GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:25   #1
pugman

Its November 7th….you are Romney…and you have won. Now what?

Hard Core Republicans in my office are buzzing…"Romney smoked Obama" blah blah blah. For the record: I will not vote for Obama, I will vote for Romney simply because its not Obama and he is a step in the right direction. He is not the answer this country needs right now; while a third party candidate will make me feel all warm and fuzzy because I voted my conscious this same conscious doesn’t pay my bills. I’m one of those 53% who pay taxes.

So then I asked all these hard liners: “Imagine Romney wins….then what?” You could hear the crickets. They have been so focused on hating O; while some are “sure” Romney will win they haven’t given any thought to the next four years.

I know Romney’s campaign has to clearly focus on November’s election first but extrapolate past the election – What does Romney need to do specifically within his first year in office.

His debate was decent; he bulldozed Obama…but in the grand scheme of things I think his overall performance was slightly above average.

It no surprise the economy needs attention now. Out of control spending, a falling dollar, a real estate market which has never recovered, unemployment over 8% for 40+ months, 47% of the country who pays no federal taxes, rising gas prices, 1 in 7 Americans receiving food stamps, etc.

ObamaCare: A program no one wants except the Federal Government and those who will benefit from it. Insurance providers, Physicians and Taxpayers in general don’t want it.

Foreign Policy: China, the Middle East, the War on Terror….

Immigration Control?

Energy policy…oil/gas prices?

What should his immediate focus be? You are on his advisor staff – what’s your plan?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19   #2
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Revoke a series if obama's executive orders. Make a strong statement of support for Israel and a clear speech with expectations and policies in the ME. Appoint a special prosecutor to deal with Holder's legacy. Put your judge/justice selection committee into high gear. Go have lunch. Resume with the cleanup in the pm
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20   #3
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

A theoretical agenda has to depend on what the Congress is going to look like. We don't know that yet. Will Romney have to deal with a Senate still led by Harry Reid?

Without knowing that it's hard to give a response.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15   #4
nursetim

I would go count the chicken before they hatch. Remember that the women of America get all creamy when they think of barry. And he's so cute too. Then there are the students pushing voter registration everywhere in Las Vegas. I can't go out without being asked 3-4 times if I am registered to vote. I tell them yes, to which the reply, do you support barry? I tell them certainly not, I love my country. They do not like my answer.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26   #5
wjv

My top 5

1 - Cut Spending
2 - Cut Spending
3 - Cut Spending
4 - Cut Spending
5 - Cut Spending

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50   #6
Rabid Rabbit

Blanket elimination of every executive order made in the last 4 years.
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53   #7
F350

1} Ask John Bolton to be Sec of State
2} Start repealing Obummer's executive orders
3} Find someone to replace Cass Sunstein as regulatory czar; except he will be the anti-regulatory czar and be charged with undoing all Sustien's regulations.
4} Get rid of every firerable administrator at the EPA, Army Corps of Engineers and Interior Dept.

That's just off the top of my head

Oh yea one more, get together with the new Republican Senate Majority Leader and Speaker of the House John Boehner and start working on repeal of Obummercare.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56   #8
Vic777

Freeze Government hiring. Try to get all State Governments and local town councils etc. to also freeze Government hiring. Big Government and it's fraud and waste are what's killing freedom.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37   #9
JBnTX
JB in Tx

1. Cut government spending.
a. Cut foreign aid
b. no more bailouts

2. Cut the size and power of government.
a. eliminate several government agencies
b. give more power to the states

3. Do a complete accounting of every penny of taxpayer money.
stop the waste and automatically recover Billions of dollars.

4. Bomb Iran.

5. Bomb Pakistan

6. Bomb North Korea
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40   #10
GAFinch

Go out on every business-oriented TV show for a couple months and restore business/consumer/investor confidence so he can possibly avoid a double-dip recession heading into office.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45   #11
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
A theoretical agenda has to depend on what the Congress is going to look like. We don't know that yet. Will Romney have to deal with a Senate still led by Harry Reid?

Without knowing that it's hard to give a response.
Ballpark it.

If Romney is serious about wanting to win….he needs to be serious about his plan as president. He should have at least a few consultants somewhere looking at “what if” scenarios of who he will potentially be dealing with.

He not only needs to hit the ground running but in high gear. I personally think he should take a page out of Scott Walker’s playbook here in Wisconsin.

Walker won his election, passed CCW, balanced a state budget, eliminated a huge black cloud deficit, took on a greedy public employees union and brought positive job growth back to this state. He didn’t get the job numbers he wanted (it was very optimistic)…but it was a move in the right (aka positive) direction. Then the union decided to start a recall…and what happened.

Not only did Walker win a second time – but he won by a larger margin

Romney needs to hit the gas immediately; IMO this is the 2nd most important election in my lifetime (I think the next one is #1). Romney wins, a plan with immediate and far reaching results to improve this country on as many fronts as possible is enacted immediately – which is where I think O failed. He tried to create a legacy in his first, not second, term. How many times did we hear “things are worse than I originally thought?” Romney better have people already in play telling him – this is what we are really dealing with not what we thought. Obama wins...and well look at Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy or Portgual.

If Romney’s first term is a repeat of O or W – we could easily get another Obama or worse next time around. However, he rights the ship, bails out a few trillion gallons of water on board the U.S.S Uncle Sam, and I think he will easily win a second term. He wins a second term and continues reducing the debt, creating jobs, and doing whatever he/you/me thinks needs to be done – we could finally get a president we deserve.

Just because he shouldn’t be counting his chickens before they hatch (which I agree with) doesn’t mean he shouldn’t already be talking to Col. Sanders.

Last edited by pugman; 10-04-2012 at 11:46..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 13:54   #12
BuckeyePPC

It's a trick question !! Win election but can't do much until he takes office in Jan.
BuckeyePPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 14:03   #13

Fire bernanke.
Get rid of a bunch of executive orders.
Get rid of as many of Obama's czars and appointees as possible

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 14:22   #14
ModGlock17

Day 1: Go find all the "R" buttons on the keyboards. They'd be all missing.....

His first Executive Order will be signed : Pesident omney.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 10-04-2012 at 14:23..
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 14:30   #15
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

1. Repeal Obamacare
2. Let the middle east know we mean business.
3. Cut spending
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:12   #16
nraman

Immediately announce that he will permit oil drilling everywhere there is oil. Kill the Canadian pipeline, we don't need their oil. According to a Harvard study, we can be selling oil by the year 2020 if the Feds allow it. The economy will start improving the same day as companies start preparations and start drilling. Exactly what happened in Brazil.
Oil prices will drop, further helping the economy.
End all wars, bring all the troops back home, let all our "friends" worry about their own defense. South Korea for example with a higher population than the North and an economy tens of times better, should be able to do it on their own. Same for Japan, Germany etc.
Completely cut off all foreign aid. Till we recover, their existence should be their problem. It is stupid to borrow from the Chinese to give the money away. If India needs money for birth control, they can build a couple of nukes less and use the money for birth control instead of expecting and even demanding that the idiots, us, cough up the money.
Completely disengage from Mideast issues, they have been a tremendous drain in blood and money. Enough worrying about others, let's try to stop the US from collapsing.
Old 10-04-2012, 15:16   #17
The Maggy

1.)Cut spending by around 43%. Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, DoD, the war on drugs, HUD... everything is on the block. If you aren't going to touch the big stuff then you are just blowing smoke.

2.)Secure the southern border and actually deal with the war on terror. Bombing other countries under the guise of the war on terror as thin veil for a religious war will solve nothing when terrorist have free access to our back yard. Bombing Iran, Pakistan, or who ever will only provoke; make it so you have to sail and invasion force to our shores if you want to accomplish anything.

3.)For the next four to eight years, don't worry about the domestic disputes of the world. Arab spring, Israel/Palestine... sorry but we are broke. Offer diplomatic support, only because talk is cheap; but if a country or a group of people want to make change in the world... the heavy lifting needs to be left to them.

Socially matters, number 1 takes care of it. Less government means more freedom goes back to the states and more importantly, the individual.

The Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:20   #18
nraman

Old 10-04-2012, 15:43   #19
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

If it is Nov 7th my answer is wait until Jan 20th to be sworn in and hope Obama doesn't try to do too much damage in the mean time.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:03   #20
Trew2Life
#the struggle

1) Repeal ObamaCare
2) Cut all spending on 'entitlement programs' by 75%
3) Make Ann stop saying, 'Mitt, it was just a dream. Come back to bed.'