Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:56   #1
DOC44

Honey, I Shrunk the President

Honey, I Shrunk the President

and this from the WSJ

Quote:
We could spend hours quoting disparaging reviews of Obama's performances from journalists who were never as head-over-heels as Matthews and Sullivan, but we like to pretend as if we have space constraints, so we'll just take one representative example, also from the Daily Beast, where our friend Tunku Varadarajan writes: "My God, in the four years that we've seen him in the White House, I don't think we've ever seen the president so flaccid, so dull-brained, so jejune, so shifty, so downcast."

This columnist has to disagree. Obama's lame performance last night seemed typical to us. We can think of a few occasions in which we've seen the president less flaccid, less dull-brained, less jejune, less shifty, less downcast. But only a few.

But these qualities--or, to put it another way, this lack of quality--was harder than usual to miss last night because of the contrast with the highly effectual Romney. One reason it came as such a shock to Obama is that it was the first time in his career that he shared a debate stage with a serious opponent.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...415028514.html

Doc44
Old 10-05-2012, 04:31   #2
Bren
NRA Life Member

Good article. It took Obama to convince even most democrats that they made the wrong choice.

Quote:
The great James Taranto . . . long ago posited what is called the "Taranto Principle." In short, it means that the liberal media so coddles liberal politicians that they have no idea how to cope outside that liberal media bubble. . . .
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:29   #3
JFrame

Doc -- great article -- thanks for posting!

The article absolutely nails the phenomenon that is Obama, and the greater message of the debate.

My wife spoke to a friend who voiced surprise that Obama was getting such negative press after the debate. "To me, he sounded like he always does," her friend said.

In fact, we are all pretty much used to Obama's lazy, vapid, and thoughtless approach to everything -- governing, speaking, thinking... But in this instance, it was seen in the context of someone (Romney) getting the opportunity to kick the absolute crap out of him, so the consequence of Obama's ineptitude was greatly magnified.

Of course, being a presidential debate brought its own unique focus and attention. It was the worst possible moment to have his veil of media-inspired "brilliance" lifted for all the world to see -- and to reveal a cowering, blustering, flustered, and incompetent charlatan underneath.

I'm sure the media and political machines are in overdrive now to try and shield Obama from continuing to walk around naked. But as someone mentioned yesterday, you only get one chance to make a first impression. And this is really the first time the world got to witness this badly behaving child being taken behind the woodshed to have his rear end beaten till it smoked.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:00   #4
callihan_44
INFIDEL

obama was a blank canvas with no record in 2008, the press painted utopian scenery with obama being portrayed as a greek god of some sorts that would slay the three headed bush monster to save the world.....
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:03   #5
PocketProtector

Heck, the guy needed a Teleprompter to speak to a kindergarten class.....Now That's a serious WTF ? !!!

Last edited by PocketProtector; 10-05-2012 at 06:03..
PocketProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:31   #6
Java Junky

'Love the title Doc.
'Looked kind'a pathetic outside'uv his protective bubble of adoring keepers and his media.
How long I've been waitin' for the people to realize that, yes.
The emperor actually is nekkid!
Java Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51   #7
JFrame

...And just to show that pretty much everything in life can be found in a "Seinfeld" episode:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/mornin...rticle/2509934

The "jerk store" episode defines Obama...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:18   #8
CitizenOfDreams

Am I the only one here who had to look up "jejune"?
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:30   #9
amazon

there was no applause, no fawning media. He was just "there" and had to respond to an energized and engaged Romney, who by the way, didn't need "the crowd" etc. to be that way.
Old 10-06-2012, 00:30   #10
DOC44

Honey, I shrunk the president.

Political Issues

All kinds of pricks are given to shrinkage.

Doc44

Last edited by DOC44; 10-06-2012 at 00:34..
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:00   #11
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by callihan_44 View Post
obama was a blank canvas with no record in 2008, the press painted utopian scenery with obama being portrayed as a greek god of some sorts that would slay the three headed bush monster to save the world.....
While I've never been a fan of Romney, I have to personally thank him for the contrast he presented.

With John McCain.

Looking back, McCain was probably the weakest, most uninspired, inept candidate we've ever run. Dole obviously didn't get it done in 96, but at least he took some swings at his opponent. When I think of how McCain melodramatically "suspended" his campaign, was too damn collegial, was too damn afraid, maybe of being accused of being racist, maybe too damn afraid of calling Obama the Marxist thug that he was, I get really angry. His incompetence in failing to live up to his overhyped "fighter", tough guy image left us with 4 of the most damaging years in the country's history.

I don't give a rat's ass now that he spent all that time in a NV prison. Just because you suck at being a pilot too, then took a beating for 5 years doesn't mean you get to come home and dishonor otherwise honorable service by assaulting the Constitution with McCain Feingold, act like a complete RINO, run a flaccid campaign that practically handed the presidency to an enemy of our country, then continue to be a RINO practically in league with our country's enemies while demanding we involve ourselves in every piss ant middle east country who' s citizens throw rocks at each other while failing to smack the crap out of that fat tard daughter of his for outdoing his leftist tendencies by showing up on MSNBC to run her pie hole.

He might as well have a D in front of his name. Die already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:27   #12
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Good article. It took Obama to convince even most democrats that they made the wrong choice.
It reminded me of the curtain being pulled back on The Great Oz.
Old 10-06-2012, 15:03   #13
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

It reminded me of talking to the bots here on GT. Put facts in their face and they crumple like origami.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-06-2012, 15:13   #14
countrygun

In many ways it was a "big screen" version of what we have come to know as the liberal mentality. The post debate reaction from Obama was equally in character.

Faced with direct firm opposition there was nothing he could effectively say. Given the situation he couldn't call Romney "stupid" and say "You just don't understand" or "It isn't he facts but the feelings". Nope he couldn't do that, so now, after the debate silence he runs around telling everyone "The other guy lied".

They typical behavior of a child who got a dressing down. But many of us are used to that from liberals, it just drew a large audience this week.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 15:51   #15
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Its also why bongo will lose all the debates. His ideas just don't stand up to scrutiny. Several have now been put into action and failed accordingly. Mitt really nailed him on one, the whining about "Big Oil" subsidies, and Bongo having put the equivalent of 50 years of that into companies like Solyndra, all of which failed.

I don't care how slick you are, that is a major shipment of FAIL that you have to sign for. Own it, clown.

Reminds me of the jelly donut scene in Full Metal Jacket.

"They're payin' for it…YOU eat it!

Old 10-06-2012, 16:20   #16
Java Junky

May we all be vindicated by America realizing how they've been duped.
'Flim-flam man loses . . I'm buyin'.
Java Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 16:47   #17
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Looking back, McCain was probably the weakest, most uninspired, inept candidate we've ever run. Dole obviously didn't get it done in 96, but at least he took some swings at his opponent. When I think of how McCain melodramatically "suspended" his campaign, was too damn collegial, was too damn afraid, maybe of being accused of being racist, maybe too damn afraid of calling Obama the Marxist thug that he was, I get really angry. His incompetence in failing to live up to his overhyped "fighter", tough guy image left us with 4 of the most damaging years in the country's history.
One thing that was never answered is how he went from abysmal performance pre-primaries (he was pretty much written off as a non-contender before the primaries started) to handily knocking everybody out of the race once primaries started. I know polling can be biased and inaccurate, but something fishy happened there, there's no doubt about it.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 17:13   #18
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
One thing that was never answered is how he went from abysmal performance pre-primaries (he was pretty much written off as a non-contender before the primaries started) to handily knocking everybody out of the race once primaries started. I know polling can be biased and inaccurate, but something fishy happened there, there's no doubt about it.
The system is rigged. Either side could run Jesus and if the ruling elite on either side don't see how they will prosper, they give the lord the boot.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 17:37   #19
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post

Well, given the fact that last time the Republicans got McLame you may be on to something. It is possible that our Republican candidates have been set ups to put Obama in and keep him in. That means that the democrats are behind it.

why don't we throw a screw into them and actually elect Romney then?

Can we cout on your vote?

Last edited by countrygun; 10-06-2012 at 17:38..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 17:42   #20
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well, given the fact that last time the Republicans got McLame you may be on to something. It is possible that our Republican candidates have been set ups to put Obama in and keep him in. That means that the democrats are behind it.
How is it that democrats have so much control over the republicans? It's not that simple.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote