Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:40   #1
OhioShooter12

So i'm thinking about becomming a part time gun dealer

First, the license is not an issue. Clean record and have a type 3 license now. I have a good regular job now so this would be more of a side thing and a labor of love. Zoning has already been checked into and no problem there. I would hold regular business hours on the weekend by appointment and have a web storefront. We have a Cabellas an hour away so I could handle transfers for about $25 each. Little inventory and mostly order on request. No overhead, not expecting to do more than break even. My questions are, if I have a "slow" month will my license get pulled and does anyone have any experience doing this part time?
OhioShooter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 18:03   #2
rv4driver

I'm a relatively new part time FFL. The BATFE want's to see that you're in the business to sell guns. Not just sell a personal collection, or add to a personal collection. Selling on the internet is not very profitable, unless you can make up with volume what you lose in profit. You're competing with Bud's GunShop, and others, who order hundreds of a particular gun, then offers free shipping. Still, you can make money, and it's a fun way to dabble in the business. Many major distributors won't sell to you without a storefront and substantial inventory. Some will, but your selection is limited. I'm also an NRA pistol/rifle/shotgun instructor, so my business is mainly classes, with a lesser amount of money from gun sales.
rv4driver is offline   Reply With Quote