Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2012, 14:05   #1
thaddeus

Cardio wing at the hospital

I ended up in the cardio unit at a hospital for a week. No I did not have a heart attack. But it's been crazy the **** goes on I have no idea. Weird ass loudspeaker announcements from automated voices. People calling out codes. Plus the food is terrible just like a warzone. I think the Terminator is outside my door and I'm wondering if I should tactically cear the hallway. Those male automated code calls are bizzare....
Old 10-03-2012, 14:08   #2
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

They are afraid that the patients will find out what actually goes on.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 15:16   #3
wmodavis

Best thing to do in a hospital is to get out as quickly as you can.
wmodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 15:17   #4
Drilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
Best thing to do in a hospital is to get out as quickly as you can.
Amen!
Old 10-03-2012, 18:42   #5
JackMac

I ended up in a burn unit at Duke, but was not a burn victim. I had lots of trauma, broken bones, skin grafts, skin flaps, pig skin bandages and I guess they had no where else to put me at the time. I don't remember the food though, I don't recall even eating at the time. I was in that unit a couple of weeks and then moved to a regular room where I spent three months. All pinned together with an erector set device. limb too messed up to put a cast on. it was a time when hell was in session.
Old 10-03-2012, 21:54   #6
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMac View Post
I ended up in a burn unit at Duke, but was not a burn victim. I had lots of trauma, broken bones, skin grafts, skin flaps, pig skin bandages and I guess they had no where else to put me at the time. I don't remember the food though, I don't recall even eating at the time. I was in that unit a couple of weeks and then moved to a regular room where I spent three months. All pinned together with an erector set device. limb too messed up to put a cast on. it was a time when hell was in session.
The burn unit is the best place to be with that kind of injury. The plastic reconstructive surgeons that deal with burns are the best at the skin flaps, grafts, etc. My mom has a non-healing surgical wound on her ankle and she was sent to the burn unit at the hospital here. 1-2x weekly appointments to change dressings and keep things clean. Their big concern once the bone is set (sounds like they used an external fixator) is preventing infection and getting the soft tissue envelope to close. The burn care unit has all the different absorbent materials, the wound vacs, the appligraf, integra, etc etc to properly dress the wound and aid in its healing. There was a very good reason they put you in the burn unit, not just because they had nowhere else to put you.

I have to ask, how did your recovery go?

to the OP....if you're really curious, there's usually a chart posted somewhere near the nurse's station of what the codes are and some of the hospitals have a reference card on the back of their id badges. If you catch a glimpse you might find out what all those codes mean. Google helps too.

Here's a supposedly standard set....
•RED for fire
•BLUE for adult medical emergency
•WHITE for pediatric medical emergency
•PINK for infant abduction
•PURPLE for child abduction
•YELLOW for bomb threat
•GRAY for a combative person
•SILVER for a person with a weapon and/or active shooter and/or hostage situation
•ORANGE for a hazardous material spill/release
•TRIAGE INTERNAL for internal disaster
•TRIAGE EXTERNAL for external disaster
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote