GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:45   #1
RiverRatMatt

Prone Shooting Technique - Shoulder Weld?

I took my Swiss K31 out the other day to practice a bit. I decided to shoot it some from the prone position, which I've never really done before. I tucked the rifle's stock into my shoulder, tight in toward my neck and end up shooting about ten rounds from this position.

The problem I encountered was the pain - the way I had the stock placed put the butt right on my clavicle with nothing else to support or absorb recoil. This can't be right, because heavier calibres would routinely be breaking clavicles. The gun's recoil isn't even uncomfortable when fired from a standing or crouching position.

So, what am I doing wrong? Should I have the butt resting on my deltoid instead?
RiverRatMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 23:31   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

I typically use the shoulder pocket defined by the muscle just under the collar bone and the shoulder muscle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote