Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 20:55   #1
viper144
Senior Member
 
viper144's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Alabama Holsters

Just to let everyone know......
I have several Alabama Holsters and have recommmended them to several people and up until lately haven't had a problem. I feel they are one of the finest made. How ever recenty there service is terrible. Sure, they say on their web page they are hiring more people and such, but don't take my money till the product is made. I ordered one on October 8 of last year (2012), it is now almost 90 days and I haven't received the holster yet. They charged my credit card back in November. If I ever get this holster it will be the last I ever order from them. I realize they may be a little behind......but don't set on my money for over 60 days. I have given my business now to rdrholsters. Check them out. Fantastic company, fast service and they make a superior product . Maybe Alabama Holsters ought to be making holsters rather sponsering shooting teams.
__________________
Certified Glock Armorer
KK #144
"Not all you Wonder are Lost"
"You're never Lost if you don't care where you are"

Last edited by viper144; 01-02-2013 at 21:03..
viper144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27   #2
ca survivor
Senior Member
 
ca survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,798
I agree, is not right to charge the credit card until product is in the mail.

Last edited by ca survivor; 01-03-2013 at 06:27..
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:28   #3
markerbeacon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper144 View Post
Just to let everyone know......
I have several Alabama Holsters and have recommmended them to several people and up until lately haven't had a problem. I feel they are one of the finest made. How ever recenty there service is terrible. Sure, they say on their web page they are hiring more people and such, but don't take my money till the product is made. I ordered one on October 8 of last year (2012), it is now almost 90 days and I haven't received the holster yet. They charged my credit card back in November. If I ever get this holster it will be the last I ever order from them. I realize they may be a little behind......but don't set on my money for over 60 days. I have given my business now to rdrholsters. Check them out. Fantastic company, fast service and they make a superior product . Maybe Alabama Holsters ought to be making holsters rather sponsering shooting teams.
Mine took 12 weeks, Sucks.
markerbeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01   #4
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by markerbeacon View Post
Mine took 12 weeks, Sucks.
Three months is way too long!!
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34   #5
6StringGeek
full-time n00b
 
6StringGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 366
I think it's tough for small biz when they get slammed with orders and don't have the infrastructure to support it. One idea I have seen is a company will only take as many orders as they can handle for the day/week and then shut down their order page.

But that sometimes pisses people off because they can't seem to get an order placed and go somewhere else. It's a fine line. Not defending the long wait times...I waited for 8 weeks for a holster from a different company, and was far from happy about it...but I understand.
__________________


Last edited by 6StringGeek; 01-04-2013 at 10:54.. Reason: words
6StringGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54   #6
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6StringGeek View Post
I think it's tough for small biz when they get slammed with orders and don't have the infrastructure to support it. One idea I have seen is a company will only take as many orders as they can handle for the day/week and then shut down their order page.

But that sometimes pisses people off because they can't seem to get an order placed and go somewhere else. It's a fine line. Not defending the long wait times...I waited for 8 weeks for a holster from a different company, and was far from happy about it...but I understand.
Maybe such new companies should build up large stock of such good holsters and then advertise.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 15:44   #7
BamaTrooper
Almost Done
 
BamaTrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: football heaven
Posts: 11,792
Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper144 View Post
... Maybe Alabama Holsters ought to be making holsters rather sponsering shooting teams.
Mutually exclusive events.

The "sponsorship" is a t shirt and a thank you and has no bearing on their holster production.
__________________
"Some people learn by words, some people learn by consequences, some people can't learn." CNS
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59   #8
itotorica
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 127
Same here waited more that 3 months for mine.Thats too much for a kydex holster
itotorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:52   #9
viper144
Senior Member
 
viper144's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
Mutually exclusive events.

The "sponsorship" is a t shirt and a thank you and has no bearing on their holster production.

I didn't mean that they where out sponsoring and not building holsters.
What I meant to imply, was that if you are going to have that type of exposer and advertising, you may ought to be prepared for the demand.
I am a small business owner myself....if I can't take care of my customers in a orderly and timely matter...I loose customers, just as they may do.
__________________
Certified Glock Armorer
KK #144
"Not all you Wonder are Lost"
"You're never Lost if you don't care where you are"
viper144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29   #10
CertifiedGunNut
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23
Omg!

OMG! A custom holster maker that is behind with the huge boom in CCW. Say it ain't so.....
CertifiedGunNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36   #11
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 15,350
Mine took 3 months+ and that was like two years ago so this is nothing new. Great holster though, if you can wait.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 01-05-2013 at 12:36..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:01   #12
FireForged
Millenium #3936
 
FireForged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Rebel South
Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Three months is way too long!!
My Milt Sparks took 6 months.
__________________
"I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:34.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 736
150 Members
586 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31