Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:38   #76
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
And everyone who says women should just learn to keep their legs together and this wouldnt happen, what say you about cases of rape? Should a woman, through no choice of her own, became pregnant be forced to have the baby? After all, if she had just not made the choices she did....

What do you say about abortion when the mother and baby are at risk of dying and the baby is not yet developed enough to survive (this does happen). We (as in humans) make choices all the time that other humans shouldnt live or being in society for the benefit of others. We execute these people, throw them in jail.
All of the above is why I said IN GENERAL. Those instances are miniscule in relation to the percentage of abortions for convenience. And for the record I am not pro-life, I do not believe it should be illegal.

I just believe it should be stigmatized as the sleazy, lazy, cheap way out that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
You need someone to explain... the logic?

Because it's her lady parts.

Next question...
Perfect. Since she holds sole decision making over her sooper speshul "lady parts", then she can take sole responsiblility for those decisions, NO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
Birth control can and does fail, I have a set of 7yr olds that were born in spite of the fact that the Mrs. took the pill like clockwork.
Again: IN GENERAL.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43   #77
Gareth68

Send a message via Yahoo to Gareth68

How many of you pro-lifers have adopted your very own little ghetto crackbaby?

Stand by your convictions.

Save a child.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49   #78
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth68 View Post
How many of you pro-lifers have adopted your very own little ghetto crackbaby?

Stand by your convictions.

Save a child.
Nationally there are actually waiting lists to adopt such children, waiting lists that can last for up to FIVE YEARS.

Why do you think celebrities and others with money go to Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa to adopt kids? It's because there are so many people ahead of them in line to adopt American babies (even special needs babies).

Last edited by tsmo1066; 10-03-2012 at 08:52..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00   #79
Gareth68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Nationally there are actually waiting lists to adopt such children, waiting lists that can last for up to FIVE YEARS.

Why do you think celebrities and others with money go to Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa to adopt kids? It's because there are so many people ahead of them in line to adopt American babies (even special needs babies).
So, I assume y'all are on the list then?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09   #80
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
What it comes down to is, as a society, we have decided that actions should not have consequences. This is fundamentally wrong. Anything you do - from buying a car to driving to work to having sex out of wedlock can have ramifications and consequences.
Thanks for being honest- so a child should exist as a punishment for having sex, a daily wage garnishment for a bad decision, and wanted by no one. That must be part of that "Christian Love" thing, right?

Quote:
If it is at 14 days, then most of the issues with rape go away since the "abortion pill" could be administered well before then.
Plan B is actually a very high dose of hormones, and works very similar to birth control. To call it an "abortion pill" makes you look stupid. (which is why you used quotes, I assume)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
Perfect. Since she holds sole decision making over her sooper speshul "lady parts", then she can take sole responsiblility for those decisions, NO?
Why do you hate women? Did your mother not love you?

Get therapy.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24   #81
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Thanks for being honest- so a child should exist as a punishment for having sex, a daily wage garnishment for a bad decision, and wanted by no one. That must be part of that "Christian Love" thing, right?
Holy crap you misunderstand.

If you have unprotected sex a child could result. That's they way it is. Just like if you drive a car you could get in a wreck and be seriously hurt. If you get in a wreck you may have months of rehab. If you get pregnant you may have to deal with a pregnancy for 9 months (at which time there is a long list of people waiting to adopt kids). The point I was making is that, as a society we have decided that, rather than take a look at the things that cause these issues (unprotected sex as an example) we decided to make "quick fixes" rather than look at our behavior.

Many consider a child a blessing instead of a "consequence" but I'm guessing you won't find many of those in the local abortion clinic.

For the record, I hold the men in these situations just as culpable as the women, for what it's worth.

Do I expect people to suddenly stop having sex out of wedlock? No, but they should take precautions and understand what could happen. I should not have to pay for the precautions and organizations that do not believe in these precautions (such as the Roman Catholic Church, which even as a Christian I dispise as an organization BTW) certainly should not be forced to pay for them.

And I have no idea what the "abortion pill" is called. That is the name I have heard it called, but that is why I put it in quotes. What it is called is irrelevant to me.

In the end though Mushinto is right - this is a dead issue. No change is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 10-03-2012 at 09:45..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26   #82
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Why do you hate women? Did your mother not love you?

Get therapy.
so being logical is hating women? you can't have it both ways, don't be a hypocrite.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32   #83
HexHead

Quote:
It would make it much easier to vote Republican if they would give women the freedom to do as they choose with their bodies.
It ceases to be "their bodies" as soon as another life form starts multiplying cells inside.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36   #84
HexHead

Where are the feminazis with Dems objectifying women's body parts like this? They should be outraged.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44   #85
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
It ceases to be "their bodies" as soon as another life form starts multiplying cells inside.
no, apparently it ceases to be "their body" as soon as it becomes inconvenient to argue it that way.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45   #86
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
I've been saying that for years.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45   #87
RenoF250

The whole "it is her lady parts so her decision" logic is ridiculous. The question is, is it a life or not. You can try to debate the subtleties pre-3rd trimester but babies have been born late 2nd and lived. THEY ARE VIABLE OUTSIDE THE WOMB AND THEREFORE A LIFE BY ANY NON MORONS DEFINITION. If you "abort" at that point or beyond you are a murderer of you own child plain and simple. I don't like to stand around and let you kill children so you can make your decision on your lady parts because you are too lazy/stupid to take proper care to prevent pregnancy. If birth control fails deal with it in the first 2 months!! If you cannot do that you are stuck carrying to term, deal with it.

Are you pro-choicers aware that there are women that purposely get pregnant to have an abortion "to empower themselves as a woman". We had to read an essay in college about a woman who first got pregnant at ~14 and then purposely ~4 more times because it empowered her. What a turd.

Last edited by RenoF250; 10-03-2012 at 09:46..
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56   #88
G36's Rule

The whole abortion issue is a sad card trick the liberals play that the morons latch on to like a baby on a tit.

How many Republican administrations have we had since Roe vs. Wade? How many times has abortion been banned nationally?

It is a non-issue used to spook the less than intelligent.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09   #89
Foxtrotx1

Well it is cheaper to pay for an abortion than to support a kid. Could save some tax dollars this way.

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10   #90
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
The whole abortion issue is a sad card trick the liberals play that the morons latch on to like a baby on a tit.

How many Republican administrations have we had since Roe vs. Wade? How many times has abortion been banned nationally?

It is a non-issue used to spook the less than intelligent.
Then why do republicans get so their panties up in a wad and make it a fore front issue in almost every election?

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24   #91
G36's Rule

They don't. And I would bet that most of the Republican candidates wish the very vocal minority would STFU about it.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:28   #92
RenoF250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1 View Post
Well it is cheaper to pay for an abortion than to support a kid. Could save some tax dollars this way.
Yes, it would be cheaper to kill all unemployed/welfare/handicapped as well. Shall we do that?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:29   #93
RenoF250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1 View Post
Then why do republicans get so their panties up in a wad and make it a fore front issue in almost every election?
Please give us an example where a R brought up abortion and made it an issue. I have only seen them respond to abortion questions in debates and most tiptoe around that. Ron Paul is the exception and has made it an issue.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:35   #94
Gareth68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
Yes, it would be cheaper to kill all unemployed/welfare/handicapped as well. Shall we do that?
Lets star with welfare, and see how it goes.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:04   #95
KalashniKEV

Quote:
If you have unprotected sex a child could result. That's they way it is. Just like if you drive a car you could get in a wreck and be seriously hurt.
OK... but if you could end crippling car accidents for a relatively small sum of money, wouldn't you want as many car accident victims to have access to that as possible?

Or would it give you pleasure to see their ruined, maimed, and twisted bodies- so long as you don't ever become one?

Quote:
Another reason why it's GOOD to be a male- you never lose the right to your own body!

(you were just joking, right?)
Old 10-03-2012, 11:08   #96
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
OK... but if you could end crippling car accidents for a relatively small sum of money, wouldn't you want as many car accident victims to have access to that as possible?

Or would it give you pleasure to see their ruined, maimed, and twisted bodies- so long as you don't ever become one?

Nicely played straw man!!!

That actually plays into my argument. Prevent the unwanted pregnancy. Don't do the "cheap fix" later that is morally questionable (at best).

Quote:

Last edited by SC Tiger; 10-03-2012 at 11:13..
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18   #97
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Actually, America as a whole has been swinging to the "Pro-life" side of the issue over the past few years and a majority of Americans now identify themselves as "pro-life" - this includes a majority of WOMEN who now identify as "pro-life" as well.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/Mo...irst-Time.aspx
If you read the article that you linked to you will see that your characterization of "America as a whole" is false -- Republicans (and those leaning Republican) have become more pro-life.

The source of the shift in abortion views is clear in the Gallup Values and Beliefs survey. The percentage of Republicans (including independents who lean Republican) calling themselves "pro-life" rose by 10 points over the past year, from 60% to 70%, while there has been essentially no change in the views of Democrats and Democratic leaners.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25   #98
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Nicely played straw man!!!

That actually plays into my argument. Prevent the unwanted pregnancy. Don't do the "cheap fix" later that is morally questionable (at best).
Your argument is rather poorly thought out.

So long as cars are on the road, there are going to be accidents.

So long as people have genitals, they are going to have sex.

I'm talking about the remedy for adverse consequences.

You sound like you'd be a proponent of FGM...
Old 10-03-2012, 11:31   #99
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I am not anti-abortion. I think there are too many people in the world already.

However, as a man, I vehemently oppose to the idea that a woman can do whatever they want with the fetus/embryo/kid/ without the father's involvement.

"It's my body and I can kill the pregnancy off if I want to" OK, fine. But then when you want to keep it, don't expect me to pay for child support either because I have no say-so either way.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49   #100
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Your argument is rather poorly thought out.

So long as cars are on the road, there are going to be accidents.

So long as people have genitals, they are going to have sex.

I'm talking about the remedy for adverse consequences.

You sound like you'd be a proponent of FGM...
They could choose to use a condom (or use some type of other BC), just like smart drivers use a seatbelt. After all, if you KNOW there could be adverse consequences, how stupid do you have to be to NOT try and avoid them?