

With everything I had read and heard about this weapon I really wasn't worried about doing more than that.

Then I got into the range and set myself up with the target out to just 10 yards. I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of recoil, but I usually fire my Kimber in .45, so I wasn't worried about it.

I was surprised, to say the least. I've fired a LOT of different 9's and even compared to some full-sized offerings this thing has pretty tame recoil at 115 gr. And the sights...oh man, the sights. So easy to make follow-up shots that I decided to 'Mozambique' the dangerous paper men a few times just because I was that comfortable almost right out of the gate.

I only had time to feed it 100 rounds, but it didn't have any issues. Not one single failure and I didn't even break it down before firing it. Though to be fair I should mention again that it looked like someone else had already cleaned and oiled it (lightly).

This is after the first 2 mags at 10 yards:

General Firearms Forum
ravancal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 19:59   #2
GlockPride
Glock 23

Congrats! We love ours and the 9L as well!
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 20:36   #3
blastfact

First target shot with my M&P Talo. Harddrive at 10 yards.

General Firearms Forum

There great pistols.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 20:44   #4
ravancal

I'm seriously surprised at how great the compact handled and how accurate it was. I'm going to have to get a holster to carry it in. Probably give it some Hornady TAP.

I have to wonder what was on that HD that you DEFINITELY did not want anyone else to see.
Old 10-11-2012, 21:24   #5
bac1023

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:09   #6
Glock40man

Congrats!
Old 10-11-2012, 23:17   #7
steve1911

Congrats!

1911club#410
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25   #8
Fordtough25

Congrats! I love my Glock's but the M&P's shoot great. I shoot my wife's M&P 9 from time to time, great choice.
Old 10-12-2012, 15:44   #9
Bruce M

Good to hear you are enjoying your M&P so far.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 18:06   #10
blastfact

Keep shooting the M&P. The trigger will get better and you will hit anything you aim at.
Old 10-12-2012, 18:20   #11
ravancal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
Keep shooting the M&P. The trigger will get better and you will hit anything you aim at.
The trigger really wasn't bad while shooting. It's weird, but when I dry fire it the trigger has a bit of grit right as it hits the break point. However, when I'm actually firing it I don't notice it at all. Even then it feels like it's smoothened out a bit in just the first 100 rounds.

I'll have to get a little more practice so i'm not pulling it left, but it's not too bad as it stands. Otherwise the accuracy is VERY surprising for a 3.5 inch barrel.

I didn't take any pictures, but I was still getting respectable groups at 15-20 yards. I doubt I would even try to hit anything at 25+ with a 9mm.

Last edited by ravancal; 10-12-2012 at 18:23..
Old 10-12-2012, 19:12   #12
blastfact

Shoot out to 100 yards. Screw the in your face close stuff. Practice out there for your basic's. It will make you a better close in tight shooter. We have to have fun!

Keep shooting the M&P. It will reward you with bull's. And when your muscle memory kicks in you will beable to bump fire at will. Double and Triples like you never imagined. M&P shooters don't need a hard "CLICK" feely touchy reset. Ask anybody thats been in a gun fight if "Click" saved there life.

You will never get rid of the grit you feel. It can be made better. Much better. But a basic M&P trigger breaks.

Glock is smooth mush from start, break and over travel. With a click thats as stupid as has any nut cares to explain. Once your in the zone with a M&P be it roll your own or Apex. With a Glock you have to roll your own fulcrum trigger or pay more than the pistol is worth for a near real trigger.

I would give a nut for a M&P 10mm. Well not really,,, but I would buy one. But Smith is not going to make one. :( I spent a hour with a Smith Rep when I bought my BG .380. They are now a mainstream make the bucks Yankee Co. IE MIN and no classic weapons of the modern times. Ir's a MasterCard and Visa World. Want to be shooters filled with folks that buy guns for mental health. :(

Not to shoot.
Old 10-12-2012, 19:25   #13
CBennett

Really like them!
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote