SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-13-2012, 15:59   #1
jakebrake
cracker

a bit of a problem

our board of inquiry went out to interview a prospective menber. turns out, he has had a scrape with the law....(in pa, it's often referred to as "possession with intent to distribute") one of our visitors steted he'd see what he could do, or something to that effect.

here's my issue. i live in a glass house. i'm 6 years sober. this guy made a stupid decision, and has paid his debt to society. is it wrong that i still want to offer him a chance?
Old 12-15-2012, 08:16   #2
jakebrake
cracker

this update just in. our wm has decided it won't fly, and is rejecting his application.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:43   #3
Hyksos

If that crime was a felony then he wouldn't even be eligible to be a Mason here. Felony = automatic out. There may be some weird way you can override that, but I highly doubt it.

Also, our petition has 3 pages at the end of it where you sign forms allowing a private 3rd party background check company to perform a background check on you. So, many of those with criminal histories never even get past the petition phase because they refuse to turn in the petition once they see that my GL requires a full background check. You have to submit all your info and your SSN in order to be background checked. It tends to keep the criminals away.

Last edited by Hyksos; 12-16-2012 at 08:45..
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote