SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2012, 20:29   #76
Droid noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I'm just thinking of how quickly the childishness can escalate here making the living situation for both families intolerable or dangerous.

The only appropriate response I can think of would be for the both of them to head out in the yard in speedos and let some gay hose fight settle it. Play "Wake me up before you go-go" on the hi fi for extra points.
Lol. Speedos

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Droid noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 20:34   #77
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If he doesn't burn his neighbor's house down, he is a failure as a man.

In terms of size, how does your bro and the neighbor match up? Is there an age disparity? If the neighbor is half his size and/or twice his age, there is no honor in getting physical.
What I thought!

Hell I'd be a bigger ass and have him arrested for assault. Push it hard enough and they have to take him for the ride and you get the satisfaction that you one upped he and he no mess with you no more.

Dogs bark. If you got a problem with it call the authorities.........and the vicious cycle goes on.
Old 09-30-2012, 20:35   #78
NateHodge
Here too much

A constantly barking dog ranks 2nd on my list of most annoying things about neighbors. 1st is neighbors who let their dogs bark without rectifying the issue. My neighbor has a pair of dogs that would come over and bark at me relentlessly. They aren't aggressive by no means, but they are on my property and barking at me none the less. I don't care that the dogs are on my property, I have 20 acres, half wooded, but I was fed up with them following me around barking. SO I started shooting toward them whenever they would bark. I would never actually shoot a dog unless it was being aggressive, remind you.

Funny how he could hear his barking dogs and never bothered to call them home until he heard gunshots and his mutts quit barking.

My point? Tell your brother to get a handle on his damn dog. The neighbor may have reacted out of line, but your brother had no right to get mad at the neighbor when it was his dog causing the issue. In fact, he is to blame.
NateHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 20:50   #79
Climbhard

Im a dog guy. That said I would have laughed my *** off at my brother and bought him a no bark collar for his dog.
Old 09-30-2012, 21:07   #80
UtahIrishman
BLR

My wife is a kind gentle soul, loves animals, but the barking dogs next door drive her up the wall, to the point she's barking back at them and eyeballing my BLR.

Those two dogs never shut up. The least little thing will set them off. I sneezed with the kitchen window open and they started barking.

The people that own these dogs are hardly around anymore. They're in some serious trouble so various neighbors and relatives are taking care of the place so there's really no one around to complain directly too.

I actually feel sorry for the dogs. They are by themselves most of the time and have very little space. But they are totally out of control

I have a feeling there's a water hose in these dogs future.

As far as the OP goes, your brother needs to get his dogs under control period. There is no reason for a dog to be barking constantly.

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 21:11   #81
Benton

Your brother needs to show some considerartion for his neighbors!
Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 21:16   #82
Droid noob

It's amazing how people post in a thread without reading the whole thing.

Old 09-30-2012, 21:25   #83
Benton

You don't seem to get it! You keep sticking up for a brother that has no consideration for his neighbors! I can only guess that this will escalate between your inconsiderate brother and your neighbor. Noise tends to irritate people. Irritation can lead to violence. I share the same opinion of your brother as most on this forum.
Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 21:28   #84
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid noob View Post
The dog isn't outside much at all as far as I know. The important issue is can hosing someone be worthy of a citation? I know a noise complaint could be issued for the dog. There are probably a bunch of situations like these that have gotten much worse by handling it themselves.

I meant that it's been going on for a while. The dog issue.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 21:32   #85
UtahIrishman
BLR

Quote:
It's amazing how people post in a thread without reading the whole thing.

I read the whole thing. The fact that your brother got hosed down is insignificant compared to his lack of consideration for others.

----

Last edited by UtahIrishman; 09-30-2012 at 21:33..
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 22:55   #86
nursetim

Walking away was the right thing to do because it was tough to do. On a side note. I have gotten into more physical altercations over water than anything else. Amazing, I don't care if I get wet, but there are an overwhelming majority that care very much. Mind you the altercations were pre smart phone/PDA.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46   #87
DanaT
Pharaoh

What really surprises me is how many people know the OPs brother. I didn't realize he has moved so much and lived next to so many of us.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11   #88
Droid noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
What really surprises me is how many people know the OPs brother. I didn't realize he has moved so much and lived next to so many of us.

And the assumptions that he is the typical dog owner that leaves his dog chained outside all day barking its head off. I can see its a touchy subject. However, I was more concerned about the interaction between the two legged animals who own the properties.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:19   #89
Pawcatch@aol.co

I think your brother did the right thing.I'm a dog owner,but both of mine are inside dogs.
That said,if somebody did that to me I would have probably broke out my KY.
Pawcatch@aol.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:31   #90
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
And the assumptions that he is the typical dog owner that leaves his dog chained outside all day barking its head off. I can see its a touchy subject. However, I was more concerned about the interaction between the two legged animals who own the properties.

What you are not seeing is that part of the interaction between the two legged animals is that one of the two allowed his 4 legged animal to start an issue between the two two legged animals. Inaction by one of the two legged animals got the other two legged animal annoyed. Then when the second two legged animal started to annoy the first two legged animal, the first two legged animal got annoyed and then said something back escalating the situation resulting in a hosing.

This is just a stupid to try and justify as a man cheating on his wife because he was drunk and didn't know what he doing. Yes, his inhibitions were down because of alcohol BUT the fact remains if that is the reason, he could have prevented the situation much earlier in the chain of events by not drinking.

Your brother had two chances in the chain of events to stop this. The first was the barking dog. The second was going off about the children. The neighbor also had two chances to stop the chain of events. Once when barking/cussing and once with the hose.

Having lived by barking dogs, I seriously doubt (like I expect monkeys to fly out my butt before I believe) that the barking dog issue is a one time event. I suspect the dog is out a lot more than you lead on and barks a lot more. This isn't the type of behavior that would be for a few barks the first time. It has been going on a while and it is likely very annoying.

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:35   #91
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawcatch@aol.co View Post
That said,if somebody did that to me I would have probably broke out my KY.

that is a very strange reaction?

Would you intend to lube him up or you up? I really don't know why this situation would result in you wanting to use a personal lubricant on either of you, but I guess you are just saying you are more of lover than a fighter?

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:52   #92
Pawcatch@aol.co

[QUOTE=DanaT;19473380]that is a very strange reaction?

Would you intend to lube him up or you up? I really don't know why this situation would result in you wanting to use a personal lubricant on either of you, but I guess you are just saying you are more of lover than a fighter?

The hose needs the lube.
Pawcatch@aol.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54   #93
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Neighbor screwed up.

There are discreet ways to silence a barking dog. But once you complain in any way you become a suspect once the dog no longer barks.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 10-01-2012 at 05:55..
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:01   #94
byf43
NRA Life Member

1. Calm the situation, by getting the dog to stop barking.
2. Get shampoo for dog, scrub. Ask neighbor to rinse.
3. Calmly talk w/ neighbor and let him know that dog and neighbor need to be less agitated. (Neighbor MIGHT have agitated dog, to begin with!)
3. If none of the above work, inform my wife what has transpired. She'll get her rubber hose and go 'beat down' the sphincter muscle that messed with her dog!!!
(Never, ever, get a menopausal woman upset!!!! Especially if she has a rubber hose, filled with sand!!)

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:02   #95
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Constantly barking dogs sometimes get locked up and euthanized at the dog pound.

That dog better learn to shut his yap.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:04   #96
byf43
NRA Life Member

All kidding aside. . . . have your brother 'watch out' for the neighbor.

There have been cases (around here!), where dogs have been poisoned, due to 'stuff' being tossed over a fence, and the dog ate it, then died.

The neighborhood punks, that like to break-into houses, do this, quite often.

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:08   #97
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimfireMan View Post
Heck, if my neighbor did sprayed me with a hose, I would go inside, and put on a swimsuit. Then, I would go back outside and taunt my neighbor until he started spraying me again. I would keep taunting him while running around the yard. Hey, if my neighbor wants to water my grass, Ill let him!
LOL...now that's making lemonade out a bunch of lemons!
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40   #98
BigMoneyGrip

Not sure what I would have done. I know how the guy feels about a barking dog. My neighbor has a stupid dog that barks constantly. In my opinion, the dog's behavior reflects the owner's behavior. Thank God, they live on the other side of the pasture which is about 250 yards away. Still, you can't go out and enjoy a quiet evening because the stupid dog is barking.
BigMoneyGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40   #99
Kawabuggy

Shoot the dog and lay it on the neighbors door step as a peace offering..
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08   #100
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimfireMan View Post
Heck, if my neighbor did sprayed me with a hose, I would go inside, and put on a swimsuit. Then, I would go back outside and taunt my neighbor until he started spraying me again. I would keep taunting him while running around the yard. Hey, if my neighbor wants to water my grass, Ill let him!
Hell yes my friend
okie is offline   Reply With Quote