Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-01-2012, 22:03   #41
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
Why would anyone want to live in CA?

Outrageous home pricesI get paid a lot of money to compensate. When I retire I can live very well even on a reduced pension., high gas pricesSee previous, high property taxesActually they are set at 1% of purchase or refi price. With the housing prices going down they actually lowered property taxes for a lot of people. They will be set there for the rest of your time in that home. Unlike other states they can only jack my property tax 2%, max., state income taxPretty low compared to fed taxes actually. And we are essenitally compensated for it., crowded freewaysThere is never a crowded freway in TX., mudslidesOnly if you are retard living on under a hill., wildfiresDoesn't bother me in suburbia much. Sure the smoke poured in for a few days a few years ago but when it was out the sky was blue again., earthquakesThe last earthquake my area had was in 89. Only Oakland, SF, and Santa Cruz had problem. SC because it was so close to the epicenter. SF and Oakland because they built on infill. No liquifaction here., strange green laws (like no gas powered weedeaters)They will be coming to you soon., stranger gun lawsCan't argue there but I think they may have just written their undoing., no jobs,Plenty of jobs if you have a college degree. crazy politiciansOh, yeah, politicians are perfectly sane everywhere else. and tons of illegals.To be honest they are the hardest working people in the state.

Suddenly, the pretty beaches and 70 degree year round weather is not enough to make sane people want to live there.

-brickboy240
Today we had a heat wave. A whopping 90 degrees for a couple of hours. By Thursday it will be back to tomatoe growing 70s. January I should be able to hit the beach and not freeze.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 13:21   #42
brickboy240

Why is it that a TX friend that moved to San Diego paid 600 grand for a house that is no bigger than mine in Houston that I could sell today for maybe 135k?

The whole economic condition of CA is crumbling. I know we are not perfect but we are in far better economic shape than CA.

If it is sooo perfect...why are there so many people from CA now living in my city? I don't know anyone that is dying to move there.

You are a cop so you get hi-cap mags and an AR. The regular citizens get very limited choices on their exercise of the 2nd amendment. You also get a fat pension...if I had my privately owned business in CA....not so much.

CA seems great for municipal workers, wealthy celebs and illegals for the regular people....not so much.

-brickboy240
Old 10-02-2012, 18:05   #43
Peace Officer

The Golden State

You know what's great about Calif? They're handing out driver licenses to illegal immagrants-that's a fact. Now all the illegals that have drive licenses can vote for the Bama in Nov! Screw California! As soon as I am able to I'm getting the hell out of here!
Peace Officer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 18:11   #44
jaws48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Officer View Post
You know what's great about Calif? They're handing out driver licenses to illegal immagrants-that's a fact. Now all the illegals that have drive licenses can vote for the Bama in Nov! Screw California! As soon as I am able to I'm getting the hell out of here!
IMHO...wise choice.
Old 10-02-2012, 18:27   #45
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I knew we needed a fence....... Political Issues

I've been arguing for Texas to have a fence at Texas' northern border much more than our southern.

Texas has more than enough liberals and illegals than we need.
Amen and pass the fence pliers
Old 10-02-2012, 18:28   #46
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Officer View Post
We still have a few slots available in our "Relocation and reorientation" program here in Oregon. We can introduce you to FFL dealers who can order most any gun you want, Class III dealers for the others. NO SALES TAX either. we can find you a residence without the controls of an HOA, While the valley is liberal, you can relocate in a conservative rural area. we pride ourselves in helping California refugees become useful US citizens with a minimal amount of trouble.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 18:57   #47
azatrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
We call them "Californicators". Because they try to Eff things up as badly as the place they left.
Egggggsactly!
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:18   #48
jollygreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Today we had a heat wave. A whopping 90 degrees for a couple of hours. By Thursday it will be back to tomatoe growing 70s. January I should be able to hit the beach and not freeze.
You're right. It's an absolutely wonderful place and neither you nor any other kalifornicator need ever move.

If you do move, don't come to my state since you people screw up everything you touch.

Old 10-02-2012, 19:25   #49
jollygreen

By the way, I've been to your beaches. All the way from Crescent City to LA and all points in between. Toxic waste and cigarette butts.

Yeah, a real paradise.
Old 10-02-2012, 20:20   #50
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

That's the great thing about Alabama, No one in their right mind would to move here. I retired from the Atlanta area and moved to the sticks here......quiet, cheap, low taxes and very few democrats.

My zip code is EIEIO

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 21:52   #51
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregoryb View Post
That's the great thing about Alabama, No one in their right mind would to move here. I retired from the Atlanta area and moved to the sticks here......quiet, cheap, low taxes and very few democrats.

My zip code is EIEIO
Old 10-02-2012, 22:16   #52
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregoryb View Post

My zip code is EIEIO
No man, that ain't no zip code. That's how you spell farm, ya know like " old McDonald had a farm......EIEIO."!
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:12   #53
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Thi has been going on for 20+ years. I think the recession of the early 90s was the start. CA lagged the nation in getting jobs back. Before that it was the other way around. Essentially immigrants come into the state and middle class people leave. Of course 20+ years later the immigrants have reached middle class status and are leaving. And I am not just talking about Mexico; China, India, and other places are sending immigrants.

I forsee a day when the state consists of poor and rich people separated by a middle class mostly consisting of government workers whose jobs are to keep the poor from killing the rich.

I left in 1990 because housing prices rose so fast it was impossible to afford a three bedroom home on my family's income. Housing prices increased so rapidly, I couldn't even keep up with the increase in the down payment required. Plus I would be paying current property tax rates while my neighbors were grandfathered with Proposition 10whatever to property tax rates of the previous decade. Many people were taking out second mortgages to flip property lots three or four times while the house was under construction. It was, in my opinion fundamentally skewed and unfair.

I left, bought land and a three bedroom house w/in-ground pool for the kids to grow in a nice neighborhood (where they walked to school) in Southern Alabama for less than the price of rent in Orange County.

California. Beautiful State. Nice people. Great food.
But
Expensive - housing, insurance, unbalanced taxes. You end up working just to pay the rent/mortagae/taxes/fuel and having little left over for "life".
Traffic - world class freeway jams, long commutes, forget the beach on a holiday weekend, nowhere to park, smog.

<<< Hoping CACop will try Alabama one day. (ALCop) You may choose not to go back to the crazy Golden State.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:07   #54
Peace Officer

Hate California?

Hate California?? Thank one of the many big unions we have out here! They are a cancer on the state.
Peace Officer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34   #55
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I left in 1990 because housing prices rose so fast it was impossible to afford a three bedroom home on my family's income. Housing prices increased so rapidly, I couldn't even keep up with the increase in the down payment required. Plus I would be paying current property tax rates while my neighbors were grandfathered with Proposition 10whatever to property tax rates of the previous decade. Many people were taking out second mortgages to flip property lots three or four times while the house was under construction. It was, in my opinion fundamentally skewed and unfair.

I left, bought land and a three bedroom house w/in-ground pool for the kids to grow in a nice neighborhood (where they walked to school) in Southern Alabama for less than the price of rent in Orange County.

But
Expensive - housing, insurance, unbalanced taxes. You end up working just to pay the rent/mortagae/taxes/fuel and having little left over for "life".
Traffic - world class freeway jams, long commutes, forget the beach on a holiday weekend, nowhere to park, smog.

<<< Hoping CACop will try Alabama one day. (ALCop) You may choose not to go back to the crazy Golden State.
It's a shame, really. The state is basically a gift from god when you consider the natural beauty, the coastline and the weather - and it's infested by a legacy of liberal politicians and voters that are destroying it.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14   #56
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
It's a shame, really. The state is basically a gift from god when you consider the natural beauty, the coastline and the weather - and it's infested by a legacy of liberal politicians and voters that are destroying it.
I can agree with this.
MotoGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39   #57
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
The same can be said of the U.S. ....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08   #58
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

But

Wait a minute here

All that house flipping and property speculation

That doesn't sound like the "Evil Cororate Greed" we here so much about and, according to some, is the root of all evil.

No, that sounds like greedy individuals, en masse, trying to make ridiculous profits with little effort.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:22   #59
coastal4974

Itís obvious that these people fleeing California are

RACIST!
Old 10-03-2012, 13:29   #60
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I knew we needed a fence....... Political Issues

I've been arguing for Texas to have a fence at Texas' northern border much more than our southern.

t
+1!

We need to make a 1 mile wide DMZ type border around Texas.

Hey!

You know why all the trees in LA, AR, OK and NM lean toward Texas?

Drum roll, PLEASE!!!

Because Texas SUCKS!

(Using my Elvis voice) Thank you, thank you very much!
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote