Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-05-2012, 15:52   #401
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
Most working folks just don't want to have to pay for Jane's abortion, birth control and lifetime entitlements cause she doesn't want to work but can. If you watched the debate it was clear Obama wants a country of entitlements and dependence on gov't control and Romney wants a country of economic opportunity and individual freedom and responsibility.

The Democrats have become the party of the elites and dependents, the Republicans working people and tax payers.

The covering up of Obama's record and misrepresenting Romney's record has been the only strategy of the Obama campaign. The manipulating of the polls and job numbers are the last desperate moves of a failing Obama campaign.

The debates are important because it's the first time Obama gets confronted on his awful and deceitful record in public and Romney gets seen as the better President and nothing like the smears painted by the Obama campaign.

Romney will win big in November.
Republicans only care about you when you are a FETUS. After you are born, they dont give a damn about you. This in itself will not work. If the Republican party insists that even rape victims give birth to the child of their rapists, then they should pay for it as well.

I live in the DEEP South, where abortion is frowned upon and I just asked my wife what would SHE want if she was carrying the baby of her rapist. She said she WOULD NOT give birth to said baby, through legal means or not. I don't blame her...I don't think a woman should not be forced to carry and give birth to a child she was forced to conceive by some ghetto-trash.

Ask your wife the same question and see what the answer is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
I have a $500 bet says Obama wins...

If O wins...I get $500...I will go out the next day and buy a gun. It might be SBR'ed, suppressed or both.

If O loses....well, I win again.

This election, much like the last, boils down to hatred (and not the racism crap people are throwing around). Romney is not the best man for the job but people will vote for him as a vote against Obama.

It will be close...but I'm predicting a O win.

I think the same...Obama is going to win, and it's because the GOP put up someone who wasn't good enough.

Last edited by tantrix; 10-05-2012 at 15:54..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 16:11   #402
Acujeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle32 View Post
Unless something very unforseen happens in the next month Obama is going to win. He is ahaed in basically all of the 9 major swing states. Also, unemployment just dropped to the lowest of his presidency at 7.8% as well as the Dow Jones doing extremely well. Get ready Obama will win! My goodness Mitt actually physically signed an Assault Weapons Ban in Massachusetts, but he has apparently changed is view on that, just like almost every other major thing he has ever stood for. He is no friend to gun owners!
Only a true Obama supporter would believe those manipulated polls and job numbers.

Romney was Gov of MA 2002-2006 and so did not sign the permanent 1998 MA AWB into law.

In 2004, Romney signed a bill that amended the permanent AWB and made it less strict and corrected some abuses. The liberal media, and some folks here, are misrepresenting his record and claiming that Romney signed the MA AWB permanently into effect or that it was set to expire in 2004.

Recently discovered report forces the question: Do I owe Mitt Romney an apology?
by Chad D. Baus
http://www.ammoland.com/2012/10/02/g...#ixzz28AyBR021
- it appears that the central "fact" that most gun owners "know" about Mitt Romney - namely that he signed a new assault weapons ban in Massachusetts in 2004 - isn't a fact at all. My sense is that knowledge of the GOAL report may allow some pro-gun voters, who may have been hesitant to go "All In," to feel much better about voting for the only man who stands a chance at defeating Barack Obama.
Mr Romney, for whatever it's worth, I apologize.

Romney record, or history, as Gov of MA clearly shows he has only reduced gun control, removed anti-2A from bills or signed pro-2A bills. When it was politically expedient for Romney to make more gun control he always did the opposite.

Romney‘s entire record:
http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

So Romney was always pro-2A and has only become more so over time. On the other hand, Obama has always been anti-2A and has become more so over time.

Romney‘s positions:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/gop-se...rticle/2506043
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/gun-rights
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/courts-constitution

It's up to individual gun-owners to to get the facts and make sure we're not scammed into giving Obama another term.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:
https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...-informed.aspx
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 17:04   #403
GlockPistola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Based upon last night's debate, I'd swear the Pres doesn't want the responsibility anymore or he believes he's above debate.
Maybe he is contemplating to voluntarily give up his second term, so that he is not blamed for the upcoming economic meltdown (aka shtf). He might be trying to protect his "legacy."
Old 10-05-2012, 17:20   #404
Bren
NRA Life Member

Who thinks Romney is going to win?

A lot more people than did last week.
Old 10-05-2012, 17:22   #405
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I don't want any more "legacy" from him, as in Supreme Court Justices. If he loses, I hope he takes a few with him.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 18:22   #406
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Who thinks Romney is going to win?

A lot more people than did last week.
I know I do. I have never been a Romney fan, but the debate changed my mind. He was cool, calm, and well spoken. He did not allow his competitor to frame the debate, even with Lehrer doing his best to help Obama. His experience as a leader was very well demonstrated.

We may not agree on all issues, but he has my vote.
Old 10-05-2012, 18:51   #407
Providence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
I know I do. I have never been a Romney fan, but the debate changed my mind. He was cool, calm, and well spoken. He did not allow his competitor to frame the debate, even with Lehrer doing his best to help Obama. His experience as a leader was very well demonstrated.

me too.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 19:08   #408
Bow Commander

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
me too.
Me three. I didn't expect to be as impressed as I was with Romney in the debate. I thought he handed Obama his ass.
Bow Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 20:01   #409
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:

A leader must ignore small voices, and make **** happen. I have never been a fan of Mitt, but the outcome of a fight is hard to challenge. Clear winner and loser, check. I'ts difficult to grant Romney a ****ton of credibility, but face it, we've been waiting years to see that sucka (Obama) dragged through the mud in front of 65k+ voters.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Last edited by Angry Fist; 10-05-2012 at 20:02..
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 20:13   #410
Ruggles

Quote:

Count me in. Much more of a fan than before the debate.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 20:35   #411
Landmonster

I've said it before.

Romney is a super-smart, educated, and talented guy. He's also renown as a hard worker. He clearly did his homework for the debates (and the prior Republican debates, too), he spent a ton of time on preparation and also hired coaches.

Obama looked uncomfortable. I believe that HE believed he would just be able to "phone it in" and win the debate via a favorable moderator and audience. The man is very lazy and egotistical, and not very well-versed on issues.

Last edited by Landmonster; 10-05-2012 at 20:36..
Landmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19   #412
Rupert

Ooo, he took on NPR! Finally someone bringing some common sense and fiscal responsibility to Washington! Debt crisis solved! What a true American hero!

NPR is on all day in our house to keep the dog company. Prarire Home Companion, the Moth, Radio Lab, Science Friday, Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, The Story-npr has great programming that is unmatched in the private sector. That is one of the reasons our household donates to help support it. Just the other day on NPR I heard a pro choice and pro life supporter talking about the abortion issue. It was an interetesting conversation where instead of throwing bullet points at each other, they had a reasonable, intelligent and enlightening conversation about the issue. You simply can't get that anywhere else. For Romney or anyone else to single it out it just makes me think they haven't got their priorities straight. With all the bs spending and earmarking that goes on in Washington that's all he's got? God help us all.
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:13   #413
BSA70

My prediction is that Romney will dominate the remaining debates. Will it help him, yes, Will it help him win, probably not. Still a ways to go and anything will happen and he may walk in the white house.

The problem with Romney is Romney
BSA70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22   #414
frank4570
Feral human

You said it a lot better than I could.
So he will sign a new assault weapons ban, cancel npr, and back morality laws. I like him less and less all the time.
I much prefer his attitude toward our finances, but there is an extremely probability he is flat out lying about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Ooo, he took on NPR! Finally someone bringing some common sense and fiscal responsibility to Washington! Debt crisis solved! What a true American hero!

NPR is on all day in our house to keep the dog company. Prarire Home Companion, the Moth, Radio Lab, Science Friday, Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, The Story-npr has great programming that is unmatched in the private sector. That is one of the reasons our household donates to help support it. Just the other day on NPR I heard a pro choice and pro life supporter talking about the abortion issue. It was an interetesting conversation where instead of throwing bullet points at each other, they had a reasonable, intelligent and enlightening conversation about the issue. You simply can't get that anywhere else. For Romney or anyone else to single it out it just makes me think they haven't got their priorities straight. With all the bs spending and earmarking that goes on in Washington that's all he's got? God help us all.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36   #415
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Obama is going to win, and it's because the GOP put up someone who wasn't good enough.
This just in, first post-debate polls: Romney up in FL, VA and tied in OH.

Rasmussen, the one pollster who doesn't weight his polls with 9% extra dems in the sample.

Up next: Ryan mopping the floor with biden this thursday.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:48   #416
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:

Like many current federal expenses, NPR is unnecessary. The operation of our government doesn't require it, nor is it improved by NPR. It is one of many that needs to defunded. If you and others like it so much, you should collectively raise enough money to keep it afloat.

Our country is screwed. We need to cut out funding for anything not absolutely necessary. NPR is not necessary.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:52   #417
Hines57
Simple Member

I know that the hypnotized never lie...

Do ya?

Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56   #418
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I much prefer his attitude toward our finances, but there is an extremely probability he is flat out lying about that.
And Obama is lying about that AND pretty much everything else. Since they're both liars, and Obama has demonstrated that he is clueless when it comes to leadership, let's give the next four years to the candidate who has demonstrated successful leadership and sound financial decision making skill.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:02   #419
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
And Obama is lying about that AND pretty much everything else. Since they're both liars, and Obama has demonstrated that he is clueless when it comes to leadership, let's give the next four years to the candidate who has demonstrated successful leadership and sound financial decision making skill.
I actually am more concerned that obama is telling the truth.

I'll be voting for romney simply in the hope of pushing this country in the wrong direction more slowly.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:07   #420
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I actually am more concerned that obama is telling the truth.

I'll be voting for romney simply in the hope of pushing this country in the wrong direction more slowly.
I understand the sentiment. I hope he makes great strides to correct our problems, but I fear you may be right.
Old 10-06-2012, 17:33   #421
Rupert

Quote:
Like many current federal expenses, NPR is unnecessary. The operation of our government doesn't require it, nor is it improved by NPR. It is one of many that needs to defunded. If you and others like it so much, you should collectively raise enough money to keep it afloat.

Our country is screwed. We need to cut out funding for anything not absolutely necessary. NPR is not necessary.
Many of us do raise money for npr. No people giving money to npr = no npr. If this Romney aims to cut unnecessary spending and points to NPR, he needs to pull his head out of his *** and take a harder look to find where all our taxpayer dollars are really being wasted. Cutting NPR funding and saying look at all that unnecessary spending I cut is a joke. It's a few million when the debt is in the trillions. But he doesn't really want to cut spending. He wants to cut taxes for millionaires, stifle political opposition, forward his ideology, then sell the farm for a few quick bucks and bad, unsustainable jobs. Let's face it, our economy isn't the only one in the toilet right now. It will take more than one man (and country) to fix it. Anyone who stands up and claims he can is taking you for a fool.
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 18:02   #422
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
Many of us do raise money for npr. No people giving money to npr = no npr. If this Romney aims to cut unnecessary spending and points to NPR, he needs to pull his head out of his *** and take a harder look to find where all our taxpayer dollars are really being wasted. Cutting NPR funding and saying look at all that unnecessary spending I cut is a joke. It's a few million when the debt is in the trillions. But he doesn't really want to cut spending. He wants to cut taxes for millionaires, stifle political opposition, forward his ideology, then sell the farm for a few quick bucks and bad, unsustainable jobs. Let's face it, our economy isn't the only one in the toilet right now. It will take more than one man (and country) to fix it. Anyone who stands up and claims he can is taking you for a fool.
You need to think bigger. There is no single massive expense that we can point to and say, "if we just cut that out we could fix the spending problem". We need to prioritize our spending, item by item, and then defund expenses from the bottom up until we've balanced the budget. We should then cut the budgets of the items we are left with until they have been trimmed of unnecessary spending.

It's going to suck, but it's better than total collapse.
Old 10-06-2012, 18:05   #423
Providence

Quote:
Oomph, you're an Obama supporter! Now I understand your comments.

Edit: I meant to write "ooooooooh", but auto-correct "fixed" it. Oomph sounds a little more argumentative that I was thinking. I was wondering why you would think continuing to contribute funding to NPR in our dire financial condition. When I realized that you are an Obama supporter it made sense.

Please vote! It's that important!
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18

Last edited by Providence; 10-06-2012 at 18:28..
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 19:00   #424
onebigelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPistola View Post
Maybe he is contemplating to voluntarily give up his second term, so that he is not blamed for the upcoming economic meltdown (aka shtf). He might be trying to protect his "legacy."
Possible, but I've got to say, I was not a Romney fan. i thought he was the least acceptable and least electable of the Republican candidates. Having said that, I liked what I saw in the debate. Romney looked like a man who was in his element when talking about the economy. He acted like he felt that he had the answers. His entire demeanor hit me as, "The economy? Don't worry about it. I got this...". He didn't strike me as being afraid of taking on the economic problems we're having. Not one little bit.

If you think about it, it makes sense. What he did at Bain capital was, they didn't buy bad companies. They bought good companies that COULD have been successful, but were being poorly run and mismanaged into failure. isn't that what we think is happening to the country?

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 19:09   #425
Nalapombu

I'm not understanding where some are saying that Romney will back and/or sign so called MORALITY LAWS. I've never heard him talk about that. If you want to go back to the Repub debate where Snuffalufagus asked him about birth control about a dozen times he clearly stated that he or anyone else is even thinking about such a thing.
Romney couldn't get rid of abortion if he wanted to. The COURTS are the only way it's going to be eliminated. There is no way there's enough members of Congress have the guts to vote on and approve of a ban on abortion.

I also think that there should be exceptions made in cases of rape and incest and some others that doctors deem necessary to save the mothers life. I think most republicans would feel the same way. Besides this campaign is focused on JOBS and fixing this broken economy. We're not going to hear much about those issues, I wish we would though. If America actually heard and understood what Soetero supports in those MORALITY LAWS, they'd be shocked. There couldn't be 10% of Americans that believe the way Soetero does on those issues.

I am much more comfortable now than before the debate. I can't wait till Ryan takes on "PLUGS" Biden. That ought to be a good one.

Nalajr