Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-04-2012, 16:17   #376
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Based upon last night's debate, I'd swear the Pres doesn't want the responsibility anymore or he believes he's above debate.
Old 10-04-2012, 16:19   #377
Grabbrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
He really said he would cut funding to Sesame Street?
Sesame Street doesn't even need funding.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s=rss_politics

Quote:
But Sesame Workshop executive vice president Sherrie Westin told CNN Thursday morning that the giant yellow creature will be just fine.
“The Sesame Workshop receives very, very little funding from PBS,” she said.
Sesame Street can survive on any network. It doesn't need federal funding.
Grabbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:22   #378
Grabbrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
If they would switch the ticket around w/ Ryan for Pres and Romney for VP I could stomach voting for them.

I have much more respect for ryan than Romney when it comes to record / politics.
If you like Paul Ryan (I do too) and would like to see him become President, then you better vote for him now because if Romney/Ryan loses to Obama he'll be tainted goods. If Romney/Ryan wins, he can run when Romney's done. He'll be old enough then.
Grabbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:25   #379
doodi1

As a conservative, i did not watch all of the debate last night. I made up my mind about Obama 4 years ago and he has lived up to every dreaded bit of it.

In fairness, the parts I saw, I thought it would be about even for Miitt and BO. Heck I was upset Mitt was nowhere near aggressive enough.

As far as i am concerned, if Mitt would take a dump and fling his poo at Obama, i would still vote for Mitt.

Sh_t, I'd vote for my dog over BO!

Last edited by doodi1; 10-04-2012 at 16:27..
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 18:16   #380
outd00rs

I'm in the camp of Romney winning by a ton (maybe it's a delusion). I don't know if I've become paranoid and started believing that the MSM subverts the truth and opinion as much as other media outlets say they do .. but ....

I find it hard to believe that I live in a country where something as fundamental as personal responsibility and morality have eroded to the point that the "government" needs to dictate what I can and cannot think, do, and practice.

I know what right and wrong is and it's my responsibility to stand up for what is right in my eyes and I'm guessing that more than 55% of the people in the country believe the same thing.

Everyone should take responsibility for their own actions and live with the outcome..... Help your neighbor, help your family, be respectful and be proud of your country. Simple ideas, simple practices.
outd00rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 18:24   #381
FPS

Romney FTW.

Old 10-04-2012, 18:53   #382
stooxie
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outd00rs View Post
I find it hard to believe that I live in a country where something as fundamental as personal responsibility and morality have eroded to the point that the "government" needs to dictate what I can and cannot think, do, and practice.
I fully agree, but the Republicans' fanatical insistence on moaning and groaning about gays and abortion are exactly the same thing. Democrats seem to think it's ok to abort a 39.5 week old "child. You know what? That should be between them, their sick psychopathic doctor and God. If gay people want to hump each other all day long, spectacular. I really don't think God is sending hurricanes or terrorists because of gay people.

The Republicans would have had this election in the bag if they didn't have to prove themselves the party of crazy every time.

PLEASE NOTE, I am not saying that people who are pro-life or pro-traditional marriage are wrong. Not at all. Just that you can't legislate that morality any more than you can anything else.

If republicans want to win they seriously need to STFU about these purely religious social issues that have zero to do with running the country. It's as much a distraction from the real issues as anything the Democrats throw out.

-Stooxie
Old 10-04-2012, 21:57   #383
pspez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.
I hope this is going to happen. I feel that anyone who votes for Obama is an ideologue. I am an independent and have voted on both sides of the isle and don't understand how anyone could vote for Obama with his record and in my opinion his total disconnect with the urgency of tackling our problems.
pspez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 23:26   #384
Nalapombu

Glad that this thread has made it this long. I need to catch up.

Before that debate I still had BIG doubts on his viability, now, after seeing him go toe to toe with Soetero last night, I am feeling much better. I'm not quite ecstatic, but feeling pretty darn good about his chances would describe it.

Soetero looked as though he was outclassed 10 ways from Sunday. Romney had him at every turn and left him where he had no place to go. WONDERFUL performance by Romney.

What I am really looking forward to, and have been since the announcement, is the VP debate. I cannot wait to see Ryan wipe the floor with that perennial BLOWHARD Joe "PLUGS" Biden. I also kinda like the nickname some have given him "Joe "Chia Pet" Biden. I've been following him ever since I got interested in Politics, the mid-eighties. He's been nothing but a self promoting charlatan his entire career. He wouldn't be where he is now if not for his dad virtually handing his Senate seat over to him. Plugs is trying to do the same with his Son, Beau. He'll end up with it sooner or later. That's what makes me sick about politicians, they think they OWN the seat they have and can do anything they want when they have it. If they want their son or daughter to have it, so be it, mind your business, it belongs to the Biden family. His son Beau is just like his old man in that he has done nothing but suck off of the public teat ever since he could spell T-E-A-T.
As an aside, do you all have any idea how much, or I should say how LITTLE, Plugs Biden gives to charity? It is shameful. He constantly brags about how much money he has and how rich he is, but then you get his tax return and see that on a combined income of over $500,000 he "gives" maybe $100 or so. It's WAY less than 1%. Google it and you'll be shocked. Typical for liberals though. They LOVE spending everyone's money except their own. Dick Cheney has given more in 1 year to charity than Plugs has in his entire life.

I can't wait to see Ryan take him apart calmly and coolly with the facts. This is about as close to a no brainer in a debate as ever put together.

If you want to see something funny, arrogant and ridiculous and will show you exactly what kind of man and person Plugs Biden is, go to YouTube and search for him berating a reported in the halls of the Capital building. What a total ******.

Stooxie, I think abortion and gay marriage is a bit more than just a "purely religious social issue." I am of the opinion that if the Republicans were MORE conservative and taught about what they believe and embrace, it would be a winning recipe and will again.

Lets look at the facts for a second, EVERY state that gay marriage has been put on the ballot it has won convincingly. I think it's 35 or so states including what many would argue is the most LIBERAL state in the union, California. And yet you and other Republicans think that is a LOSING issue for Conservatives. Hard to get that.
Abortion is the same way. For the last several years public opinion is in favor of the PRO-LIFE side. It's close, but when you include the ABSOLUTELY BARBARIC procedure Partial Birth Abortion, the margins go WAY UP on the pro-life side. We have a President that voted in the Illinois Senate 4 different times that a baby that survived the abortion "procedure" DIDN'T deserve to have medical care to try and save it. Just bring in another "abortion doctor" and have him finish the job. Do you really think that issue is something that the American People would find absolutely appalling and reprehensible or would they be OK with that stance?

Both of these issues are WINNING issues for the Republican party if they were argued right and taken right to the American people and told them what this battle was all about. You say they are too much of a distraction to running the country. Well I submit that if you take those issues, and other cultural and moral issues off of the table, what kind of country do you think we'll have to run in the future? Are you gunning for Amsterdam, France maybe? I don't think I'd want to live in a country where it's ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING GOES.

There are LOTS of Republicans that believe just like you do, that these issues push people away from our side and that having a LOT of people in the party that believes in these kinds of issues causes them a lot of embarrassment. They don't like answering questions about these people when their friends tease them about such people.
The reason it is perceived this way is because the Republicans allow the media and libs to DEFINE the parameters of the debate, what we believe and paint us as fringe kooks. That scares wishy-washy jello-spined Repubs and causes them to run for the hills out of fear when these things are brought up. I'll bet you money that Romney has advisers in his camp that are telling him "stay away from abortion and gay issues, it turns off the moderates and those that aren't firm in their convictions."

Have you ever heard the saying "never pick a fight with someone that buys ink by the barrel?" Well that's what governs the way the Republican party behaves at all times. They are too scared to EDUCATE people the way we believe and WHY we believe the ways we do. We believe this way because we want to leave the future generations a country WORTH FIGHTING FOR AND GIVING YOUR LIFE FOR.

Nalajr
Old 10-04-2012, 23:38   #385
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalapombu View Post
Stooxie, I think abortion and gay marriage is a bit more than just a "purely religious social issue." I am of the opinion that if the Republicans were MORE conservative and taught about what they believe and embrace, it would be a winning recipe and will again.

Lets look at the facts for a second, EVERY state that gay marriage has been put on the ballot it has won convincingly. I think it's 35 or so states including what many would argue is the most LIBERAL state in the union, California. And yet you and other Republicans think that is a LOSING issue for Conservatives. Hard to get that.
Abortion is the same way. For the last several years public opinion is in favor of the PRO-LIFE side. It's close, but when you include the ABSOLUTELY BARBARIC procedure Partial Birth Abortion, the margins go WAY UP on the pro-life side. We have a President that voted in the Illinois Senate 4 different times that a baby that survived the abortion "procedure" DIDN'T deserve to have medical care to try and save it. Just bring in another "abortion doctor" and have him finish the job. Do you really think that issue is something that the American People would find absolutely appalling and reprehensible or would they be OK with that stance?
These are just a couple of many reasons I'm not a Republican. I don't give a damn about Joe down the street and his gay marriage or Jane and her abortion. It doesn't affect me in any way, however...presidents that run the economy into the ground, invade my privacy, and infringe on my rights do affect me.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:34   #386
Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
These are just a couple of many reasons I'm not a Republican. I don't give a damn about Joe down the street and his gay marriage or Jane and her abortion. It doesn't affect me in any way, however...presidents that run the economy into the ground, invade my privacy, and infringe on my rights do affect me.
I agree, and resent the republic party's attempts to force religious beliefs on the citizenry. The greater the separation between church and state, the more free we will be. If not for their silly bible thumping mumbo jumbo I could almost support them.
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07   #387
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooxie View Post
The Republicans would have had this election in the bag if they didn't have to prove themselves the party of crazy every time.
This was the point of my other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
In fairness, the parts I saw, I thought it would be about even for Miitt and BO.
It WAS about even, with a slight edge to Mitt. The challenger always has the advantage in these things though.

I don't understand why some folks feel the need to engage in ridiculous hyperbole... it greatly weakens their position, because it shows that they are liars (who often believe their own lies).

Mitt didn't "wipe the floor" with Obama.

Mitt isn't going to win "by a landslide" after he gets around to catching up.

Get serious and people will take you seriously.

Quote:
Glad that this thread has made it this long. I need to catch up.
It's actually only 25 posts long. It made it to this many pages because half of them are your 900 word essays.

Quote:
Before that debate I still had BIG doubts on his viability, now, after seeing him go toe to toe with Soetero last night, I am feeling much better.
Again with the Soetero thing- WEAK.

At least you are finally being honest with the membership and yourself about Romney's lack of viability as a candidate. You've been cheerleading for him for a long time.

Quote:
His son Beau is just like his old man in that he has done nothing but suck off of the public teat ever since he could spell T-E-A-T.
The Okie Corral

Except though, I guess when he was in OIF.

Or are all members of the military "welfare queens" too, because they get a check from the government?

Quote:
As an aside, do you all have any idea how much, or I should say how LITTLE, Plugs Biden gives to charity? It is shameful.
Wanna know how much money I give to charity?

$0.00

People have the freedom to spend their money as they choose. If this is an issue for you, don't support him. It doesn't matter to me at all.

Quote:
I am of the opinion that if the Republicans were MORE conservative and taught about what they believe and embrace, it would be a winning recipe and will again.
Seriously... you must be smoking CRACK COCAINE.

This is the opposite of the truth.

Most Americans, if they put their issues down one by one, are Libertarian.

Quote:
I don't think I'd want to live in a country where it's ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING GOES.
Freedom is a terrifying thing to some.

Not everyone can handle it.

Tyranny comes in different flavors, but if the Kookistani Christian Taliban want to reject modern American values and implement their own Christian Sharia, they should set up their own little South Kookistan and do it there.

As it stands now, their influence over the GOP platform amounts to sabotage.

Quote:
They are too scared to EDUCATE people the way we believe and WHY we believe the ways we do.
Sooo... all they need to do is "educate" the people, so they can change totally their minds on a whole bunch of topics, and then they will be on their side?

BRILLIANT!

KalashniKEV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48   #388
Acujeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post

Most working folks just don't want to have to pay for Jane's abortion, birth control and lifetime entitlements cause she doesn't want to work but can. If you watched the debate it was clear Obama wants a country of entitlements and dependence on gov't control and Romney wants a country of economic opportunity and individual freedom and responsibility.

The Democrats have become the party of the elites and dependents, the Republicans working people and tax payers.

The covering up of Obama's record and misrepresenting Romney's record has been the only strategy of the Obama campaign. The manipulating of the polls and job numbers are the last desperate moves of a failing Obama campaign.

The debates are important because it's the first time Obama gets confronted on his awful and deceitful record in public and Romney gets seen as the better President and nothing like the smears painted by the Obama campaign.

Romney will win big in November.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:
https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...-informed.aspx
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51   #389
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
Most working folks just don't want to have to pay for Jane's abortion, birth control and lifetime entitlements cause she doesn't want to work but can. If you watched the debate it was clear Obama wants a country of entitlements and dependence on gov't control and Romney wants a country of economic opportunity and individual freedom and responsibility.

The Democrats have become the party of the elites and dependents, the Republicans working people and tax payers.

The covering up of Obama's record and misrepresenting Romney's record has been the only strategy of the Obama campaign. The manipulating of the polls and job numbers are the last desperate moves of a failing Obama campaign.

The debates are important because it's the first time Obama gets confronted on his awful and deceitful record in public and Romney gets seen as the better President and nothing like the smears painted by the Obama campaign.

Romney will win big in November.
I pray that you're right.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:06   #390
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
I fully agree, but the Republicans' fanatical insistence on moaning and groaning about gays and abortion are exactly the same thing. Democrats seem to think it's ok to abort a 39.5 week old "child. You know what? That should be between them, their sick psychopathic doctor and God. If gay people want to hump each other all day long, spectacular. I really don't think God is sending hurricanes or terrorists because of gay people.

PLEASE NOTE, I am not saying that people who are pro-life or pro-traditional marriage are wrong. Not at all. Just that you can't legislate that morality any more than you can anything else.

If republicans want to win they seriously need to STFU about these purely religious social issues that have zero to do with running the country. It's as much a distraction from the real issues as anything the Democrats throw out.

-Stooxie
The Okie Corral

That is my exact feeling about the Republicans. If you don't lockstep with the Christian Taliban, the De-regulators, and those who think that the rich should not be taxed, then you are a RINO.

I'm GLAD Romney is a RINO. There I said it. Because hard right is just as bad as hard left.

I don't care if its a liberal socialist or a Neo-con Fascist, they BOTH will trample on our Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Let the STATES do what the STATES feel is right. If MA wants to make gay marriage legal...LET THEM. If CA was to make medical pot legal LET THEM. If AZ wants to pass tough laws on illegals...LET THEM.

I was scared to death that some wack-nut like Newt ,Michele Bachmann or Rick Santorium was going to win the GOP primary. Not only would we lose against Obama, but if they somehow won things would NOT get better.

If you look at Romney's plans, its all about state rights, closing some tax loopholes, spending cuts, tweaking a few regulations and re-building the economy.

Thank God its not "The USA is a Judeo Christian country and even though the economy is horrible we need to outlaw this, this and that, de-regulate all business, fight for democracy in other countries that hate us, while giving everyone a tax cut." Four year later there would still be partisan battles over the same old stuff, the economy would still be screw up but for different reasons, and we would be even deeper in debt.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:13   #391
Bello
America/Italia

Crossing my fingers!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:16   #392
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Just that you can't legislate that morality any more than you can anything else.
Yes we can, should and do.

Is it moral to rob banks?

Thou shalt not steal.

Is it moral to murder?

Jess sayin...your shipment of FAIL is here.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05   #393
Trew2Life
#the struggle

A win for Mitt Romney might bring less entitlement spending, less regulation and stimulative job growth, but it will also bring personhood amendments, anti-flag burning laws, and the 'preservation of traditional marriage'.

It's noble to protect the unborn, but once they get old enough to NOT piss on their own leg - they're on their own.

It's free speech to mock a 1500 year old Islam religion, but don't even think about desercrating 200 year old glory.

And how 'traditional' are we going to take marriage? Old Testament traditonal, I hope? I'm counting on a large number of lesbians switching sides.

(unbelievable)

Last edited by Trew2Life; 10-05-2012 at 11:06..
Trew2Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19   #394
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
A win for Mitt Romney might bring less entitlement spending, less regulation and stimulative job growth, but it will also bring personhood amendments, anti-flag burning laws, and the 'preservation of traditional marriage'.
You have nothing but mindless speculation. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
It's free speech to mock a 1500 year old Islam religion, but don't even think about desercrating 200 year old glory.
Non sequitor much?

Who said anything about either? They also occupy separate niches.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00   #395
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
You have nothing but mindless speculation. You have no idea what you're talking about. Non sequitor much?

Who said anything about either? They also occupy separate niches.
Your right. It is 'mindless' speculation - if you consider the 2012 GOP Platform as mindless speculation. It's all right there: DOMA, Personhood, flag desecration. Read much?

While it's highly unlikely that I would do either; mock religious beliefs or burn our flag; both should be constitutionally protect rights under the first amendment.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:06   #396
Trew2Life
#the struggle

In response to a Romney presidency, what if the democrats employ the same political tactic employed by the Right to 'deny Mitt Romney a second term'?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20   #397
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Your right. It is 'mindless' speculation - if you consider the 2012 GOP Platform as mindless speculation. It's all right there: DOMA, Personhood, flag desecration. Read much?

Amazing isn't it?

" We recognize and honor the courageous efforts of those who bear the many burdens of parenting alone, even as we believe that marriage, the union of one man and one woman must be upheld as the national standard, a goal to stand for, encourage, and promote through laws governing marriage. "

Freakin religious zealots.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 13:42   #398
Rick from Kali

two things to keep in mind going into this election.
1. what company services the voting machines:?
2. why is a company in Spain counting the votes?
and one more thing. the reason that the media has obama wining in the polls is that should he actually lose this election...they will claim that the election was stolen from him because he was ahead in the polls therefore he should have won hoping that there will be some kind of unrest. i don't think that Romney is going to win for the simple reason that obama will complete the destruction of America in 4 more years and with Romney it will take him at least two terms to complete the same task. it does not matter which of these two canidates win the results will be the same. just with Romney it will take a little longer.
Rick
Rick from Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 14:25   #399
pugman

I have a $500 bet says Obama wins...

If O wins...I get $500...I will go out the next day and buy a gun. It might be SBR'ed, suppressed or both.

If O loses....well, I win again.

This election, much like the last, boils down to hatred (and not the racism crap people are throwing around). Romney is not the best man for the job but people will vote for him as a vote against Obama.

It will be close...but I'm predicting a O win.

Last edited by pugman; 10-05-2012 at 14:25..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 15:34   #400
WarEagle32

Obama wins easily!

Unless something very unforseen happens in the next month Obama is going to win. He is ahaed in basically all of the 9 major swing states. Also, unemployment just dropped to the lowest of his presidency at 7.8% as well as the Dow Jones doing extremely well. Get ready Obama will win! My goodness Mitt actually physically signed an Assault Weapons Ban in Massachusetts, but he has apparently changed is view on that, just like almost every other major thing he has ever stood for. He is no friend to gun owners!
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote