SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-04-2012, 22:12   #21
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
So you copped someone elses visual aid and took the name out and we are just supposed to pretend and play along?

How about we quit dancing around it and just refer to them, in total, as "The libertarian losers" since there is no one, who actually exists in this reality, you could be talking about?
"Play along"? My whole point in creating this thread is that having "Ron Paul" in the title of any thread instantly sentences that thread into becoming an idiotic orgy of personal attacks.

The idea the OP presented in the other thread with the graphic is worthy of discussion without Ron Paul's name appearing anywhere. It's the only way of having a "clean" discussion about the topic, hence my statement in my opening post.

Sadly, it wasn't enough to escape the RP hate, which has unfortunately attached itself like a virus to any discussion that isn't solely about Mitt Romney.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 22:14   #22
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
For the "imaginative" its always a question of if your aunt had balls would she be your uncle?

Its not a matter of being imaginative or not. Just realistic. Those of us "unimaginative" are just too busy living in reality rather than hyping hypotheticals. Its an exercise not worthy of our time.
It appears that you're too busy doing your best to stifle everybody else's imagination than actually living in reality. Living in reality doesn't require you to enter every hypothetical conversation with personal attacks.

Last edited by Gundude; 10-04-2012 at 22:15..
Old 10-04-2012, 22:30   #23
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
"Play along"? My whole point in creating this thread is that having "Ron Paul" in the title of any thread instantly sentences that thread into becoming an idiotic orgy of personal attacks.

The idea the OP presented in the other thread with the graphic is worthy of discussion without Ron Paul's name appearing anywhere. It's the only way of having a "clean" discussion about the topic, hence my statement in my opening post.

Sadly, it wasn't enough to escape the RP hate, which has unfortunately attached itself like a virus to any discussion that isn't solely about Mitt Romney.
The obvious seems to slip right by the fanatics.

Many of us had the chance to vote for other candidates, it is what we in good ole' USA on planet Earth call "The Primary"

That"s P R I M A R Y

Many of us didn't vote for Romney. Most of us were mature enough to accept that Romney won the P R I M A R Y, and as such we will support him to defeat Obama, rather than live in denial and keep voting for the candidates that lost, that is L O S T the P R I M A R Y.

Last edited by countrygun; 10-04-2012 at 22:31..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 22:35   #24
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
The obvious seems to slip right by the fanatics.

Many of us had the chance to vote for other candidates, it is what we in good ole' USA on planet Earth call "The Primary"

That"s P R I M A R Y

Many of us didn't vote for Romney. Most of us were mature enough to accept that Romney won the P R I M A R Y, and as such we will support him to defeat Obama, rather than live in denial and keep voting for the candidates that lost, that is L O S T the P R I M A R Y.
This thread isn't about Ron Paul.

Get over it.

Nobody is stuck more on Ron Paul than the haters are. I think it's obvious from this thread who is actually bringing Ron Paul into every conversation. How can you expect anybody to let it go when you can't.

Why did you even quote me in your response? It had nothing to do with what you quoted.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56   #25
fortyofforty
Capt. Hindsight

Quote:
It's fascinating that the words "Gary Johnson" and "Ron Paul" appear identical to some.
It's fascinating that the phrasing is identical, right down to the ellipses. So, nothing to see here, right?

Quote:
"You vote for Romney because [INSERT NAME HERE] would never win...but..."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
to save animals! Gun Rights are Civil Rights.
fortyofforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:49   #26
JFrame

Quote:
Thank you for accepting the question at face value and giving an honest answer.
No problemo...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:29   #27
walt cowan

if mitts going to win hands down....so why are you all so worried about johnson?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:38   #28
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
For the unimaginative, anything that's not right in front of their face is unimportant.
Bull. If your idea of imagination is the denial of reality, go draw anime. I prefer to live in the real world. Too many people who want to assume conditions that don't, can't and won't exsist so that they can peddle their own special brand of snake oil---the budget forecasts leap instantly to mind as a related example.

Imagination is wonderful, when it manipulates facts to produce innovation. You've glommed onto it as escapist fantasy. When you want to be serious and deal with the world, let me know.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54   #29
Snowman92D

Quote:
Is there anything about him, apart from his inability to get elected, that makes him a worse choice than Romney?
"...apart from his inability to get elected..."

Quintessential doper logic.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:59   #30
Brucev

Re: OP. I will vote for Romney b/c winning is the only thing that matter in November. The winners will be the deciders. The loosers will get to stand around and watch the winners do the deciding. Romney is the best means of conservatives and republicans winning in November. It's that simple. Whining about loosers who couldn't make it through the primary process is a waste of time.

In the future, those who want a more conservative candidate/executive will have to do a better job of convincing not only their faithful fringe supporters but the broader electorate. That's as it should be.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:25   #31
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Political Issues

This is the "clean" version of the thread...
You are correct. Problem is, that description is accurate - as in, there is no exit from the circle, other than giving up and giving the election to the side you dislike most.

To vote Libertarian, you have to agree to let Obama win (since Libertarian votes are, for the most part, people who would vote Republican, if forced to choose beteen D and R).

Last edited by Bren; 10-05-2012 at 09:48..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:49   #32
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
It's fascinating that the words "Gary Johnson" and "Ron Paul" appear identical to some.
They are more similar than Barry and Mittens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:04   #33
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

maybe people like romney better than johnson, ever think of that?
Old 10-05-2012, 18:55   #34
Acujeff

As Gov of NM for 8 years, Johnson achieved absolutely no pro-2A progress. Gun owners had to wait till Johnson left office to even get CCW. He publicly presented himself then as a non gun owner and had no desire to own one. Now that he’s running for President, he wants to own a gun. How is he good for gun owners?

Gary Johnson was a Republican for his entire political career from 1994 to late 2011, when he abandoned his Republican primary candidacy. He's only been an official Libertarian for five months now.

Libertarians are just hypocrites when they come to gun forums to call gun owners sheep for voting Republican when they are voting Johnson for the sake of "their" party. Johnson has no chance of even winning one state! How is that good for gun owners?

If Libertarians were honest about helping the RKBA they would be helping Romney beat Obama rather than calling for splitting the vote and trying to ensure Obama gets a 2nd term.

How is another 4 years of Obama good for gun owners?

Most Libertarians realize that and are voting for Romney.
From Cato: Polls Show Romney Winning the Libertarian Vote
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/poll-...ertarian-vote/

The benefits of President Romney platform and record are much more preferable to gun owners, and our kids, than the "let's let Obama win and send the USA to hell to teach Republicans a lesson" platform of the GT Libertarian strategists.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:54   #35
fortyofforty
Capt. Hindsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
As Gov of NM for 8 years, Johnson achieved absolutely no pro-2A progress. Gun owners had to wait till Johnson left office to even get CCW. He publicly presented himself then as a non gun owner and had no desire to own one. Now that he’s running for President, he wants to own a gun. How is he good for gun owners?

Gary Johnson was a Republican for his entire political career from 1994 to late 2011, when he abandoned his Republican primary candidacy. He's only been an official Libertarian for five months now.

Libertarians are just hypocrites when they come to gun forums to call gun owners sheep for voting Republican when they are voting Johnson for the sake of "their" party. Johnson has no chance of even winning one state! How is that good for gun owners?

If Libertarians were honest about helping the RKBA they would be helping Romney beat Obama rather than calling for splitting the vote and trying to ensure Obama gets a 2nd term.

How is another 4 years of Obama good for gun owners?

Most Libertarians realize that and are voting for Romney.
From Cato: Polls Show Romney Winning the Libertarian Vote
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/poll-...ertarian-vote/

The benefits of President Romney platform and record are much more preferable to gun owners, and our kids, than the "let's let Obama win and send the USA to hell to teach Republicans a lesson" platform of the GT Libertarian strategists.
Pointing out the hypocrisy in positions taken and lived by self-proclaimed "libertarians" does no good. Supporters excuse any behavior that doesn't fit their preconceived ideas of what their candidate represents. It happened with Ronnie Earmarks, where his words and his deeds were quite far apart. It is happening with Gary Johnson. I appreciate the arguments you make, though, for those of us unfamiliar with Johnson's history. Some libertarians apparently either want to destroy the country (maybe hoping to build a libertarian utopia on the ash heap) or are really Odumbo supporters in libertarian clothing (which seems prevalent here on GT).
to save animals! Gun Rights are Civil Rights.
fortyofforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:05   #36
Bren
NRA Life Member

Honestly, I like Libertarian domestic policy, but I would never vote for them for national office because their foreign policy amounts to: never do anything until it's too late and your enemies are in the middle of New York.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:24   #37
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
maybe people like romney better than johnson, ever think of that?
That was pretty evident in the primaries. RP & GJ were just not getting the votes. It's just simple reality.

--Gunhaver

Old 10-06-2012, 06:26   #38
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Honestly, I like Libertarian domestic policy, but I would never vote for them for national office because their foreign policy amounts to: never do anything until it's too late and your enemies are in the middle of New York.
Ditto. I've traveled too much to accept that neoisolationism is based on reality. It just won't work. Barry bent over and kissed their arses and they are burning him in effigy. You cannot appease them enough.

--Gunhaver

Old 10-06-2012, 06:35   #39
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:

If you didn't "belong" to a party,

and there was no Obama to kick out,

and you had a choice between Romney and Johnson, who would you pick?
And I Had eggs for breakfast?

But not if the moon were full...

And the Rolling stones released another hit album in the next 30 days

but only if Apple canceled the new Mini IPAD?

Then….maybe Johnson.

On the other hand….

If your Aunt had balls would she be your Uncle?

Just hypothetically speaking.

G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:46   #40
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Let's all agree that his positions aren't Republican positions.

Is there anything about him, apart from his inability to get elected, that makes him a worse choice than Romney?

If you didn't "belong" to a party, and there was no Obama to kick out, and you had a choice between Romney and Johnson, who would you pick?

The only thing that makes him worse than Romney is his foreign policy. IF you could meld GJ's domestic policy with Ronald Reagan's foreign policy, presence, ability to speak and belief in American exceptionalism, he'd be a good candidate.

--Gunhaver