Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2012, 13:32   #1
SHOOTER629
CLM Number HBK
Let's Roll !

USBP Shooting

Prayers and condolences to the families of the two U.S. Border Patrol agents that were shot, one fatally, this morning an area in south Arizona known as a major drug-smuggling corridor. The shooting occurred near the Brian Terry Station near Naco, AZ, just south of Tucson.

RIP Brother.
Niner's 629
Cert Glock,Sig,H&K,Colt Armorer
Instructor,Basic / Advance / tactical / Dominate shooting skills
SHOOTER629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 13:36   #2
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 13:43   #3
blk69stang

I just got back on the ground, having been in one of the helos that was searching the area for the shooters. Story is that three agents were responding to a siesmic sensor in an area notorious for dope smuggling when they were ambushed by at least three shooters. Two agents were shot, one fatally.

The wounded agent is in stable condition in Tucson, and is expected to recover.

The deceased agent is survived by a wife and two young daughters.

The third agent was unharmed and was "a good witness".

Thoughts and prayers for the family are appreciated. I will try to check back in with "the real story" as it becomes available.

Last edited by blk69stang; 10-05-2012 at 16:40..
blk69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 22:11   #4
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk69stang View Post
I just got back on the ground, having been in one of the helos that was searching the area for the shooters. Story is that three agents were responding to a siesmic sensor in an area notorious for dope smuggling when they were ambushed by at least three shooters. Two agents were shot, one fatally. Looks like the bad guys made it back south, but Mexican officials (with U.S. "eye in the sky" assistance) were able to apprehend two subjects who were in the area, and may have been involved. Also recoverd near the subjects apprehended was an item that we hope will tie them to the crime scene. Still searching the area where they were app'd for another "item" they were observed to have dropped when authorities approached. There is at least one more badguy still at large, presumed to have also made it back to Mexico.

The wounded agent is in stable condition in Tucson, and is expected to recover.

The deceased agent is survived by a wife and two young daughters.

The third agent (unharmed) reported seeing a handgun, and possibly heard shots from a long gun.

Thoughts and prayers for the family are appreciated. I will try to check back in with "the real story" as it becomes available.
Yeah, the real story never comes out in the news. Especially, if the Mexican Military is involved. My sincere condolences on your lost brother. Once green, always green. My prayers are with the widow and children. Stay safe out there, brother.
Old 10-02-2012, 22:26   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Crying shame when someone gets killed or hurt on "Garbage Detail".

Get well, RIP.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 23:01   #6
blk69stang

No updates so far, other than is it stongly believed that the two in custody in MX are involved.

Last edited by blk69stang; 10-05-2012 at 16:42..
Old 10-02-2012, 23:23   #7
Anthonysmilsurp

there is no reason why border crossers of any type should not be met with extreme prejudice by US Agents. This is getting ridiculous. Rest in peace brother, and best wishes for the wounded agent.
Anthonysmilsurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 23:28   #8
ditchdoc24

Prayers sent for both Officers, their families and their co-workers from Georgia.
ditchdoc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:53   #9
blk69stang

Arrests have been made on the U.S. side now too. Don't believe the media hype and misinformation.

Please keep the Ivie family in your prayers, but also pray for the FBI agents who are the lead investigators, that they are able to swiftly and accurately investigate this case so that those responsible are brought to justice.

Last edited by blk69stang; 10-05-2012 at 16:42..
Old 10-03-2012, 15:16   #10
PinkoCommie
Unusual Member

Terrible.
This wasn't me... --DaBigBR
I was hauling a large quotient of ass. --Cochese
PinkoCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 15:19   #11
lndshark

stang: be safe out there, and thanks for what you do.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:42   #12
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent

Watch your ass, Stang.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 13:45   #13
Ajon412

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post

Watch your ass, Stang.
I'll second this...To you and all the others involved......Keep your head down, brother.....
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 16:18   #14
blk69stang

Fox news is currently reporting that no arrests have been made on either side of the border. BS. I know for a fact this is not true.

I am reading the media reports, and they have the story so wrong, it is not even funny. It saddens me to hear them saying baldfaced lies, when I KNOW their headlines are utter fabrication.

The media reports of "friendly fire" are stemming from a press conference where a reporter asked if they could rule out friendly fire. The FBI agent answered that since the investigation was ongoing, they couldn't rule out anything. Of course this reporter assumed that meant that it WAS friendly fire, and ran with that notion.

Personally, I'm not ruling out anything either (including friendly fire), but I can say for certain that there was an armed encounter between agents and bad guys that sparked the entire event.

Last edited by blk69stang; 10-05-2012 at 16:44..
Old 10-05-2012, 16:46   #15
blk69stang

Can't say much other than if the media says something, believe the opposite.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:00   #16
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

They are really pushing friendly fire.

Total BS?

I hope so. Damn...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-06-2012, 12:32   #17
Vigilant

I suspect certain people are doing anything they can to keep the sheeple from thinking about another possibility: Fast & Furious strikes again.
Old 10-06-2012, 13:28   #18
blk69stang

Well, the official word is out: It WAS friendly fire. The only question now is what sparked it. I'm wondering if the bad guys shot first, and then the agents involved started firing at muzzle flashes, and eventually each other's muzzle flashes.

Media is making it sound like the agents ran up on each other and started capping off rounds. They're saying nothing about the badguys involved. Damn vultures.

I can't help but feel connected to this: one of the surviving agents was my trainee. I keep thinking to myself that maybe there was something I could have done better in training that may have helped prevent this. I know that realisically there's nothing I could have done differently, but it still nags at me.
Old 10-06-2012, 13:57   #19
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Well, the official word is out: It WAS friendly fire. The only question now is what sparked it. I'm wondering if the bad guys shot first, and then the agents involved started firing at muzzle flashes, and eventually each other's muzzle flashes.

Media is making it sound like the agents ran up on each other and started capping off rounds. They're saying nothing about the badguys involved. Damn vultures.

I can't help but feel connected to this: one of the surviving agents was my trainee. I keep thinking to myself that maybe there was something I could have done better in training that may have helped prevent this. I know that realisically there's nothing I could have done differently, but it still nags at me.
Fast and Furious can't raise it's head again, right? It isn't your fault. You can't think that way. I've had trainees too. You aren't responsible for them when they become journeymen. You'll drive yourself crazy.

Last edited by Kingarthurhk; 10-06-2012 at 13:58..
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 15:47   #20
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:

There's always lessons to be learned after the fact, but that does NOT mean anyone should have seen it coming and figured those lessons out ahead of time.

You can't foresee every possible scenario. You're trying to do an impossible job perfectly.

RIP

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 10-06-2012 at 15:48..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote