Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 17:23   #76
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I was going to try respond to you and engage you in a conversation but that would be such a waste of time as to be pointless. Been posting here for 7 years now and this stands as the most ignorant post I have ever read. Glad we are not neighbors
Riiiiight. So if not for Vietnam or Korea we'd all be speaking Vietnamese or Korean now? If not for all the middle east fighting we've been involved in we'd all be pointing our butts in the air several times a day in praise of Allah?

Or maybe those other countries could have been left to their own devices to figure out their own problems while in the meantime we could have used that quadrillion or so dollars to lead a better example of what happens when you take care of your own **** and not worry about anybody else and used the leftover funds to ensure one hell of a backlash from anybody that brings a fight to us.

But please, feel free to explain how "ignorant" I am. You and AI with his obvious preference for being thought a hero rather than a corporate thug for the MIC can feel free to come along and tell me all about how I don't understand because I've never had my boots on the ground or been under enemy fire as if that has anything to do with it.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:32   #77
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
It is entirely possible that people disagree with the approach politicians take with waging war. But the military is deployed and follows the orders of the politicians elected by the people. None of the military joined with the intention of dying for political causes but for the defense of liberty. It is, indeed, unfortunate that defending liberty for all Americans includes those that that don't care if they die.
The "defense of liberty" is a BS line fed to people to get them to join. Sounds a whole lot better than telling them that some politician had a bunch or campaign money donated by a defense contractor and we need people to operate all the shiny new tanks and choppers that he voted a ton of taxpayer money for in return.

Can you explain how American liberty is at greater risk if we just keep our troops at home and only respond to actual threats to our homeland? Who has any reason to have a beef with us if we're not involved in their affairs in the first place?

They hate our freedom? Then why haven't they attacked Holland with all their pot bars and hookers yet?
Old 10-03-2012, 17:32   #78
Shinytop

Gunhaver, if you have a beef with the MIC join the rest of us. But to not care about the deaths of service members who are being misused much more than you is ignorant. Absolutely. The sad fact is that if you don't understand that no discussion will clear the BS from your mind. I do have to wonder if you really believe your right to so speak is not the result of servicemen dying for over 250 years. Have the wars ever been wrongly directly? Ya, but that is not the fault of the servicemen. The fact remains that we must have military forces to retain the freedom that you enjoy while disparaging those who have kept that freedom for you. Ignorant is too gentle a word for your condition.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:32   #79
Airborne Infantryman
Future JBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Riiiiight. So if not for Vietnam or Korea we'd all be speaking Vietnamese or Korean now? If not for all the middle east fighting we've been involved in we'd all be pointing our butts in the air several times a day in praise of Allah?

Or maybe those other countries could have been left to their own devices to figure out their own problems while in the meantime we could have used that quadrillion or so dollars to lead a better example of what happens when you take care of your own **** and not worry about anybody else and used the leftover funds to ensure one hell of a backlash from anybody that brings a fight to us.

But please, feel free to explain how "ignorant" I am. You and AI with his obvious preference for being thought a hero rather than a corporate thug for the MIC can feel free to come along and tell me all about how I don't understand because I've never had my boots on the ground or been under enemy fire as if that has anything to do with it.
You're an idiot.

ETA: Corporate thug? That's too high-class. I prefer Jackbooted Thug. Sounds more intimidating to sheeple that way.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 10-03-2012 at 17:49..
Old 10-03-2012, 17:42   #80
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
You're an idiot.
Thats unfair to idiots. He is much much more.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:45   #81
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Thats unfair to idiots. He is much much more.
I am telling you guys, he has to be a troll. Or a member of the Phelps family, and they are real life trolls.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:50   #82
jp3975

Quote:

People think you're crazy because you said you dont have any sympathy for anyone that dies in the military.

Some things you should think and not say...unless you want people to hate you for for saying stupid things on the edge of being evil.

Last edited by jp3975; 10-03-2012 at 17:50..
Old 10-03-2012, 18:23   #83
Ruggles

Quote:
The "defense of liberty" is a BS line fed to people to get them to join. Sounds a whole lot better than telling them that some politician had a bunch or campaign money donated by a defense contractor and we need people to operate all the shiny new tanks and choppers that he voted a ton of taxpayer money for in return.

Can you explain how American liberty is at greater risk if we just keep our troops at home and only respond to actual threats to our homeland? Who has any reason to have a beef with us if we're not involved in their affairs in the first place?

They hate our freedom? Then why haven't they attacked Holland with all their pot bars and hookers yet?
Read a history book, you might just learn something. I take it you have never served which is perfectly fine until you start running off at the mouth about those who have and currently are. Using the very freedom of speech that service has secured no less.

Here, in honor of our fallen dead you don't seem to care about....

Now feel free to sit down and STFU

Last edited by Ruggles; 10-03-2012 at 19:44..
Old 10-03-2012, 18:37   #84
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
GUYS!!!! NOOOO!!! TITANIC WAS SUNKEN BY ATHEISTS! SPREAD THE WORD.
Actually the Jews did it. Iceberg? Greenberg? Some kind of name like that. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
Old 10-03-2012, 19:52   #85
dango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
And with the supposedly mysterious death of every witness it would actually increase the odds of a witness coming forward. And yet they haven't. Makes ya think.
Good,at least we are thinking!I have done what I set out to do ,at least think again and take a look at both and all
possibilities !Do we not preach awareness ? Thinking is a big part of that , Thank you , I needed people look at all ,with scrutiny,
Your very life may depend on minor details.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:16   #86
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
Gunhaver, if you have a beef with the MIC join the rest of us. But to not care about the deaths of service members who are being misused much more than you is ignorant. Absolutely. The sad fact is that if you don't understand that no discussion will clear the BS from your mind. I do have to wonder if you really believe your right to so speak is not the result of servicemen dying for over 250 years. Have the wars ever been wrongly directly? Ya, but that is not the fault of the servicemen. The fact remains that we must have military forces to retain the freedom that you enjoy while disparaging those who have kept that freedom for you. Ignorant is too gentle a word for your condition.
To say not care is kind of harsh. I'd say not care more than any other person that dies, as in not holding dead servicemen up as somehow better than a guy that dies in a construction accident. "He was fighting for your right to affordable housing." Nope. Sucks for him though, wish it hadn't happened. But some of the comments after your are acting like I'm cheering on those deaths or something.

Yeah, we need a military, it's a very important job. I wouldn't want to be without road repair workers either, but when they go out ripping up perfectly good road because they have budgets to spend and jobs to justify it makes it hard for me to feel really bad when one gets hit by a car.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:22   #87
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Actually the Jews did it. Iceberg? Greenberg? Some kind of name like that. HH

You're right!

Until there's proof they didn't, I'm convinced they did! Spread the word!
Old 10-03-2012, 20:26   #88
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Good,at least we are thinking!I have done what I set out to do ,at least think again and take a look at both and all
possibilities !Do we not preach awareness ? Thinking is a big part of that , Thank you , I needed people look at all ,with scrutiny,
Your very life may depend on minor details.
Yep, the went right over your head.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:28   #89
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Read a history book, you might just learn something. I take it you have never served which is perfectly fine until you start running off at the mouth about those who have and currently are. Using the very freedom of speech that service has secured no less.

Here, in honor of our fallen dead you don't seem to care about....

Now feel free to sit down and STFU
So no lesson on how every (or even any) war entered by the U.S. since WW2 has prevented an imminent threat to our security? Just the usual, "Yer a dumbass because you don't support our troops!" BS? No. There are too many stupid squabbles going on around the world that we've sent people to die in for absolutely no reason except the interests of the people that made the call.

The Okie Corral
Old 10-03-2012, 20:48   #90
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
If you believe, honestly believe, that 9/11 was carried out by the US Government then you deserve to be shunned from polite society. At a minimum.
Agreed, thank you! You are far more polite about this than I am.
Old 10-03-2012, 21:01   #91
Ruggles

Quote:
So no lesson on how every (or even any) war entered by the U.S. since WW2 has prevented an imminent threat to our security? Just the usual, "Yer a dumbass because you don't support our troops!" BS? No. There are too many stupid squabbles going on around the world that we've sent people to die in for absolutely no reason except the interests of the people that made the call.

The Okie Corral
What do you care about where we send people who you clearly don't care about? Let em die, nothing different than them dying in service to our country or mountain climbing in Utah to you right? Keep trying to defend that asinine thought process

Great thing is that regardless of your selfish lack of appreciation of what our service members have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice they still step up to the line so idiots like you can ramble on like you do.....don't worry somebody will pay your debt for freedom regardless of you beliefs about them
Old 10-03-2012, 21:17   #92
Ruggles

Quote:
To say not care is kind of harsh. I'd say not care more than any other person that dies, as in not holding dead servicemen up as somehow better than a guy that dies in a construction accident. "He was fighting for your right to affordable housing." Nope. Sucks for him though, wish it hadn't happened. But some of the comments after your are acting like I'm cheering on those deaths or something.

Yeah, we need a military, it's a very important job. I wouldn't want to be without road repair workers either, but when they go out ripping up perfectly good road because they have budgets to spend and jobs to justify it makes it hard for me to feel really bad when one gets hit by a car.
WTF is this dribble?

So society should not honor our fallen service members any differently than a guy who dies in a factory accident for example? By that logic the first responders on Sept 11th who died should not be honored anymore than the office workers who died inside the WTC.....

Let me save you the effort of asking

....the first responders willing rushed INTO the burning building to protect and save others....there is the difference you can not seem to understand, those who put themselves in harms way to protect others deserve the honor that demands....of course they chose to be in that line of work so I guess they deserve no special appreciation.....

This really should piss you off

Guess we know what you think of young men like these running towards the danger, they get what they deserve....

Want to know the difference between mountain climbing and military service...

Sacrifice for the common good of soceity.....

Last edited by Ruggles; 10-03-2012 at 21:52..
Old 10-03-2012, 21:36   #93
kpuscg04
ACTA NON VERBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Does anybody hate that our men and women are dying in the middle east fighting a global war on "terror"? I don't think that our was is justified, we should be looking in. Those responsible for the towers and the slaughter of our servicepeople are still walking around unpunished.

AE911Truth Experts Speak Out - YouTube

Mysterious Deaths of 9/11 Witnesses (MUST SEE) - YouTube
OMG You figured it out!!!!!! It had to be the .gov. Because the .gov that killed all those people on 9/11 is just going to let you tell everyone about it on the interweb.
Old 10-04-2012, 00:08   #95
JW1178

The main reason I know the government didn't carry out 911 is because they are way to incompentent to possibly carry out something this big and complex and be successful.
Old 10-04-2012, 00:14   #96
Fiery Red XIII
CLM Number 223
Adorkable

A while ago too...think it was in CA, concrete overpass, same principle. A car hit a support, started on fire, hours after the start, the overpass collapsed due to damage, fire, and heat weakening the concrete/metal.

Red
Old 10-04-2012, 00:27   #97
JW1178

Quote:

The Okie Corral
Okay, what if we had gone into Germany in the early 1930's and stopped Hitler before Germany could have built up the juggernaut that it had became? People would have said it was a war of aggression to torture the German people and keep them from getting ahead. We didn't, and look what happened.

Lets just say that in the 1950's we just allowed the North Korean and Chineese Communists to take over South Korea with no resistance? What if in the 1960-1970's we just allowed North Vietnam, USSR and China to take over South Vietnam with no resistance? They ultimately did, but we made it hard for them. Lets say we just don't go to war until we are attacked? The Communists could just sweep through any weaker nation they wanted to with no resistance? Red Dawn very well could have been a reality.

That's the reason we haven't been in a war like WWII since WWII. Yeah, I know, 30K died in Korea and 56K died in Vietnam over a 12 year period. We have lost about 5-6K men in the "war on terror" including Iraq. Yes, this is horrible but we don't live in a peachy world, we live in a dog eat dog world and freedom is not free. What we have lost in the past almost now 67 years since WWII is a whole lot less than doing what we did between WWI and WWII where we let our enemies grow and resulted in a staggering 416,800 dead.
Old 10-04-2012, 13:22   #98
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

So society should not honor our fallen service members any differently than a guy who dies in a factory accident for example? By that logic the first responders on Sept 11th who died should not be honored anymore than the office workers who died inside the WTC.....

Let me save you the effort of asking

....the first responders willing rushed INTO the burning building to protect and save others....there is the difference you can not seem to understand, those who put themselves in harms way to protect others deserve the honor that demands....of course they chose to be in that line of work so I guess they deserve no special appreciation.....
I see you have a problem with logic. Those first responders were facing a clear attack on our soil with actual U.S. citizens lives in danger so yes, what they did was very heroic and I admire them for it. Let us also not forget that nobody thought that either tower would come down until the first one did. I wonder how heroic they would have been if they knew the outcome of that mess before going in. Police and firemen pull out of extremely dangerous situations all the time.

Current overseas military operations are not even close in comparison. We don't need to be there and our own people are not suffering or in danger. The whole thing depends on the BS myth that the world's regimes are all poised to "take our freedom" and relies on the support of people that buy into that myth. It's real easy to say that any particular regime could grow to the point that they could become a serious threat to us. By that point we'd be justified in using full scale assaults to the extent of our technology and training like everybody wishes we'd do instead of the half ass MIC friendly approach we seem so fond of. Just keeping the combat opportunities going wherever we can because there are budgets to justify and equipment to use up.
Old 10-04-2012, 17:24   #99
Ruggles

Quote:
I see you have a problem with logic. Those first responders were facing a clear attack on our soil with actual U.S. citizens lives in danger so yes, what they did was very heroic and I admire them for it. Let us also not forget that nobody thought that either tower would come down until the first one did. I wonder how heroic they would have been if they knew the outcome of that mess before going in. Police and firemen pull out of extremely dangerous situations all the time.

Current overseas military operations are not even close in comparison. We don't need to be there and our own people are not suffering or in danger. The whole thing depends on the BS myth that the world's regimes are all poised to "take our freedom" and relies on the support of people that buy into that myth. It's real easy to say that any particular regime could grow to the point that they could become a serious threat to us. By that point we'd be justified in using full scale assaults to the extent of our technology and training like everybody wishes we'd do instead of the half ass MIC friendly approach we seem so fond of. Just keeping the combat opportunities going wherever we can because there are budgets to justify and equipment to use up.
"Those first responders were facing a clear attack on our soil with actual U.S. citizens lives in danger so yes, what they did was very heroic and I admire them for it. Let us also not forget that nobody thought that either tower would come down until the first one did. I wonder how heroic they would have been if they knew the outcome of that mess before going in."

Uhhhh that is what make them heroes, they willing went into a dangerous situation to help others not knowing the outcome. I guess we can count on you helping when there is absolutely not any threat of possible harm or danger to you

Just because clearly your sad little butt would run the other way does not mean everyone would. In fact many have not, are not and would not. How apt that I posted that video earlier about that very matter before you posted this utter load of crap above.

Oh and the 1st responders did not know it was an attack on the U.S. at the time. All they knew was that lives were in danger, they could help so they did. That makes it all the more heroic in my book.

Either you are a troll or a real urine stain on the American sprit

Last edited by Ruggles; 10-04-2012 at 17:30..
Old 10-04-2012, 17:33   #100
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
The main reason I know the government didn't carry out 911 is because they are way to incompentent to possibly carry out something this big and complex and be successful.
Yeah so they could pull this huge thing off in secret but not "plant a few" WMDs in Iraq for us to "find" to justify that invasion to the liberals.
Closed Thread