GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 16:25   #61
dkf
Senior Member
 
dkf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberev View Post
Do I need to worry about damage to my barrel as a result of having shot this substandard ammo?

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
No. The bullets were just undersize and the barrel would not stabilize them properly causing the bullet to tumble.

Last edited by dkf; 11-02-2012 at 16:26..
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24   #62
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
No. The bullets were just undersize and the barrel would not stabilize them properly causing the bullet to tumble.
Yes indeed - a full millimeter undersized . Oops my mistake, It isn't a full millimeter.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 11-14-2012 at 08:37..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48   #63
Beretta92guy
Senior Member
 
Beretta92guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,646
DoubleCRAP ammo lost my business years ago.....their over-stated velocities are one thing, and now this is another......

i've been using underwood ammo with great results......what it says on the box is exactly what it is
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:09   #64
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
DoubleCRAP ammo lost my business years ago.....their over-stated velocities are one thing, and now this is another......

i've been using underwood ammo with great results......what it says on the box is exactly what it is
I am planning on getting some Underwood ammo one day soon. I hope that it is OK.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:37   #65
dkf
Senior Member
 
dkf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Yes indeed - a full millimeter undersized .
No .002" undersized in my case and .003" undersize for the OP.

1mm = .039"

To put it in laymens terms .002" - .003" is around what a human hair measures in diameter. That may seem small but it can make a REAL big difference.

Last edited by dkf; 11-03-2012 at 15:37..
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 14:07   #66
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
No .002" undersized in my case and .003" undersize for the OP.

1mm = .039"

To put it in laymens terms .002" - .003" is around what a human hair measures in diameter. That may seem small but it can make a REAL big difference.
My mistake - sorry!
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:50   #67
roberev
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
I talked with a Winchester Ammo representative today. It seems that I am the first to put this problem on their radar screen. If any of you experience keyholing with the WWB .357 sig round, I encourage you to give them a call. I can give you the direct phone number if you PM me.

Sadly, I shot off all my ammo, so I don't have any rounds to send back to them for inspection.

Rob
roberev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:42   #68
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 30,548
Problems? With Double Tap? Noooo, I won't believe it!

Not sure why they are so popular.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:58   #69
dkf
Senior Member
 
dkf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberev View Post
I talked with a Winchester Ammo representative today. It seems that I am the first to put this problem on their radar screen. If any of you experience keyholing with the WWB .357 sig round, I encourage you to give them a call. I can give you the direct phone number if you PM me.

Sadly, I shot off all my ammo, so I don't have any rounds to send back to them for inspection.

Rob
They don't want to list the number to call them or e-mail so I said the hell with it. Will not buy any of their ammo anymore either. I have pics of both undersized bullets with the mic on it for measurement and photos of a crushed round. Two boxes bought about a year apart both with major flaws.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36   #70
roberev
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
They don't want to list the number to call them or e-mail so I said the hell with it. Will not buy any of their ammo anymore either. I have pics of both undersized bullets with the mic on it for measurement and photos of a crushed round. Two boxes bought about a year apart both with major flaws.
I got their telephone number off of the Internet. When I called, they gave me a direct line for when I want to call back.

If you send me your photos by PM I will forward them to Winchester. They were asking for such information to help them investigate the matter.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
roberev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39   #71
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberev View Post
I talked with a Winchester Ammo representative today. It seems that I am the first to put this problem on their radar screen. If any of you experience keyholing with the WWB .357 sig round, I encourage you to give them a call. I can give you the direct phone number if you PM me.

Sadly, I shot off all my ammo, so I don't have any rounds to send back to them for inspection.

Rob
I wonder if these folks ever test their own ammo?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:24.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,364
403 Members
961 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31