Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-07-2014, 17:42   #1
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
UPGRADE! Moving my reloading operations INSIDE! (the high life)

Here is my "canvas" .....

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ni...ading%20closet

I have a Lee reloading stand that should arrive in a few days to mount my press to and will be moving my existing reloading bench to the same room for supplies and organization...

It may not be the best or biggest reloading room in the Midwest .... but it's MINE!

More to follow as things develop......
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 19:19   #2
Taterhead
Counting Beans

That should serve you nicely.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 20:00   #3
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Looks like it can work to serve your needs...Just take precautions in case of a water leak, place primers in plastic bags. Anything else that could get get soaked should a water line fail in that area...
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 20:10   #4
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Looks like it can work to serve your needs...Just take precautions in case of a water leak, place primers in plastic bags. Anything else that could get get soaked should a water line fail in that area...
Yep - and everything will be sealed and put away when not directly being used at that moment .... And my reloading stand will enable me to "temporarily" be moved anywhere in the house at a moments notice. I'll make sure and take pics of my setup next weekend or when it's done.

ANYTHING beats outside in the heat or cold. Climate control is a WIN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
Old 09-07-2014, 20:23   #5
Kwesi

Congrats. I'm waiting for the temperatures to drop here in TX so I can get back on the press. I try and load all I'll need during the fall and winter.
Kwesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 20:24   #6
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwesi View Post
Congrats. I'm waiting for the temperatures to drop here in TX so I can get back on the press. I try and load all I'll need during the fall and winter.
Right, exactly what I mean. And I never EVER wanna live that way again. To do so would prevent a full and happy life.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
Old 09-07-2014, 20:43   #7
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Good deal, I still work on a homemade folding table double 3/4 ply with a wood trim border, formica top 26"x49" have 4 presses mounted. RCBS Big Max, RCBS Jr, Sizer lubricator and LEE 12 ga loader with the Uniflow and dillon powder drops in the middle on a raised stand. When I first started, I had a 24"x30" folding table single 3/4" ply but sizing rifle rounds with the RCBS Jr was rough, not enough compound leverage so it really flexed the plywood back then. I used to take it to the fire station and a wooden box for all the dies, powder, primers books and tools...So yes you don't have to have a big bench to do the work! Good luck!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 21:26   #8
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Good deal, I still work on a homemade folding table double 3/4 ply with a wood trim border, formica top 26"x49" have 4 presses mounted. RCBS Big Max, RCBS Jr, Sizer lubricator and LEE 12 ga loader with the Uniflow and dillon powder drops in the middle on a raised stand. When I first started, I had a 24"x30" folding table single 3/4" ply but sizing rifle rounds with the RCBS Jr was rough, not enough compound leverage so it really flexed the plywood back then. I used to take it to the fire station and a wooden box for all the dies, powder, primers books and tools...So yes you don't have to have a big bench to do the work! Good luck!
Yep ...

I've worked in three different houses, each with a different setup for loading. Relatively speaking, the first house was no good, dingy, dark and damp. The second house was really nice, although it was a below-house garage that was CLOSE to being climate controlled ... but not really. It was no good to work on during extreme weather days in winter... which is a time I like to work. This house I live in NOW is much nicer all around, but no place to work without "messing up" the look of one of the bedrooms (according to the wife, lol), working in the garage (which I'm doing now with a homemade bench / table), or under the stairs, which I'm about to implement.

Excited to be able to work IN the house... will be nice ALL YEAR ROUND to load.

Here are a few pics of what the stand will look like .... more pics when my whole room is done....

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ni...20-%20internet

Keep in mind I'll also have my big loading table to keep things on - right NEXT to the loading stand. The table is the one I currently have my press mounted to.

It will be good!

Why do I carry a 10mm?

Last edited by nickE10mm; 09-07-2014 at 21:29..