GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 15:30   #121
1smoothredneck

Yep. It ain't MY friends I'm concerned about. It's the thug than wants to kill us I carry for.
1smoothredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 00:49   #122
MR57

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
So say you are invited to a family dinner, a dinner at your boss' place, or lunch with friends that aren't really close. Do you carry?
Absolutly. I go to church and bible studies in friends home. They don't have a clue I'm carrying a XD45 with laser and extra clip on belt. I even hug everyone. Dress right. Carry right. Hug right. No problem. You never no the situation at another persons house. You don't even know if they bother to lock the door.
MR57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:24   #123
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drilled View Post
I carry everywhere it is legal.

Crime knows no boundaries.
True. Which is why I am sometimes in the position where I must carry in a place where it is illegal to do so. Arrested is much better than dead.
Old 10-15-2012, 20:32   #124
Clark's 22

Yes and like so many others have said. Concealed means concealed so it is never an issue because no one knows I am carrying.
Old 10-15-2012, 22:09   #125
QbonSean

Absolutely. Out of sight, out of mind. If we could plan for unexpected situations, they wouldn't be unexpected.
Old 10-15-2012, 22:23   #126
NecoDude

Why not? Dangers are everywhere.....
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52   #127
crazycooter91
Roll Tide

unless I'm in class or at work (store policy), I have a gun on me and even then, it's in my truck.
crazycooter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 18:35   #128
steveksux
Massive Member

Who's the #1 suspect in any homicide?

Close friends and family.

You are WAY more likely to be killed by someone you know than a stranger...

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:55   #129
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post

Randy
^^^
Very true!!

Hence.....why you should around friends/family.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:22   #130
PhotoFeller

I'm thinking that with danger of attack EVERYWHERE, including events with family and friends, a bullet proof garmet would be a good investment for all of us. It might not be comfortable or convenient in the south, or elsewhere during summer, but spring, fall and winter up north it could be worn under a sweater or jacket. Armor fabric could also be used to make a coat or fashionable vest-style garment.

Remember, self defense measures are supposed to be COMFORTING, not comfortable or convenient. The armored garmet, combined with a weapon of sufficient caliber and capacity, would make us pretty much invincible.

The special protective clothing would become part of our CC gear at social and family events, church, sporting events, weddings, at the mall, and everyplace else attackers might lurk. Our SD basic equipment would be a CCW and CCV (civilian combat vest).

A decent vest for $300-$500 would cost less than most of the weapons we carry and would greatly enhance our chances of survival against FIREARMS AND KNIVES.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Armor-Protec...item2c65e9ced7

You will get a STAB AND BULLET PROOF vest.

** ** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.**
1.The armor cover area is the largest in this kind of vests.
2.The lightest vest for the armor coverage you get
3.The armor material is the most advanced material Ultra High Molecular Weight PE material
4.Made by one of the most prestige manufacturer in the industry under ISO 9001:2000 international standards.
5.5 year warranty for the armor material

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-20-2012 at 13:47..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 16:21   #131
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
I'm thinking that with danger of attack EVERYWHERE, a bullet proof vest would be a good investment for all of us. It wouldn't be comfortable or convenient in the south, or elsewhere during summer, but spring, fall and winter up north it could be worn under a sweater or jacket. Kevlar could also be built into a coat or fashionable vest-style garment.

Remember, self defense measures are supposed to be COMFORTING, not comfortable or convenient. The vest, combined with a weapon of sufficient caliber and capacity, would make us pretty much invincible.

The vest would become part of our CC gear at social and family events, church, sporting events, weddings, at the mall, and everyplace else attackers might lurk. Our new SD basic equipment would be a CCW and CV (combat vest).

A decent vest for $300-$500 would cost less than most of the weapons we carry and would greatly enhance our chances of survival against FIREARMS AND KNIVES.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Armor-Protec...item2c65e9ced7

You will get a STAB AND BULLET PROOF vest.

** ** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.**
1.The armor cover area is the largest in this kind of vests.
2.The lightest vest for the armor coverage you get
3.The armor material is the most advanced material Ultra High Molecular Weight PE material
4.Made by one of the most prestige manufacturer in the industry under ISO 9001:2000 international standards.
5.5 year warranty for the armor material
Here are a couple more thoughts about Civilian Combat Vests (CCV) for self defense:

(1) A CCV can be worn in places where our CCW cannot be carried. Feel less vulnerable at the post office, at work, Disney World, public school events, bars (thats a good one), movie theaters, commercial flights, government buildings, including the White House.

(2) A CCV will protect against upper body injury in vehicle accidents.

(3) A CCV will provide comforting protection against NDs by careless shooters at public firing ranges.

(4) A CCV can be worn instead of the traditional chest protector to umpire baseball games, provided a bullet proof cup is also employed. Deadly attacks can happen at Little League parks, too. Umpires are always at risk! http://www.securityprousa.com/miamandac.html

(5) When the SHTF, we'll all need a CCV. Might as well start getting used to wearing one now.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-19-2012 at 08:35..
Old 10-19-2012, 06:08   #132
PhotoFeller

Over time, as Civilian Combat Vests (CCV) become more widely used by the general population, life insurance premium discounts will be provided to policy holders who wear them. It will be like homeowner insurance discounts for installation of smoke detectors. Further discounts will be offered if all family members regularly wear a CCV.

Since attack can happen anytime and anywhere, I predict the CCV will become a fundamental wardrobe component, like underwear. The fashion industry will pick up on this trend and offer all kinds of styles, colors and design innovations for casual wear, business dress and formal attire. Beachwear design will be the most challenging.

In the future, people will say "If I have my shoes on, my CCV is on too." Its inevitable, in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:25   #133
PhotoFeller

My gosh, Civilian Combat Vests (CCV) are already available! Check this selection out for everyday wardrobe needs.

http://www.securityprousa.com/index.html

Civilian Body Armor and bulletproof Jackets for civilians,reporters,diplomats. MADE TO ORDER IN ALL THREAT LEVELS.

Ballistic Bomber Jacket Level II
Sale price: $999.00

Bulletproof Jacket level II::ballistic protection windbreaker
Sale price: $999.00

Body armor,The executiveTravel Vest IIIA
Regular price: $999.00

Executive travel body armor Execuvest IIIA
Sale price: $889.00

WATCH FOR FUTURE JOS. A BANK CLOTHIER ADS FEATURING A STYLISH BULLET PROOF GARMET FREE WITH THE PURCHASE OF A NEW SUIT. "YOU'RE GONNA SURVIVE AN ATTACK AND LOOK GOOD TOO, I GUARANTEE IT."

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-20-2012 at 08:20..
Old 10-20-2012, 10:36   #134
KharToon

Yes. I will need the gun when I least expect it and those are the times I would be most likely to not carry. So, I always carry when legal for this reason.
Glock 19 Gen 4
Stag Arms Stag-15 Model 2TL 5.56mm Carbine
KharToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:33   #135
Razorback01

I only carry places I'm going (as long as its legal, of course), whether its dinner at pals, boss, whoever. "Always carry, Never tell" - Theis
Razorback01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 16:13   #136
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post

Randy
Of course that may depend on who you associate with. The people that are killed by family or friends often have one or two other slightly identifiable traits.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:48   #137
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux

Randy
Of course that may depend on who you associate with. The people that are killed by family or friends often have one or two other slightly identifiable traits.
So why DO people feel the need to wear other people's pants when they're turning their life around, anyway?

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24   #138
Bruce M

My trousers have been to a whole bunch of shootings and homicides. The vast majority of them have some commonality which is actually fairly easily avoidable.

Not specific to this thread but I had a conversation with a teenager a while back who had just left a vehicle burglary very quickly. I suggested to him that if elected to wear three shirts and started shedding them as he left the area he at least owed it to us to not wear three red shirts in an effort to not make it feel as if I was fishing at the trout farm.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 10-21-2012 at 20:08..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 14:12   #139
dcc12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioShooter12 View Post
Yep and it's never an issue because they don't know it's there.
This Never show never tell
dcc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 17:01   #140
LL6

Yes.