The Okie Corral
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:55   #127
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
walk away , then wait a few years and flood his house . i always wait to get pay back . a dude caused me some trouble years bac k and i waited patiently 10 years to dish it back .
Mail is known for spontaneous combustion.

Sticking the hose through the mail slot is just a safety precaution. Especially at 0300 when fires are most dangerous.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:03   #128
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

The Okie Corral
Old 10-02-2012, 02:48   #129
G23Gen4TX

The Okie Corral

Last edited by G23Gen4TX; 10-02-2012 at 02:49..
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:54   #130
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

1. Borrow a fire hydrant hose and fire hydrant wrench from the city I retired from.
2. Turn on the water cannon.
3. Watch neighbor scream like a girl.

That said, none of my neighbors have the fortitude to spray me. They all think I'm some sort of gang member because I'm a 3 piece patch motorcycle club member. Neighbors come to me when they need help. In return, they watch my place when I travel. Great little gig we have going.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:21   #131
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The Okie Corral
Good one TBO.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33   #132
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
I would say that shutting the dog up will probably solve your brother's problems with his neighbour.
Bingo.

I had a neighbor whose dog barked constantly, and lunged at the fence anytime I was in my own backyard. I asked the neighbor to do something about the dog, like put it in the house - at least after 9.00p. The neighbor's reply - "dogs are supposed to bark - he lets me know if some body is in the yard". I explained that if it barks nearly constantly - you don't know if someone is in your yard or not. He mumbled something and said "I still ain't gonna do nuthin bout my dog".

Several calls to the police when the dog was barking after 10.00p finally resulted in some quiet some of the time.

I moved - now my neighbor has roosters.
Old 10-02-2012, 15:03   #133
Nine Shooter
Average Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza187 View Post
I apologize in advance...

Open carry of a squirt gun would have prevented this.
Fixed!
Nine Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 16:18   #134
Thumpernator

This is what the OP's brother needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8x8iKIGulw
Thumpernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 18:32   #135
Glockworks
Ready/Aim/Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid noob View Post
So my brother has a dog that barks his head off. The neighbor was outside and started barking back at the dog, out of frustration, apparently. The neighbor then starts cussing at the dog and spraying it with a garden hose. My brother walks out and asks the guy to stop cursing, as there are kids close by. The neighbor then proceeds to spray him with the hose lol. He simply walked away, letting cooler heads prevail.

I don't know what I would've done, but it would be really tough to just walk away. This is the kind of thing that will escalate to a bad situation quickly. I think I would have called the cops, even though it was harmless water, to document it. It would definitely be a tough pill to swallow, letting the neighbor get away with that. I understand a barking dog can be very annoying, but spraying someone with water can bring unecessary consequences.

Would you have just walked away, called the cops, or just beat his arse? My brother doesn't carry a gun, so that's not an issue with this situation. I understand if he had a CHL, then leaving the situation is the only way to go.
Your brother has the barking dog. Tell him to shut the stupid animal up! He was wise to not further the confrontation, but had he done his duty and either brought the dog inside or shut it up, this would not have happened. Your brother's fault, 100%.

Last edited by Glockworks; 10-02-2012 at 18:33..
Glockworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 22:20   #136
TurtleBoy617
OoRah!

in MI we'd consider that spraying of water onto him as an assault if you wanted to pursue it
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48   #137
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

The Okie Corral
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51   #138
PAGunner

Quote:
I would say that shutting the dog up will probably solve your brother's problems with his neighbour.
This, or just send dog to Guantanamo, terrorist will talk after hearing barking all day and night, it would drive anyone insane!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30   #139
Drain You
NRA member

Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:02   #140
Eric2340
Infidel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
My Ex brought my Son back on Sunday afternoon with a diaper so full the it was falling off of him.
I was working in the yard and digging some post holes when She pulled in the drive. I had the hose in my hand as I was using the water to soften the dirt I was digging.
As I carried the hose back with me to turn it off I saw my Son, my Ex and this giant nasty diaper. I took my Son from her and the diaper literally fell off of him and hit the driveway.
I am disappointed I had so little self control, but I sprayed her with the hose all the way back to the car and out the driveway.
Later when the Depuity showed up, he actually thought it was pretty damned funny.

While as a fellow member of the "crazy ex-wive/*****ty mother club" I do NOT encourage anyone to do what you did, but you sir DO have my respect for doing so.

Trust me, I'd love to hose mine down too, I just would hate to live with the fallout (and I'm not talking legal either).
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58   #141
n0leafcl0ver

i certainly cant stand a barking dog either, but without a doubt it would have taken a small army to keep me from stomping a mudhole in this guy and walking it dry. show some respect..thats almost as bad as spitting in someones face. that dog barking would have definatly been the least of his worries after that stunt.
n0leafcl0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:01   #142
PNWguntalk

Go in your garage and come out with a supersoaker
Old 10-06-2012, 13:37   #143
blk69stang

Your brother has a dog that "barks his head off", your brother knows this, and your brother failed to fix a problem that is a nuisance to the neighborhood. Sounds like your brother is a real jerk who deserved to get sprayed with the hose.

Tell your brother to smarten the heck up and fix the darn noise problem that HE is responsible for. Some people have to work, and others have to work nights. You ever tried to sleep during the day while the neighbor knowingly allows his dog to bark incessantly, knowing you have to go in for the midnight shift in a few hours? It SUCKS.

Whether he knows it or not, your brother (because of his dog's nuisance barking) is "That Guy" for his neighborhood. He's the guy that everybody secertly hates, because he's responsible for a problem that affects everyone around him, and he's doing nothing about it. Chances are, he's probably in violation of some noise ordnance, and his neighbors have simply been nice enough to let it slide.

He was good to not react. He deserved it, and he knew it.
blk69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:43   #144
gator378
Gator378

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
Don't get too carried away, or you'll get the brunt of his noise complaint against the dog.

When my barkamatic starts her barking she comes in. She has learned that barking ends privileges. I just do not permit her barking for too long or she comes in.
Old 10-06-2012, 19:55   #145
happy seal

Quote:

+1

"Off to the Salt Mine, My Friend"
happy seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 21:09   #146
PalmettoShooter

I would recommend keeping the dog inside so it won't bark, and then after a week or two talking to the neighbor and letting him know that the dog will stay inside to prevent any inconvenience on his part. I would also tell him that I did not appreciate being sprayed by the hose, and that in future dealings I would appreciate a phone call if there were any issues. That's what I would recommend.

That being said, if he sprayed my dog with a hose I'd kill him a few months later and dump his body in a vat of lye and dissolve his ass. Where did he go? No one knows. "He was always a weird neighbor, muttering about just packing up and leaving."
I'm not a violent guy, but I really like my dog. He's just hanging out doing dog stuff not causing nobody any harm. Don't mess with a man's dog.
PalmettoShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 21:19   #147
CitizenOfDreams

Spray and neuter.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 23:58   #148
Ballisticism
Spray & Pray

If my neighbor sprayed me with a hose, I'd stop, pause about a second, turn to face him, and stare him down while slowly advancing, terminator-style, into the hose blast, no matter what - even if he started spraying me in the face. Freak him out good.
Ballisticism is offline   Reply With Quote