Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:07   #41
mike g35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
So they were Christians then. Do I really need to post the "Gott Mit Uns" belt buckle pics again?
What is the source of the name for Walpurgisnacht? What group practiced Endura?

Your historical accuracy might be slightly more compelling if you didn't misspell both of Eva Braun's names. As for their suicides, the timing probably had far more to do with the approaching Russian troops than any religious ritual.

How could anyone question such compelling evidence. If we were to survey members of the various narcotic cartels, what would they tell us about their religious beliefs?
Sorry about my misspelling you must be more of a nazi fan than I am. As for ALL of your facts they still seem to be directed only by your apparent need to trash Christianity. I keep telling you, you'll never change our minds. You lose. And win you die, and you only have your disbelief to comfort you you lose again, after your dead....well...like I said I just don't know what'll happen. But if there is a god that's going to judge you, buddy you're screwed.
Do you know anything about Odinism? And that's not a shot, just wondering if that would more closely represent the Nazi belief system? I'm not familiar with it but I've seen it mentioned.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 09-30-2012, 07:15   #42
snowbird

Quote:
If we were to survey members of the various narcotic cartels, what would they tell us about their religious beliefs?
They'd probably mutter something about, "Tu madre!" while they were gunning you down. Actions speak louder than words.

Or, as the Bible says, 'By their works ye shall know them'...definitely not Christians, except to an America-hating, gay-marriage-promoting, Koran-crazy Christophobic dhimmi.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:37   #43
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Can a Muslim be a "good" American?

Of course they can, after the caliphate is achieved, they will be the best Americans.

Not all of them are violent jihadists. They are trying to save America, just ask them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 09-30-2012 at 07:38..
Old 09-30-2012, 15:43   #44
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
And it doesn't matter how many times anyone points out that you and other disturbed atheists love to distort facts.
You continue to blame religion for the deeds of people.
Because it is your magic book that makes them feel justified in those deeds.

Quote:
You atheists continue to use the Mosaic laws that are not Christian doctrine
No no... you don't get to pick a choose. Those laws were inspired by GOD. Your GOD. Yahweh, one in the same as Christ. Either God is contradicting himself or the entire old testament is nonsense. If that is the case so is the new testament as it is based on the god of the old. Either the bible is the word of God given to man or it isn't. Not some of it... no the parts you like. All or nothing. You believe what you like. But your belief is absurd.

Quote:
It's funny that some atheists say Christians killed native Americans
They did.

Quote:
that Nazis were Christians
Hitler was Catholic. And so were many of his Nazi's. The pope even wished him a happy birthday.

Quote:
that Mexican drug cartel people are Christians, and that all the killings along the Mexican border are committed by Christians.
All? Don't know. Most mexican's are catholic though. So it's a good chance most are.

Quote:
I've even heard some say if one is born in a Christian majority country, they are Christian and that anything bad that person does is a Christian act.
I suppose the atheists here are all Christian then.
This one is new to me. I'm with you. I'd have to disagree with that.

Quote:
Whine and moan all you like, there's nothing you can do to change people's beliefs. Just continue demonstrating how mentally disturbed some atheists are.
No need. Your numbers are dying out. Every new generation in this country has less and less to do with religion. We are growing up and putting away our childish fairy tales. Man is coming to a glorious age where we finally know enough about our origins and that of our universe to know that these mythologies simply aren't true. There will be those, like you, that will hold on to them until your grave. That's fine, no one is trying to convert you. But your numbers are shrinking. And in 100 years the religious will be a crazy minority. But they will be treated with care. We'll medicate them if need be. Give them gated communities where they can separate themselves from the rest of normal society. And we will make them comfortable as the last of them die out. Then... finally... man can move forward unimpeded.

Quote:
Maybe vandalizing churches and synagogues might give you some satisfaction.
Seems that's something rival religions like to do. Anyone that would vandalize a church because they are mad at God is obviously not an Atheist. It's obvious they still believe in god if they're going to be mad at god.

Quote:
And as I have pointed out numerous times, more atrocities have been committed throughout history by the non-religious than by the religious across the board. but of course fools are blind to that fact.
Not true. The fact is that there is no way to know how many millions have died as a result of religion in man's history. And by religious I'm including savages that believe in rain and sun gods. But I do like your term Non-Religious. That's far better than blaming it on Atheists. There has never been an Atheist that killed someone else as a result of their Atheism. But even the term Non-Religious is inaccurate. It's those who are Anti-Religion. And those include people who are religious. For example... A muslim might kill christians because he/she is Anti-Christianity. And an Atheist might kill muslims because he/she is Anti-Islam. But the big difference is that you can make a connection between the Muslims Anti-Christianity and his/her religion because his/her dogma demands there be no other than his/her own. No such connection can be made with the Atheist because he/she has no dogma. So it is only a product of that person's anti-religion ideals.

Quote:
I leave this song as it is fitting to some of the atheists here.

pathetic liar by grip inc. - YouTube
Didn't even bother to look.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-30-2012 at 15:43..
Old 09-30-2012, 15:46   #45
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
The Nazis were NOT Christians.
Don't know about every single one... but Hitler was Catholic. He may not have been a good one. But he was Catholic. It's a fact. The pope wished him a happy birthday in fact.
Old 09-30-2012, 16:24   #46
RyanBDawg

The sooner we extinguish these idiotic cults, and that's what all religions are, the better.

Keep killing for a god that doesn't exist, I'm sure that will get us somewhere.

Science flies us to the moon, religion flies us into buildings.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 09-30-2012 at 16:35..
Old 09-30-2012, 17:40   #47
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Sorry about my misspelling you must be more of a nazi fan than I am.
Or I'm simply more intellectually rigorous. Don't worry though, I'm sure your god loves the ignorant.
Quote:
As for ALL of your facts they still seem to be directed only by your apparent need to trash Christianity.
You're the one who made claims of pagan origins then didn't answer the questions posed in response. Let me answer them for you. Endura? Cathar Rituals. That would be the Christian Cathars, although they weren't popular with Rome. Walpurgisnacht? Named after Saint Walpurga, who was canonized by the Roman Catholic Church.
Quote:
I keep telling you, you'll never change our minds. You lose.
Clearly, the facts aren't going to do the job.
Quote:
And win you die, and you only have your disbelief to comfort you you lose again, after your dead....well...like I said I just don't know what'll happen. But if there is a god that's going to judge you, buddy you're screwed.
How is god going to judge me harshly for not accepting a specific supernatural deity's existence when there's no evidence any such being exist?
Quote:
Do you know anything about Odinism?
Yes, I'm familiar with Norse theology/mythology.
Quote:
And that's not a shot, just wondering if that would more closely represent the Nazi belief system? I'm not familiar with it but I've seen it mentioned.
Given that the Nazi party explicitly endorsed Christianity and German military units had Christian, not pagan, chaplains, I'd hve to go with no it doesn't represent the Nazi belief system.
Old 09-30-2012, 17:42   #48
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
They'd probably mutter something about, "Tu madre!" while they were gunning you down. Actions speak louder than words.

Or, as the Bible says, 'By their works ye shall know them'...definitely not Christians, except to an America-hating, gay-marriage-promoting, Koran-crazy Christophobic dhimmi.
Rant on you crazy diamond, rant on.
Old 09-30-2012, 18:20   #49
muscogee

Quote:
I keep telling you, you'll never change our minds.
I have seen Chrisrtians in this forum change their minds. I haven't seen that from ahteists.

Leona Helmsley
Old 09-30-2012, 18:33   #50
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Don't know about every single one... but Hitler was Catholic. He may not have been a good one. But he was Catholic. It's a fact. The pope wished him a happy birthday in fact.
The current Pope is a former Hitlerjugend.

Leona Helmsley
Old 09-30-2012, 18:50   #51
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

hell, it's hard as an American to be a good American

"demography is destiny"
Old 09-30-2012, 18:52   #52
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

as a side note on GNG someone posted that religions are like farts; you don't mind your own, but you would prefer not to share theirs

"demography is destiny"
Old 09-30-2012, 21:32   #53
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
The current Pope is a former Hitlerjugend.
To be fair, it isn't like he had much of a choice in the matter.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:00   #54
muscogee

Quote:
To be fair, it isn't like he had much of a choice in the matter.
Some people did resist. Dietrich Bonhoeffer

My wifes' grandmother was a devout Catholic until the war. According to my MIL, when the Nazis took over, her mother refused to go to church with the Nazis. The point being, the Nazis were always welcome in the Catholic church.

Some priests did speak out against Nazism and many of them went to concentration camps, but most Catholics didn't. WWII was the beginning of the end of Christianity in Europe. The churches that resisted were greatly diminished by the Nazis. The ones that didn't lost creditability. Martyrdom sounds heroic until you get right down to it. Benedict could have chosen martyrdom. The fact that he didn't indicates that he was on board with the Nazis or didn't have the courage. Neither speaks well for the leadership of the Catholic church. Is the God that “is, and, was. and shall be” subject to pragmatism or are there truths that transcend the moment?

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09   #55
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Some people did resist. Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Dietrich Bonhoeffer wasn't a 14 year old kid.
Quote:
My wifes' grandmother was a devout Catholic until the war. According to my MIL, when the Nazis took over, her mother refused to go to church with the Nazis. The point being, the Nazis were always welcome in the Catholic church.

Some priests did speak out against Nazism and many of them went to concentration camps, but most Catholics didn't. WWII was the beginning of the end of Christianity in Europe. The churches that resisted were greatly diminished by the Nazis. The ones that didn't lost creditability. Martyrdom sounds heroic until you get right down to it. Benedict could have chosen martyrdom. The fact that he didn't indicates that he was on board with the Nazis or didn't have the courage. Neither speaks well for the leadership of the Catholic church. Is the God that “is, and, was. and shall be” subject to pragmatism or are there truths that transcend the moment?
Criticizing a 14 year old child for not making what you perceive as the "right" decision in the light of 60 years of hindsight seems incredibly unfair. There are plenty of very reasonable criticisms to be leveled against the current Pope, for actions he's taken both as Pope and for what he did in the years prior, but not joining the Hitler youth, when membership was compulsory, as a youth isn't one of them.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23   #56
Roering
Sorting nuts

IGotIt

Could you define "good American"?

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Old 10-01-2012, 13:44   #57
muscogee

Quote:
Dietrich Bonhoeffer wasn't a 14 year old kid.
Criticizing a 14 year old child for not making what you perceive as the "right" decision in the light of 60 years of hindsight seems incredibly unfair. There are plenty of very reasonable criticisms to be leveled against the current Pope, for actions he's taken both as Pope and for what he did in the years prior, but not joining the Hitler youth, when membership was compulsory, as a youth isn't one of them.
In the U.S. we hold adolescents responsible for their behavior.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Sellers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Boyd_Malvo

I have know some Hitlerjugend. They were not repentant. They bragged about shooting at Americans and liked to show off their wounds. It was a source of pride for them. On one occasion one of them said, "If we had just bombed NYC, we would have won the war because the women here have too much power. They would have made you surrender." Notice how he kept saying we.

To my knowledge, Benedict has never apologized for his behavior or condemned the Nazies. He has not the addressed the rise of Nazism in Germany in the last decade or attempted to do anything about it. If I'm wrong about that I apologize. Some may argue that, as the Pope, he is above politics, but John Paul II wasn't. I realize I'm generalizing, but, I don't think I'm being unfair.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 10-01-2012 at 13:48.. Reason: typo
Old 10-01-2012, 13:59   #58
tuica

A great post!

Thank you Sir. A good friend of mine claims that their religion is not relevant. I pointed out to him that their very religion declared war on us. How can we not see that as a threat to our way of life - let alone that of the Israeli's!?! I wonder why any American Jew would ever vote for Obama over Romney. And I mean this with great sincerity, as I have always been a Protestant supporter of Israel. I used to have an Israeli flag next to a US flag on my truck, until someone keyed "Free Palestine" into my paint. Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Good post!

Key concept!

But unfortunately, there are none so blind as those who will not see (notice some of the dhimmi posts in this thread). Before 9/11, I car-pooled with some different people. I recall a Hindu lady who told me that, sadly (as far as she was concerned), you can never be "fast friends" with a Muslim. She meant that you can't really trust them.

A Russian guy basically said the same thing. "A Muslim is a very dangerous person" were his exact words. He spoke of populations in Central Asia where Muslims and Christians had lived peacefully for centuries, until suddenly, the Muslims started 'getting religion', taking their Koran seriously (it baldly commands, 'Slay the infidel'), and without warning began murdering Christians.

How do we read minds? How do we distinguish peaceful Muslims from the Mohammed-imitators? (Remember, Mohammed had a whole Jewish tribe beheaded, and wrote the Koran, which tells Muslims they must wage jihad until the entire earth is subjugated to Islam). The fact is we can't read Muslim minds. On top of that, there is the Koranic doctrine of takiyya -deliberate deception to gain advantage over infidels, making it harder to know which Muslims, if any, to trust, and how far they can be trusted, for how long.

Therefore, stop ALL Muslim immigration.

No need for draconian measures against Muslim communities suspected of harboring terrorists if we don't let Muslim communities get established here in the first place. No mass killing, no guilt. Just bar them admission now to prevent civil strife in the not-too-distant future (remember, their birthrate far exceeds ours. Do we want our grandchildren to have to fight for their lives on account of our foolishness?).
Old 10-01-2012, 14:02   #59
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Criticizing a 14 year old child for not making what you perceive as the "right" decision in the light of 60 years of hindsight seems incredibly unfair.
If we were talking about any old 14 year kid making a bad decision 60 years ago and whether it should impact his professional life today then I would probably agree with you. Some teenager that got swept up in the moment long ago shouldn't today be prevented from having a career, family, happy life, etc.

However, this isn't any ordinary position, this is the leader of one of the largest religious institutions in the world. You would think that any pope selected should be beyond all possible reproach. A local preist? Ok, maybe. Leader of the catholic church? No. Same with other important offices. For instance, I wouldn't vote for someone with that kind of background for President either.

Old 10-01-2012, 14:36   #60
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
You would think that any pope selected should be beyond all possible reproach.
I wouldn't think that at all, especially considering the history of some of the 12 that Jesus hand picked for ministry.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie

Closed Thread