SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:07   #1
E-2-E
Long Trail

Gsg stg-44

Went to the LGS and saw this behind the counter, so I picked it up for my collection. Total impulse buy I bought the GSG-5 a few years back, and it's a cheap fun plinking gun.

General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
I'm sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
E-2-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:37   #2
Road Dog

You did exactly what I will do when I see one in person. Please post a range report and review. Congrats.

RD
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45   #3
E-2-E
Long Trail

Well, I'm more of a collector than shooter, so it may be a few years for a range report

It took 3/4 years before I shot my GSG-5, and Kel Tec sub 2000. I still have some bought over 10/15 years ago that I haven't even taken out yet.
I'm sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by E-2-E; 11-03-2012 at 09:29..
Old 11-03-2012, 08:48   #4
E-2-E
Long Trail

Bigger pics

General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum

Old 11-03-2012, 08:51   #5
raven11

Its a shame it won't be shot. there is one at my local shop and I've been resisting the urge to go into debt to buy it. (poor college student)

much better built than the GSG AK-47, and the Amish built box isn't too shabby
Old 11-03-2012, 09:19   #6
E-2-E
Long Trail

The STG-44 will get shot down the road. The shop had two of these and they weren't out on the floor yet. I ordered two spare mags this morning.

I had a Chinese SKS delivered to the house last Fri., and have another one being delivered Mon. as I missed the UPS guy yesterday. All stamped matching. Hope the one I get from AIM Monday will be just as nice. Again these will never get shot, not going to waste my time cleaning the cosmoline out of them

General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum

Old 11-03-2012, 22:23   #7
GWG19

I freakin want one!
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:29   #8
E-2-E
Long Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWG19 View Post
I freakin want one!
They (STG-44) are pricey at 598.00 OTD, and the SKS from Century was $252.00 delivered, one coming from AIM $249.00, still pricey.

From AIM's website

"Advanced Tactical Imports German Sport Guns Schmeisser STG-44 .22lr caliber semi-automatic Rifle. A faithful .22lr caliber semi-automatic reproduction of the infamous "Sturmgewehr 44" Assault Rifle developed by the Germans during WWII. The GSG STG-44 features a weight of 9.5lbs, a 17.2 barrel, an overall length of 37.2 and real solid wood furniture. Shipped with a 25 round capacity magazine and in an Eastern Pine box hand-crafted by the Amish in the mountain region of New York state."

Old 11-04-2012, 10:38   #9
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-2-E View Post
They (STG-44) are pricey at 598.00 OTD, and the SKS from Century was $252.00 delivered, one coming from AIM $249.00, still pricey.

From AIM's website

"Advanced Tactical Imports German Sport Guns Schmeisser STG-44 .22lr caliber semi-automatic Rifle. A faithful .22lr caliber semi-automatic reproduction of the infamous "Sturmgewehr 44" Assault Rifle developed by the Germans during WWII. The GSG STG-44 features a weight of 9.5lbs, a 17.2” barrel, an overall length of 37.2” and real solid wood furniture. Shipped with a 25 round capacity magazine and in an Eastern Pine box hand-crafted by the Amish in the mountain region of New York state."
I wanted one(stg 44) till i saw the price. Now i still want one but doubt i will ever get one. Probably get the mp5,uzi,or m4 type instead just cant justify $600 for a .22lr

Last edited by CBennett; 11-04-2012 at 10:41..
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:01   #10
raven11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
I wanted one(stg 44) till i saw the price. Now i still want one but doubt i will ever get one. Probably get the mp5,uzi,or m4 type instead just cant justify $600 for a .22lr
its the price of "tactical" .22LR nowadays, the Sig 522 was $600 when it first came out and the Beretta ARX .22 was suppose to have a MSRP of $500-$600
Old 11-04-2012, 11:40   #11
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
its the price of "tactical" .22LR nowadays, the Sig 522 was $600 when it first came out and the Beretta ARX .22 was suppose to have a MSRP of $500-$600
i dont know i swore ive seen the S&W AR and the gsg for the $400-450 range. I thought??
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01   #12
raven11

Quote:
i dont know i swore ive seen the S&W AR and the gsg for the $400-450 range. I thought??
depends on the brand.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07   #13
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
depends on the brand.
yeah, just regular have some fun at the range S&W or that mentioned gsg or what ever i guess the uzi and others are a bit more im noticing
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12   #14
raven11

Quote:
yeah, just regular have some fun at the range S&W or that mentioned gsg or what ever i guess the uzi and others are a bit more im noticing
no argument here, I wanted a .22 rifle so I bought a CMMG .22 bolt for my AR and two magazines for a grand total of $170
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26   #15
michael e

I avoid going into gun shops so I dont have items follow me home. When I make a rare trip into the only local shop it is straight to the reloading section and out.
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39   #16
E-2-E
Long Trail

Quote:
Believe me, I had a hard time talking myself into a $600.00 .22, but the wife was standing next to me saying "Just buy it, don't stare at it" I like the GSG-5 and it was half the price of this IIRC

Old 11-04-2012, 12:43   #17
E-2-E
Long Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
I avoid going into gun shops so I dont have items follow me home. When I make a rare trip into the only local shop it is straight to the reloading section and out.
I usually head to the milsurp section first, then scan behind the counter of guns that haven't been priced for the floor, that's what gets me. The shop will take any firearm I want, put my name on it, and put in the back for 5 days. It gives me time to think about it, but this was a "I want it now"

Old 11-04-2012, 12:55   #18
CBennett

Quote:
Believe me, I had a hard time talking myself into a $600.00 .22, but the wife was standing next to me saying "Just buy it, don't stare at it" I like the GSG-5 and it was half the price of this IIRC
my kid wants us to get it pretty bad but till this thread i didnt know the price. I think i will end up the gsg route instead.
Old 11-04-2012, 13:07   #19
E-2-E
Long Trail

Quote:
my kid wants us to get it pretty bad but till this thread i didnt know the price. I think i will end up the gsg route instead.
The GSG-5 is a fun plinker, plus the mags are fairly cheap. I've bought worse rifles that had me scratching my head "Why did I buy this?" The VZ-52 is one for starters, a Marlin 444, and a Ruger 44 mag lever action is another.

Old 11-04-2012, 13:17   #20
raven11

Quote:
The GSG-5 is a fun plinker, plus the mags are fairly cheap. I've bought worse rifles that had me scratching my head "Why did I buy this?" The VZ-52 is one for starters, a Marlin 444, and a Ruger 44 mag lever action is another.

did you buy it in 7.62x45?