GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2012, 23:52   #201
JW1178

The people don't want jobs, they want handouts. They have this idea that the rich have so much money they can pay for all their needs and then some, and still be rich, and no matter how high the taxes are, those rich will continue to make money. They want to government to pay for all their needs, so their money is just spending money so they can get what they want.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 00:16   #202
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Romney is an Etch-A-Sketch. He just gets shaken and comes up with something new to say depending on the crowd. ...
^ ^ ^ By far and by large the best ever defining of "mitten's campaign" as well as his hopes of going anywhere with it.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11   #203
Mr King
XD40 Service

36 days till 1980 repeats itself
A Pill for every Ill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDlH9...layer_embedded
Mr King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:29   #204
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr King View Post
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:40   #205
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr King View Post
+1

I have seen some big numbers of people showing up at Romney Rallies in PA, and I'm not talking in the rural areas, I'm talking the Philly suburbs, massive crowds, one was pack to capacity, with twice as many people waiting outside.

If he wins the Philly suburbs and he will win PA.

Seriously I still can't figure out why anyone with half a brain will vote for Obama. Unemployment is still high, Gas prices and food prices are high, and the middle east is going to hell in a handbasket. Same thing was going on in the 1979/1980 under Carter.

I don't think it will be a Reagan Landslide, but I'm becoming more confident that Romney will win, and the media is pulling out all the guns, trying to convince the public that Romney does not have a chance.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04   #206
hamster
NRA Life Member

Sarah Palin was a weak attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Nothing but populist BS.

At least this time they went with a running mate who can intelligently answer questions.
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08   #207
doodi1

I believe Romney will win if we all don't believe the crap they are telling us about the Polls and get depressed and don't vote. These polls are purposely skewed to the left to depress the Romney vote. The race is a statistical tie and maybe a slight Romney lead.

So i say Romney will win if we all get out and vote. I say, "VOTE, VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN"

Last edited by doodi1; 10-01-2012 at 12:38..
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09   #208
mhambi
Hegemon

My highly scientific algorithm I'm using to predict the election:

Average Price of Gas in the week leading up to the election

$3.64 or less and Obama wins
$3.69 or more and Romney wins.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10   #209
RimfireMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
I say, "VOTE AND VOTE OFTEN"
So, you are in favor of voter fraud?
RimfireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13   #210
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.
It's not stupid if you're living off the government and the work of other people, and you know Obama is the way to keep that ride going.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17   #211
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Those of you who have stated that the media wants us to think Obama is a sure thing so we don't go out and vote for Romney are dead right!! Get out there and vote people. My wife and I already voted absentee.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47   #212
mingaa

Looks like Obama to me at this point. His lead (at this point) is larger than any previous winning candidate. If he killed a kitten during the first debate things would tighten up a bit.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:52   #213
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Upon becoming mayor of Wasilla, she immediately asked the librarian how they could get rid of the 'objectionable' books. 'Objectionable' by whose standards? Sarah Palin's? I do recall there were some book burnings in Nazi Germany.
Myth. There were quite a few DU hacks such as yourself turning over rocks just looking to find something slacious and when you didnt find it, you invented it.

Quote:
Palin believes that Creationism should be taught in public schools, which runs both counter to well-settled
Its far from "well-settled" and still has the tag "theory", meaning its unproven.

Quote:
and to the Constitutional separation of church and state.
No such thing exists. "Separation of Church and State" appears no where in the COTUS. Go back to civics class.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53   #214
ca survivor

Quote:
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.
remember, those stupid people from 4 years ago are going to vote again.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53   #215
RockyMtnJack

It will be close but Romney has a better chance than the polls would indicate. I base this on the fact that Obama won by 53 to 47 percent in 2008. I don't believe that anyone who didn't vote for Obama in 2008 will vote for him in 2012. On the other hand, there are many disappointed people who may not vote for him this time and I don't think he'll have the same level of turn-out from young voters and some minorities that he had in 2008. So, the margin will be much closer this time. Most of the current polls are based on the 2008 turn-out numbers which favored Democrats. Democrats are over-sampled in these polls, skewing the numbers. Of course, the liberal left-leaning media is only too happy to report this as an Obama lead. Speaking of the media, I also predict that regardless of the result of the debates, the media will portray Obama as the debate winner.
RockyMtnJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53   #216
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
Looks like Obama to me at this point. His lead (at this point) is larger than any previous winning candidate.
Not and never has been, damn near even.

Any previous? hyperbole much?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56   #217
RDW
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjuster View Post
as it stands currently romney doesn't have a chance in heck.

/
wrong!
Formerly Posted as "Big Dawg #383" (10/2000)
Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.

Last edited by RDW; 10-01-2012 at 10:57..
RDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:10   #218
gigab1te

I hate to say it, but I don't think Romney will win. I hope I'm wrong...
gigab1te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:24   #219
mingaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Not and never has been, damn near even.

Any previous? hyperbole much?
Last 3 is more accurate - my bad. This was national news on the 20th - has much changed since then?

"Obama still winning … by a lot: President Obama now holds a bigger lead at this point in the campaign than any presidential candidate since Bill Clinton, according to a new Pew poll, which shows him up 8 points over Mitt Romney. The poll also finds Obama beating Romney on a host of dimensions — he’s more likable, viewed more favorably, seen as more credible and empathetic, and his supporters are more excited about voting..."
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30   #220
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Short memory?
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31   #221
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.
Won't matter... the elections in 2016 won't happen. And this nation won't exist as we know it.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37   #222
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
Looks like Obama to me at this point. His lead (at this point) is larger than any previous winning candidate. If he killed a kitten during the first debate things would tighten up a bit.
The problem with the polls is they rank up Democrat vs Republican by the the amount that voted in the last presidential election, so these polls are going to be skewed high for the Democrats anyway.

In 2008, you had a lot of people hating Bush, the first Black Presidential candidate with the Democrats, and a real lackluster Republican candidate in McCain.

No one in the polling community has taken into account the 2010 election and the surge of Republican voters.

I think Obama slim lead is washed away if you take into account those two factors.

I also think Obama has lost a lot of his original 2008 voters, especially in the Hispanic, Jewish, and the young to middle age White community.

At the end of the day the electorial college wins the election. Here is Obama vs McCain in 2008. I can tell you now, Obama is going to loss some big states vs Romney. Romney will pull some of New England away from Obama. Also look what happened to with the Scott Walker election in Wisconsin. If Obama losses his grasp on Florida, PA, NJ or Ohio, he will lose the White House.

The Okie Corral
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37   #223
Nutt51

Some people never cease to amaze me. For one thing I do not believe any poll, you can fabricate numbers to say anything you want them too. I trust the media even less, I would not believe them if they said the sun would rise tomorrow.
Romney was not my first choice as a nominee, but he is the one running against the sitting Prez., and yes I think he can win.
I vote for the candidate who can help save my country, the
sitting Prez. is not that person.
The media and others have folks chasing their tails, who's for the rich, who's the best dad, who gives the most to charity, blah! blah! blah!. I don't give a rat's behind, I care who can restore and save America, and that's not the sitting Prez.. He's had his chance and he royally messed it up. It's not Bush's fault and you can't have another try or do over.

You have four choices, vote for the sitting Prez. and get more of the same, vote for a third party like Rosanne Barr, don't vote at all, or vote Republican and hope for some real change.
One major thing that has made me think that Romney will win is, if O looses, all the sewer trash that's in his administration get's washed away with him and some competent people get
appointed in a new administration, and we can start the
healing process to make the U.S. strong again.

I am not a registered Republican. In the past I have voted Democrat, Independent, and Republican.
I'm not so much voting for Romney, but trying to vote out
the bunch of misfit's who have screwed up my country so bad. I hope there are a lot Americans who feel the same way that I do.
A thousand mile walk starts with the first step, and a million
vote margin starts with just one vote.

"I figure that a man's only good for one oath at a time. I made mine to the Confederate States Of America".
"John Wayne", "The Searchers".
Nutt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40   #224
Dragoon189

Quote:
I think he will sadly win for the exact opposite reason.
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." — George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
Dragoon189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26   #225
frank4570
Feral human

"Obama's trying to do what is best for everybody but the bitter republicans are blocking him at every turn because defeating obama is more important to them than what is good for our country."

For everybody who is saying they can't understand how anybody would vote for him under the current circumstances, that's how, with that statement right there. Is it true? It doesn't matter.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote