Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 15:37   #51
RonS

Screw the physics. Here is a convincing argument for me.

Why blow up the towers at all? Seriously, why risk discovery for no real gain? If the goal was to justify the WOT or whatever the theory is, taking the towers down was icing on the cake. Terrorists flew jet airliners filled with screaming, helpless men, women and children into a freaking sky scraper, what more do you want? Oh, kill some more people, the American public is so jaded that just murdering a few hundred innocents might not be enough, we need to plant bombs that might be discovered before, or detected after, to ensure that the towers fall down.
Old 10-03-2012, 15:39   #52
kiole

The Okie Corral
Old 10-03-2012, 15:43   #53
cgwahl
Sheriffs a near

Pawsitively Stylish Mobile Pet Salon (Southern California)

Last edited by cgwahl; 10-03-2012 at 15:47..
Old 10-03-2012, 15:47   #54
cgwahl
Sheriffs a near

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...neaky-butthole

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...ug-these-leaks

Pawsitively Stylish Mobile Pet Salon (Southern California)
Old 10-03-2012, 15:55   #55
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post

Why blow up the towers at all? Seriously, why risk discovery for no real gain? If the goal was to justify the WOT or whatever the theory is, taking the towers down was icing on the cake. Terrorists flew jet airliners filled with screaming, helpless men, women and children into a freaking sky scraper, what more do you want? Oh, kill some more people, the American public is so jaded that just murdering a few hundred innocents might not be enough, we need to plant bombs that might be discovered before, or detected after, to ensure that the towers fall down.
Winner.

Great point. Why risk blowing the place up when they are already crashing planes?

What does it accomplish?
Old 10-03-2012, 16:01   #56
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post

That is the kind of clear and logical thinking that will be completely ignored by the truthers.
Old 10-03-2012, 16:09   #57
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I don't feel bad for the Americans dying in wars regardless of where or why the war. It's never a case of imminent danger to the U.S. anymore. Always just more meddling in the affairs of other countries and the blowback that results from that. Anybody that wants to sign on to take the risk of dying in that political mess is as free to do so as somebody that wants to go base jumping or cave diving. I don't cry for those guys when they die either.
This.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 10-03-2012, 16:16   #58
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
As Stephen F. Roberts so famously said speaking with a Christian apologist "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Old 10-03-2012, 16:23   #59
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You are turning all that anger in the wrong direction.

You are wrong and the things (this) you believe are wrong. Flat out wrong. Take all that passion and make your life better.

There are two things you can do to "know" instead of "believe."

Become powerful.

Learn advanced science/math

If you becpome powerful you would realize, yeah, you have a lot of influence and the world bends to your will more...but you still have to fight the good fight because other powerful people dont see it your way.

If you learned advanced science/math, it is very hard to lie to you about things of a physical/financial level. You are still subject to failure in relationships and such but you would know things, like why the towers fell or if this car salesman is lying to me.

Or, you can just keep on fighting the wrong fight and wasting your life.

Think long and hard about what I have put on the table. Make your life better or keep on complaining about something you dont really understand.

Your move.
THIS...

I suggest the OP begin with a little light reading here

http://www.deepermind.com/07search.htm

It really is pretty simple. Some religious nuts flew planes into buildings causing wanton destruction or a massive conspiracy to bring down the buildings, blame others, and leave absolutely no proof behind of the involvement of what would have had to been thousands of rouge agents all for a reason or reasons unknown.

Read the link and consider the two options.

Last edited by dbcooper; 10-03-2012 at 16:25..
Old 10-03-2012, 16:25   #60
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Does anybody hate that our men and women are dying in the middle east fighting a global war on "terror"? I don't think that our was is justified, we should be looking in. Those responsible for the towers and the slaughter of our servicepeople are still walking around unpunished.

AE911Truth Experts Speak Out - YouTube

Mysterious Deaths of 9/11 Witnesses (MUST SEE) - YouTube
This is retarded, seriously. Planes flew into the tower being piloted by al Qaeda terrorist.

Most people who push these conspiracy theories are not even from New York.

There is no conspiracy. How can you fake what happed when Tens of thousands of people personally witnessed it and millions of Americas seen the evidence. Does the CIA have some sort of mass Men in Black mind erasing ray?

Here are the stories from REAL eye witnesses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/08/us...anted=all&_r=0
Old 10-03-2012, 16:31   #61
fwm

Quote:
So the architects and engineers that know that this was an implosion have rotten brains, too?
You need to go to school and study engineering. I have. Anybody that says that the 'Towers' was an implosion graduated at the bottom of their class and should be still looking for work.
Old 10-03-2012, 16:34   #62
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Yes, it is a rather long video, but, does it bother you that there is a cover up of a government massacre on it's own people?
Great another nut job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Old 10-03-2012, 16:35   #63
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Do some research and notice the numbers who have been found dead,witnesses and such and if nothing else it should make you think.
And with the supposedly mysterious death of every witness it would actually increase the odds of a witness coming forward. And yet they haven't. Makes ya think.
Old 10-03-2012, 16:49   #64
Airborne Infantryman
Future JBT

Quote:
I don't feel bad for the Americans dying in wars regardless of where or why the war. It's never a case of imminent danger to the U.S. anymore. Always just more meddling in the affairs of other countries and the blowback that results from that. Anybody that wants to sign on to take the risk of dying in that political mess is as free to do so as somebody that wants to go base jumping or cave diving. I don't cry for those guys when they die either.
ETA: Not worth getting banned.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 10-03-2012 at 16:49..
Old 10-03-2012, 16:49   #65
fwm

Quote:
Do you think that the heat was enough to melt the beams?
Not just yes but OH HE!! YES. Jet fuel burns at 1800%, steel starts to soften at about 800%. (My grandfather taught me some blacksmithing skills when I was young), and believe me when I tell you that heat less than that in those fires was far beyond what is necessary for steel to lose it's strength, beams to start separating from each other and allow one floor to collapse, which started a cascade.

The SR71 was made of titanium, not steel, for just this reason. A steel structured SR71 would not survive the 800% temperature it flies at. Look it up. Friction of the air at mach 3 is enough to destroy the integrity of steel. A jet fueled fire is far more sever. Look it up.

I have actually melted into a lump a complete steel lawnmower with just a small wood fire, not as hot as a jet fueled fire.

I guess there are some people out there like Rose O'Donnell that have some sort of over confidence in the strength of steel, but I never thought I would see one on here.
Old 10-03-2012, 16:50   #66
Ruggles

Quote:
I was going to try respond to you and engage you in a conversation but that would be such a waste of time as to be pointless. Been posting here for 7 years now and this stands as the most ignorant post I have ever read. Glad we are not neighbors

Last edited by Ruggles; 10-03-2012 at 16:59..
Old 10-03-2012, 16:50   #67
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

These threads sure do bring them out of the woodwork.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
Old 10-03-2012, 16:56   #68
fjrdc

Truther, Hey isn't Amadinejad one too?!
Old 10-03-2012, 16:57   #69
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

GUYS!!!! NOOOO!!! TITANIC WAS SUNKEN BY ATHEISTS! SPREAD THE WORD.

Gosh, I wish I was as smart as these conspiracy theorists. I wish I could just see with my eyes as open as theirs. I'm just a poor little sheep, and they're so much more superior than all of us, they know it all.

Old 10-03-2012, 16:58   #70
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

My favorite conspiracy theorist line.

"Until there's proof they didn't do it, I'm convinced that they did!" ROFL
Old 10-03-2012, 17:02   #71
Airborne Infantryman
Future JBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I was going to try respond to you and engage you in a conversation but that would be such a waste of time as to be pointless. Been posting here for 7 years now and this stands as the most ignorant post I have ever read. Glad we are not neighbors
My reply would've got me perma-banned from this forum, which may have been a good thing in retrospect.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:04   #72
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
My reply would've got me perma-banned from this forum, which may have been a good thing in retrospect.
I chose to ignore it. I figure it has to be a troll.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:08   #73
Pwhfirefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
WTC 1 was 1368 ft tall and weighed about 500,000 tons. It had 110 floors, and was hit at the 93-99th floors. The impact took out some of the outer support columns but the fire is what really did it.

Imagine that the steel supports connecting the floors to the center tube are heated to approx 750-800C but the jet fuel and other materials already inside the building. The steel starts to lose strength around 425C and loses 50% of its strength around 650C. Now, the floor supports have weak points where they are attached to the center tube and some have lost half or more of their strength. With the outer columns compromised by impact, there is nearly an entire side whose load has to be transferred to the intact supports. This increases considerably the load on the remaining supports, which are also at half or less of their design strength.

So when all that happens and you've got 50,000-plus tons of building on top of it (the floors from 100 up) that gravity is pulling down, you get a catastrophic collapse. That the building pancaked and fell more or less straight down is no surprise given the tube in a tube construction of the building.

WTC 2 was hit lower (around the 77-85th floors) and had more weight above the impact site, which is why it fell after only 56 minutes (WTC 1 took 102 minutes to fall).

^ Very well said.

Takes only about 5 minutes of exposure to 1000 degrees for unprotected steel to start losing its strength.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:11   #74
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
Might be worth it on second thought

I really can not think of anything I have ever read on any forum that is as ignorant as that post. Not sure I will anytime soon.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:22   #75
Shinytop

It is entirely possible that people disagree with the approach politicians take with waging war. But the military is deployed and follows the orders of the politicians elected by the people. None of the military joined with the intention of dying for political causes but for the defense of liberty. It is, indeed, unfortunate that defending liberty for all Americans includes those that that don't care if the defenders die.

Last edited by Shinytop; 10-03-2012 at 17:26..
Closed Thread