Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:51   #101
The Machinist
No Compromise

Romney is a liberal tool, and even the most indoctrinated GOP loyalists know it. He has no chance of unseating the current liberal in office, because the only thing Romney offers is a watered down version of what the Kenyan squatter already does. Most Americans enjoy the fruits of other peoples' labor, and will vote for the guy who can most effectively use the government's monopoly on violent force to extract money from the producer class. That man is Obama.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02   #102
rick458
USS Texas BB-35

Remember Conservative Voters are "Conservative" quietly going about their business.
very few will beat shouting from the rooftops, but they WILL vote.
And I believe the White guilt issue that got O many votes last time will not be a factor.
Trust in the hard working people to vote, and the lazy people to keep being lazy.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06   #103
simotek

If he gets the turnout I think he can win. He really doesn't seem to excite the base that much, but if enough people are frustrated with Obama they may turn out in force. He definitely needs it in the swing states.

I can tell you VA is going to be very close.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
simotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:11   #104
pirateguy191

Romney 53% DingleBarry 46%
Ron Paul/Gary Johnson = irrelevant
Old 09-29-2012, 09:34   #105
elsolo

Does anybody know any Obama voters that are not voting for him this time? It seems like all the ones I know are just as excited this time around.

Does anybody know any conservative voters that are fed up and might not vote for the "R" in November? I sure do.
elsolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:39   #106
HexHead

I fear Romney is bringing a knife to a gunfight. I just don't think he's the kind of person who's willing to roll around in the mud with 0bama. It's just not who he is.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:00   #107
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

Shy Tory Phenomena

How many of you have heard of the "Shy Tory" phenomena?

God, I pray that it happens here in November!!

NRA Life Member
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05   #108
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
I fear Romney is bringing a knife to a gunfight. I just don't think he's the kind of person who's willing to roll around in the mud with 0bama. It's just not who he is.
There it is. He's not a tough guy.

Romney will narrowly lose.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:51   #109
Big Dog Dad

Let's HOPE!

Let's hope it's like the first Reagan election where nobody gave him chance. Of course, I also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the proper administration of all the entitlements. On second thought, I wonder what the weather in South America is like in November. Is this country becoming a contestant in the worldly "I bet I can ruin my country faster than you can!" I personally think 4 years with no government would be an improvement. Good Luck!

-=BDD=-
Old 09-29-2012, 11:05   #110
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
Does anybody know any Obama voters that are not voting for him this time? It seems like all the ones I know are just as excited this time around.

I actually do know a few people who thought Obama was going to straighten out the economy, and are now pissed. They might jump ship.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13   #111
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

I think Romney has a decent chance at winning. Not a sure thing by any means, but he's running against Obama, the democrat party Lie Machine and aided by fawning press who's intellectual dishonesty and lack of objectivity is reaching historic lows.

The debates will tell the tale. Most polls are wrong. Very few are trustworthy, I go with Rasmussen mostly.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:16   #112
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:

Does anybody know any conservative voters that are fed up and might not vote for the "R" in November? I sure do.
I'm seeing just the opposite.

Many who voted for O last time are disappointed and disillusioned. Won't vote for him again.

By contrast, I can't think of anyone who voted for McCain last time and chomping at the bit to vote for zero.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:26   #113
mabgrac

Quote:

My wife. She voted for Obama last time(we weren't together yet). So far she says she is sitting this election out. She won't vote Rep. because her parents are diehard Blue Dog democrats, but she knows how much income I have lost over the last 4 years and that many of Obama's policies have been a big reason why.

Last edited by mabgrac; 09-29-2012 at 14:13..
mabgrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:29   #114
mike g35
RACEGUN SHOOTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it, a complete overhaul of federal judges, congress, and public assistance is the only way to fix this titanic.
A complete overhaul of the entire system actually but good point and good post. I believe we will have to shatter as a nation before things get better. We must fall so we can rise.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
mike g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:33   #115
Big Dog Dad

I don't understand...

There are a lot of people who say they aren't voting for zero, but they also don't like Romney and won't vote for him either. Let me get this straight. If zero got ten votes and Ricky, Lucy, Fred, and Ethyl each got 5 votes a piece, take a guess who won. Splitting the conservative vote amongst ten different candidates gives zero 4 more years and our lives another 4 years of this nightmare. It's not that difficult of a concept or maybe I give the American population too much credit for intelligence.

-=BDD=-
Old 09-29-2012, 11:35   #116
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Dad View Post
There are a lot of people who say they aren't voting for zero, but they also don't like Romney and won't vote for him either. Let me get this straight. If zero got ten votes and Ricky, Lucy, Fred, and Ethyl each got 5 votes a piece, take a guess who won. Splitting the conservative vote amongst ten different candidates gives zero 4 more years and our lives another 4 years of this nightmare. It's not that difficult of a concept or maybe I give the American population too much credit for intelligence.

-=BDD=-
I'll still sleep well at night after my vote for Gary Johnson.

Not my fault the GOP sucks ass. Try again in 2016.

Last edited by tantrix; 09-29-2012 at 11:35..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36   #117
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
The debates will tell the tale.
This.

I'm very much looking forward to the debates.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:37   #118
filthy infidel
100% Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
Those of us who were around when Reagan was running against Carter heard a constant bombardment by the media how Carter was ahead and would win. Reagan was behind in the polls the whole time but most people were tired of the economy and Carter's weakness as a president. I kind of see the same thing happening again. I don't see Obama having the same support he had the first time. Except for the radical left/media you don't hear the same rhetoric as we heard the first time.

On the other hand, the media is doing a pretty good job of making you guys drink the koolaid thinking Obama is going to win.

My suggestion, is instead of wringing ones hands about Obama, get off your butts and go help Romney win. I never before got involved in a campaign and I was never a Romney supporter. However, this year I volunteered to work on his campaign. I am not doing it for him. I am doing it for my kids and this country.

Its not even about ideology anymore. This country is about to collapse. Obama has failed and can't stop it. Romney can at least slow it down. Maybe long enough for someone to figure something out.
This is the third thing I cling to, and after I get home from work I go to the local GOP campaign office and donate two more hours of my day. Sounds like dire straits but I do believe that the nation as we know it hangs in the balance of what we find November 7.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:42   #119
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post

This too.

The GOP has a choice to make- purge the social conservatives, neo-cons, and new world orderists and make them the third party... then update their platform to reflect American values.

OR

Continue on failing to grow leaders, failing to inspire the constituency, finding some sad sack to stand in for their candidate and forcing him to revise his entire political life to fit their jacked up mold... and watch people stay home, vote third party, or hope they will vote against their values for the lesser of two evils.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 14:28   #120
mabgrac

You 3rd party guys really should consider focusing your efforts on local politics first and foremost. That way you have a chance of winning and actually getting some of your ideas enacted. Once you have some power on the local level then start on getting some statewide and perhaps one day nationally. I have to admit I am more Libertarian than Republican, but I must be more Pragmatist than Libertarian, because I feel like voting 3rd party in a Presidential election is just a silly protest that accomplishes nothing.
mabgrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 14:36   #121
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

I'm all for purging the GOP of the elitists.

They completely diss the success of the Reagan years?

WTF for? You could retain power indefinitely if you had his magic, just do the right thing and they'll keep you around. You don't need to be a dem imitator trying to impress the social liberals with big government.

Make people rich by making government smaller and less financially burdensome. Lower taxes…end up getting more money ANYWAY by broadening the base and getting more people in the game since entry points are lower to starting businesses, buying houses, etc.
Old 09-29-2012, 15:34   #122
jtmac
Señor Member

Send a message via AIM to jtmac Send a message via Yahoo to jtmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabgrac View Post
You 3rd party guys really should consider focusing your efforts on local politics first and foremost. That way you have a chance of winning and actually getting some of your ideas enacted. Once you have some power on the local level then start on getting some statewide and perhaps one day nationally. I have to admit I am more Libertarian than Republican, but I must be more Pragmatist than Libertarian, because I feel like voting 3rd party in a Presidential election is just a silly protest that accomplishes nothing.
I tend to agree, but this year I'm not following this advice.

I was fairly conflicted because while I cannot vote for Obama, I also could not find it within me to vote for Romney. A friend pointed out to me, though, that I live in a state that the Republicans will win free and clear. My vote won't to much to help the "Republican cause", so I can let it serve as the very important statistic that is people refusing to support the big two.
Old 09-29-2012, 17:27   #123
Big Dog Dad

Sleep well - Just don't know where!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post

I just hope you have a place to sleep after 4 more years of this marxist!

-=BDD=-
Old 09-29-2012, 17:27   #124
Nalapombu

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I'm all for purging the GOP of the elitists.

They completely diss the success of the Reagan years?

WTF for? You could retain power indefinitely if you had his magic, just do the right thing and they'll keep you around. You don't need to be a dem imitator trying to impress the social liberals with big government.
You are right, I would love to see a Balls to the Wall full blown conservative run for Prez and actually get out there each day and articulate our beliefs and teach people what conservatism really is and means. every time it's tried it succeeds.

I believe the reason they try and purge all the great memories of Reagan is that the REAL Movers and Shakers of the Republican party never liked Reagan, he embarrassed them with their Manhattan swells and their Georgetown Cocktail Circuit.

I've heard Limbaugh tell stories about when he lived in Manhattan and would go to these Ahoy Polloi Cocktail parties with the beautiful people and repub insiders and he told of how the men would come up to him and berate him about how they had to get rid of the hicks in the party that pushed the anti-abortion stuff, the guns, and religion stuff. They said they caught too much flack from their wives about how their party made them all look like hayseed religious hicks and they couldn't stand it when their liberal friends made fun of them because they had these types of people in the party that actually had principles and moral clarity.

Heck on Friday Limbaugh told another story that happened last year, I think, but it wasn't very long ago at all. He had a dinner party and his guests were very conservative and well known with their wives in tow. He said the conversation quickly went to politics and then almost all of the guests started in on him about how "we have to get Sarah Palin out of this party, get rid of her, send her back to Alaska and keep her there. She's ignorant, can't articulate properly, is from a hayseed, second rate college and had no heritage to point to. Basically calling her everything but a white woman right to Rush's face at his dinner party. He said they told him they were sick of picking up the Times every morning and hearing about all the stupid comments she was making and ignorant policies she was advocating. They wanted her and her kind GONE from the Republican party, they made them look bad to their friends. They were sick of hearing it from their liberal pals of how stupid all the major republicans were. Limbaugh said it angered him to the point that he was actually yelling at his guests and he just got up and left, got out of the house and called his pilot and hopped on his plane and left that night without even speaking to them at his home before he left.

That's what we're up against. These major players in the RNC don't like the issues that WE care about and believe are important to the survival of our Republic. They don't like us constantly bringing up abortion. They can't stand us having an unfailing belief and reliance on GOD. They also get ticked off when we tell OUR Reps in DC that we want something done about Illegal Immigration. These people have a yard full of illegals in their city homes in Georgetown on Embassy Row, several at their country estates in Virginia that care for their horses and property and probably a couple maids in their uptown NYC apartments to take care of the cooking and cleaning so their wives won't have to concern themselves with the possibility of breaking a nail from their newly minted manicure and pedicure. And don't forget they also have to have drivers, you don't think they drive themselves do you? Then you have the kids. These women don't actually RAISE their babies, what in the world has gotten into your heads that would make you think such a thing? Those babies are arm candy when it's Christmas Card time and the rest of the year they'll have 3 or 4 nannies taking care of them and when they get older, it's off to exclusive boarding schools in Switzerland and St. Moritz. Hell I don't even know where that last place is.

Anyway, you can see all the illegals around these Movers and Shakers in the RNC. Did you think that Chief Justice Roberts was going to risk the wrath of his wife and his numerous Mexican workers in and about his houses and rule FOR Arizona in that landmark case? You seen it right up close that time.

I didn't even mention GUNS, but you know that issue is just like Abortion to these people we are talking about. They'd sink the 2nd amendment in a New York second if they had a belief that conservatives would have to vote for them regardless of what they done.

All these issues are important to us, so much so that we believe the fate of the country is at stake if they aren't dealt with the right way. The BIG WIGS couldn't care less and in fact would probably more in line with Chuck Schumer if the truth was known. They don't want to be thought of or lumped in with "those anti abortion people that carry guns and Bibles and kill decent abortion providers who also hate gay people and would gladly celebrate every one of them dying a horrible death from AIDS.

Makes me sick to think about the kind of people that run the RNC, but I believe that's the reality these days. It would take a really LONG time and some very hard work to purge the RNC of these people that undermine conservatism at every turn. It HAS to start at the GRASS ROOTS. You have to get conservative in office in the small races first, then you take on the entrenched RINO's and get rid of them for good.

Think about it, lets take Orrin Hatch. The man has been in the Senate for what...about 40 years? He's the most powerful RNC member of the critical Judiciary Committee in the Senate. Did you ever see him, one single time, stand up and fight FOR the constitution when Klinton and Soetero sent up nominees to the Federal Bench and Supreme Court like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, The WISE Latina, Elena Kagan and the like? These are the most anti-american, Constitution hating judges in the history of the USA. The Latina refused to even answer a simple question on whether a person has the right to defend himself if he is sitting in his chair and someone breaks into his house and threatens him. Wouldn't answer it. How is that even possible? The whole time there's Ole Orrin that sat there grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat saying "who me..do something?" Here's my vote Wise Latina and Kagan, enjoy your DECADES on the Supreme Court where you can destroy as much as you can of the Traditions and beliefs that the people of this country have held sacred for 200 years and died by the hundreds of thousands insuring that their kids would get to live in Freedom FROM an Overreaching Federal Government. When it's time for re-election and he's facing the toughest challenge he has ever faced, you see ALL of the Republican Intelligentsia coming to his defense and telling anyone that would listen that the Constitution has had no better friend than Orrin Hatch and he has fought battles with Liberals over court nominees for decades. Hell I'd like to see one that he's fought. He's never fought hard enough to get a liberal voted down or his nomination taken back by the Prez cause there was too much radicalization in their past.

You wanna know how to shape the court...go back and watch what the democRATs with some of their willing allies in the Republican Party did to one of the most talented judicial scholars and jurists this country has ever seen, Robert Bork. The Dems can pull that technique off time after time, but the Repubs led by Hatch can't get the Dems to take back the nomination for a Federal Dog Catcher that is too radical.

The entire party needs rooting out, the sooner the better.

I still pray that Romeny can pull it off and that all these goofy polls are wrong.

SORRY for my GOING ON and ON and ON and ON.

Nalajr
Old 09-29-2012, 17:34   #125
onebigelf

I think the polls are full of crap. I believe they are being run like they are so that when the vote fraud and rigged poll results give the election to Obama, the media can say, "Yep, that's right in line with what the polls said, nothing to see here, move along."

I don't think Romney has a prayer, because no matter how the vote goes, the counting will show Obama. I think there will be a "surprise" sweep of house and senate seats as well, resulting in Democrats resuming their complete control of both houses of congress.

I think we're done.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote