Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-13-2010, 23:55   #1
1glockfan23

Any participating GSSF dealers in NC?

I live about 35 miles from Winston-Salem, NC. Looking to add another Glock to my armament and wondering if anyone knows any dealers in the area that participate in the GSSF purchase program. I am willing to drive an hour or two if necessary. Thanks.
1glockfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 14:26   #2
jdwatson

Young Guns in Apex, NC is participating. They have a sign in the Glock case with the appropriate pricing information. I haven't bought a gun from them.

Your best bet is to call GSSF and ask the amazing Ms. Donna & Co. to look up NC dealers. I hear the list is very active, which is why it is not published.

jdwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 19:45   #3
keryou1960

In Charlotte NC.

Hyatts Gun shop. I verified today.
keryou1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52   #4
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by keryou1960 View Post
Hyatts Gun shop. I verified today.
SERIOUSLY? Are you planning on buying one through them? I'd really like to hear the outcome of that.

Hyatts has the most outrageous prices on Glocks I've seen anywhere. They don't have a new Glock on their shelf for under $600 I think. Friggin' ridiculous. In fact, it's not just Glocks, but everything they sell is over-priced.

Everybody says "you have to haggle with them".... not me. I don't haggle. I expect you to put the price on there you think it's worth. If it's more than I think it's worth, I go someplace else. You wanna "screw" the people who don't know what the gun is really worth, I don't care if you are willing to come down in price for me, you're not getting my business.

I walk through there to window shop sometimes if I need a hit of "new gun smell"... but that's about it.

I'm really anxious to hear if you're planning on buying a gun w/ the GSSF deal through them, and how it works out. Post back (or PM me with) your experience?

ron

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:00   #5
Fooboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron59 View Post
SERIOUSLY? Are you planning on buying one through them? I'd really like to hear the outcome of that.

Hyatts has the most outrageous prices on Glocks I've seen anywhere. They don't have a new Glock on their shelf for under $600 I think. Friggin' ridiculous. In fact, it's not just Glocks, but everything they sell is over-priced.

Everybody says "you have to haggle with them".... not me. I don't haggle. I expect you to put the price on there you think it's worth. If it's more than I think it's worth, I go someplace else. You wanna "screw" the people who don't know what the gun is really worth, I don't care if you are willing to come down in price for me, you're not getting my business.

I walk through there to window shop sometimes if I need a hit of "new gun smell"... but that's about it.

I'm really anxious to hear if you're planning on buying a gun w/ the GSSF deal through them, and how it works out. Post back (or PM me with) your experience?

ron
I'd like to know more about this as well. Honoring GSSF pricing is the last thing I'd expect from these guys.
Fooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 20:29   #6
Skydivn Shooter
Will Jump4 Ammo

As understand it:

Honoring GSSF pricing and "free guns” from Glock is the voluntary "obligation" of any Glock stocking dealer. The Dealer gets reimbursed by the distributor.

The issue is the Transfer Fee – Some Glock Stocking Dealers choose not to participate in the program because they make NOTHING on the transaction, including the transfer fee.

Last edited by Skydivn Shooter; 11-22-2010 at 20:29..
Skydivn Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:55   #7
treknomad

I bought a Glock 20SF from Hyatts in 2010 via the GSSF purchase program. They were completely compliant with GSSF pricing. I paid NC sales tax, of course, and an annoying paperwork fee ( $12 , if I recall correctly ) for completing the obligatory forms.

I was in Hyatt's yesterday and a testament to their pricing practice was their price of a Glock sport combat holster. These are typically available for 12-15 usd in most of the known universe. Price at Hyatt's was $29.99. At least they were consistent since the price of the matching magazine holder was also $29.99.

In late 2010 I did in fact purchase a Glock 17 DIRECTLY from Hyatts, not through GSSF, but I did this through their website. They apparently have 2 pricing levels, online vs walk-in. The online price I paid was reasonable. The walk-in prices are generally excessive. Buyer beware.
treknomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:48   #8
ron59
Bustin Caps

I had forgotten about this thread.

I posted above that I would be shocked to find out that HYatts honored GSSF prices... well, I went in a month later, and... guess what? I was shocked.

Yep, they honored the price. However, they still managed to "do their thing". On the walls is posted a sign that says they add $15 to the sale of every gun to pay for the paperwork required of them due to the Brady Bill. Yep, had to pay an extra $15 even on my GSSF purchase. Still figured it was worth it, I didn't spend gas driving anywhere else (I worked 5 miles from there at the time) and it WAS quick and easy.

They didn't have gun in stock.... I ordered it and it was in less than a week later. Smooth and easy. My sales guy was very easy to work with, so that was a nice thing.

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:49   #9
L.R.T.

not sure if its true or not, but i'v been told that Lawmans in charlotte also honores gssf pricing. i know they do for LE, but not sure if they do to cilvilian gssf members. their not far from Hyats, but i would drive 100 miles, and pay full retail just to not deal with those people
L.R.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57   #10
s0nspark
Talk is cheap!

Send a message via AIM to s0nspark Send a message via Skype™ to s0nspark
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R.T. View Post
not sure if its true or not, but i'v been told that Lawmans in charlotte also honores gssf pricing. i know they do for LE, but not sure if they do to cilvilian gssf members. their not far from Hyats, but i would drive 100 miles, and pay full retail just to not deal with those people
I don't think Lawman's does anymore... unless they've started up again. I checked with them early in the year and they had stopped for some reason.

The last two GSSF purchases I made, I just went through Ed's Public Safety. They've been great to deal with.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:28   #11
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
I don't think Lawman's does anymore....
This thread is 2 YEARS OLD so virtually nothing may apply.

I don't think NC is one of Ed's states anymore - though I've got to admit I keep forgetting.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 13:00   #12
s0nspark
Talk is cheap!

Send a message via AIM to s0nspark Send a message via Skype™ to s0nspark
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
This thread is 2 YEARS OLD so virtually nothing may apply.

I don't think NC is one of Ed's states anymore - though I've got to admit I keep forgetting.
Yes, it is but the last post was much more recent ;-) My intention was to clarify the information provided there.

Yes, NC is one of Ed's states - they were actually recommended to me by Donna @ GSSF when Lawman's stopped participating...
Old 10-01-2012, 15:00   #13
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
Yes, it is but the last post was much more recent ;-) My intention was to clarify the information provided there.

Yes, NC is one of Ed's states - they were actually recommended to me by Donna @ GSSF when Lawman's stopped participating...
I think L.R.T. was replying to a 14 month old (already non-relevant) post and had to get in the Way-Back machine to even find the thread.

But true, if Ed's is on the NC list, they are certainly the best and easiest deal going - if the FFL on the receiving end is halfway fair in price. Ed's also generally has the best stock.

(I can never quite remember all of Ed's states - only that FL isn't one any more for new Glocks.)
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote