GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 21:05   #126
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post

You are a buffoon of the highest order but I bet the view from your planet is awesome.
Man, I must say love you for this. Can I quote you in my sig line?
Zombie Surgeon is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:06   #127
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick64 View Post
I agree with you quite a bit, but not voting for Romney is voting for Obama. No matter how you slice it.
No its not. Its voting for the person he voted for. For the person he believes in.
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:08   #128
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,398
If this was the NFL

Team Romney = 31

Team Obama = 14

Win for Romney but not a whacking like I would have liked to see. Still I think Romney did win some more active support from his voters and even brought some fence sitters over from Obama

The foreign affairs debate should be awesome if it goes like this.
Ruggles is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:09   #129
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
What the heck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You simply dont live in reality. You drop the "it only matters who is counting the ballots..." in the thread and accuse me of being the hijacker?

You are a buffoon of the highest order but I bet the view from your planet is awesome.
You're wrong. I was following a tangent brought up by another poster. And we started to have a dialogue, but you'd rather continue with this foolishness. You obviously believe your feelings are more important than anything else.

Well, nice playing with you "sir," but now, if you really want to discuss your bitterness with me, please, just go pm me with your diatribes and let the adults speak here.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:09   #130
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
We all have some narcissist tendencies, but for PW to make that call is just hilarious. PW is narcissism incarnate.
Yes, he is. I also dont think he understand (much of anything) what "insecure" means.

I have a lot of undesirable traits. Some I need because they work for me, some I work on because they make my life harder but to be an arrogant, condescending prick of the magnitude that I am, "insecure" doesnt go with that.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:09   #131
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,887
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
I agree with you but let us not forget there are millions who until today never heard Mittens speak. If he just attacks and attacks without explaining why he is better than his opponent Romney will appear to be overly aggressive and mean.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think that millions of voters who have been too disengaged to hear Romney speak before now suddenly tuned in to watch the debate? How many of these people who did so possess either the attention span or intellectual capacity to actually understand what was going on?
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:10   #132
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
If this was the NFL

Team Romney = 31

Team Obama = 14

Win for Romney but not a whacking like I would have liked to see. Still I think Romney did win some more active support from his voters and even brought some fence sitters over from Obama

The foreign affairs debate should be awesome if it goes like this.
Good score.

Who got the most time overall? Or have they not done that count yet?
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:10   #133
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
No its not. Its voting for the person he voted for. For the person he believes in.
What matters is the end result. The bottom line.
And the bottom line is a vote for .5% candidate is a vote for the communist.
Please wake t.f.u. and smell the coffee.
Zombie Surgeon is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:11   #134
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
No its not. Its voting for the person he voted for. For the person he believes in.
Little kids get slapped and sent to detention for such absurd logic. Voting for a guy who cannot win is much the same as voting for the guy you despise. It is that simple - anything else is window dressing and rationalization.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:12   #135
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,175


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I dont see it.

I think it is like a damned pep rally, you are biased to the guy you want to win.

It sounds like two people saying much of the same thing with a mild disagreement.

Romney must attack the last 4 years, ATTACK. Instead he is trying to educate people and defend his positions. No one wants to be educated, they want a show. F'ing gut him man....eviscerate what is one of the worst records ever.

They both suck, it all sucks. I weep for what was once the Republic.

Of course, I will hold my nose and vote for Romney. He will manage the decay better.
I got the same impression. I guess Romney's trying to be nice during this one and wait for the next debate to be mean.

Plus the VP debate will be a soapbox for Ryan after the first five minutes in which he demolishes Plugs. That one should be entertaining.
gwalchmai is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:13   #136
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
You're wrong. I was following a tangent brought up by another poster. And we started to have a dialogue, but you'd rather continue with this foolishness. You obviously believe your feelings are more important than anything else.

Well, nice playing with you "sir," but now, if you really want to discuss your bitterness with me, please, just go pm me with your diatribes and let the adults speak here.
Listen, you are never right about anything. People like me, win some, and lose some, that is how the world works. All you have is a hope, that someday, you will be proven right.

Man, that really sucks for you. The least you could do, with your famous verbosity, is come up with an original take that is even somewhat appropo. It is hard to include yourself in the "adult" box when you are having a meltdown.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:13   #137
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you think that millions of voters who have been too disengaged to hear Romney speak before now suddenly tuned in to watch the debate?
Because that is the reality - no matter how sad it is.
Most undecided voters are only tuning in the election race starting with the first televised debate.
Zombie Surgeon is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:13   #138
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic
 
aplcr0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,117
"Obama better hope a Kicked Ass is covered under Obamacare" - Dennis Miller
__________________
But the rest of you, especially the rest of you under 30, wake up. The day is approaching where the media will redefine what is right or meaningful, redefine you as meaningless...And you'll believe it.
aplcr0331 is online now  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:15   #139
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
Little kids get slapped and sent to detention for such absurd logic. Voting for a guy who cannot win is much the same as voting for the guy you despise. It is that simple - anything else is window dressing and rationalization.
YOUR logic sir, is absurd. I'm voting for RP. Therefore my vote goes to RP and NO ONE else. Its fact.
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:16   #140
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
Man, I must say love you for this. Can I quote you in my sig line?
Of course.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:16   #141
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Marco Rubio now on FNC. I think I have a bromance.
Zombie Surgeon is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:18   #142
50 Cent
Senior Member
 
50 Cent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Republic of Texas, CSA
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
If this was the NFL

Team Romney = 31

Team Obama = 14

Win for Romney but not a whacking like I would have liked to see. Still I think Romney did win some more active support from his voters and even brought some fence sitters over from Obama

The foreign affairs debate should be awesome if it goes like this.
Given the state of foreign affairs O better bring his own cross 'cause Romney is going to nail him to it.

I almost cringe at how he could get smacked over that...

Almost
__________________
#NoAWB #StandYourGround
50 Cent is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:18   #143
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
YOUR logic sir, is absurd. I'm voting for RP. Therefore my vote goes to RP and NO ONE else. Its fact.
Obama thanks you.
Zombie Surgeon is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:18   #144
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
"Obama better hope a Kicked Ass is covered under Obamacare" - Dennis Miller
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is online now  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:18   #145
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
Obama thanks you.
For what?
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:18   #146
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,688
Blog Entries: 1
I thought you guys would like this. It's a quote from D.U.

"Like the rocky movies where the champ gets complacent and gets his ass beat, the president needs to get back the eye of the tiger before he gets back into the ring with Romney."

Consider the significance of where this came from.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:18   #147
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
YOUR logic sir, is absurd. I'm voting for RP. Therefore my vote goes to RP and NO ONE else. Its fact.
Yes, that is were you vote goes but the implications are larger than that.

It is a vote that Romney doesnt get. No matter what mental gymnastics you use, your choice helps Obama.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:19   #148
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
For what?
Never mind.
Zombie Surgeon is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:22   #149
Osborne
NRA Member
 
Osborne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Paintsville, KY
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Yes, that is were you vote goes but the implications are larger than that.

It is a vote that Romney doesnt get. No matter what mental gymnastics you use, your choice helps Obama.

Yup, by not voting for Romney your just helping Obama get elected no matter who else you vote for.
__________________
Sent from my iPhone
Osborne is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 21:22   #150
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
"Obama better hope a Kicked Ass is covered under Obamacare" - Dennis Miller
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:18.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 903
251 Members
652 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42