Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2012, 13:13   #76
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
1. I have no need for a watch. Clocks are all around me everywhere I go. They're on my computer (I can see the time right now, for example). They're in the halls where I work. They're in meeting rooms on the wall. Etc, etc. They're on my cell phone, there is a clock in my car. Worst case scenerio, I ask somebody nearby, they pull out their phone, and tell me. Basically, there is no need to own a watch.
There is no need to own a lot of things.

Quote:
Whereas with guns, there often is a VERY REAL need.
Really? What "real" need? How many people have to defend themselves per capita? How many people have to hunt to support themselves? What's the "need" for owning a semiauto AK? A shotgun will serve plenty well for self-defense.

2. A cheap watch works just as well as an expensive one. They both tell you the time of day. I can buy a cheap watch for ten bucks. Sure, it might break in a couple years. Buy a new one. You can't say the same thing for guns. Cheap ones are less accurate, and far more likely to malfunction.[/quote]

A cheap car works just as well as an expensive car too, within limitations. So's a cheap gun. A Jenning will do just fine for 99% of the self-defense scenario.
Quote:
. But that is all it is, just a way to show off to people.

Enjoy.
Hell yeah!!! If you got it, flaunt it.
Old 09-28-2012, 13:16   #77
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
Good taste in motorcycles too sir.
Aprilia rules!!! But that's for another thread.
Old 09-28-2012, 15:52   #78
fespo276

Rolex Sub-C. Every day, all day.

The Okie Corral
fespo276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:44   #79
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

I wear a hundred dollar watch so I can buy guns.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:57   #80
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Casio G-Shock AWGM100B-1ACR solar atomic

Last edited by ArtificialGrape; 09-28-2012 at 17:11..
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:08   #81
Roger1079

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348873370.111141.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	228003

That is my $4300 Breitling with my $8500 Rolex sitting on my $2000 (with mods) 1911. I have all of them because I wanted them, not out of necessity. My Glocks are all more reliable than that 1911, but that Kimber's trigger pulls like warm butter and is the most accurate pistol I own. Both of the watches either lose or gain about a second daily. Just about any $10 watch at Walmart will tell better time. For what I get in satisfaction with those watches, the loss of time is worth it, and quite frankly, a second (at least in my life) makes no difference.

I used to be of the same mindset that watches were unnecessary and pointless. I actually even though a buddy of mine was an idiot for spending nearly $8000 on a Chanel J12 Chrono in black ceramic about 9 years ago. My opinions soon changed. My appreciation for high end Swiss watches comes from watching multiple documentaries as to what goes into them as far as craftsmanship. A watch with an automatic movement is just about one of the most complicated feats of engineering that there is. Hundreds of tiny moving parts in cases about an inch in diameter. As far as I am concerned, they are pieces of art as well as jewelry. The fact that they also tell time is a bonus to me.

I also have a 1992 Ford Mustang GT as a toy. It has a $9000 331 crate motor in it making 681hp through a Vortech supercharger. The car is worth about 20% of what the engine cost by itself. I also did that because I love it. Wrenching is my next hobby to my guns. Will all of you who were so critical about how I spent my money on my wrist jewelry also be critical of my car project because my total investment is way more than the value of the base?

Just a curiosity question there.....

Also, to the people that said the Rolex was for attention, the model I bought (Stainless Steel Submariner Date) is actually the most counterfeited watch there is. Counterfeit production of that particular watch is nearly 10 times the actual annual production numbers in genuine ones. I have had it since last Saturday and already been asked on 3 occasions if it is fake and complemented on it once. If I bought it for attention, I sure as heck bought the wrong model.

Last edited by Roger1079; 09-28-2012 at 17:26..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:18   #82
jtull7
CLM Number 289
Pistolero

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Stainless for me. My sweet wife bought it for me the last time we were in London, back (way back) when we had some money.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-bitch.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:28   #83
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19_AJ View Post
Ive got a sweet French made watch, it came with a white flag!
Brand new, never used, only dropped once?
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:54   #84
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by fespo276 View Post
Rolex Sub-C. Every day, all day.

The Okie Corral
Very nice. Exact same model I bought. I was looking for a pre 2010 model originally because I like the look of the tapered lugs much better, but when I saw how much nicer the ceramic bezel looked over the black aluminum one I was sold and went with the new one instead. The blue color the markers have when illuminated is also much nicer in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2012, 18:02   #85
camelotkid
non-believer

chase-durer squadron commander
The Okie Corral
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 18:49   #86
podwich

Quote:
Attachment 228003

That is my $4300 Breitling with my $8500 Rolex sitting on my $2000 (with mods) 1911. I have all of them because I wanted them, not out of necessity. My Glocks are all more reliable than that 1911, but that Kimber's trigger pulls like warm butter and is the most accurate pistol I own. Both of the watches either lose or gain about a second daily. Just about any $10 watch at Walmart will tell better time. For what I get in satisfaction with those watches, the loss of time is worth it, and quite frankly, a second (at least in my life) makes no difference.

I used to be of the same mindset that watches were unnecessary and pointless. I actually even though a buddy of mine was an idiot for spending nearly $8000 on a Chanel J12 Chrono in black ceramic about 9 years ago. My opinions soon changed. My appreciation for high end Swiss watches comes from watching multiple documentaries as to what goes into them as far as craftsmanship. A watch with an automatic movement is just about one of the most complicated feats of engineering that there is. Hundreds of tiny moving parts in cases about an inch in diameter. As far as I am concerned, they are pieces of art as well as jewelry. The fact that they also tell time is a bonus to me.

I also have a 1992 Ford Mustang GT as a toy. It has a $9000 331 crate motor in it making 681hp through a Vortech supercharger. The car is worth about 20% of what the engine cost by itself. I also did that because I love it. Wrenching is my next hobby to my guns. Will all of you who were so critical about how I spent my money on my wrist jewelry also be critical of my car project because my total investment is way more than the value of the base?

Just a curiosity question there.....

Also, to the people that said the Rolex was for attention, the model I bought (Stainless Steel Submariner Date) is actually the most counterfeited watch there is. Counterfeit production of that particular watch is nearly 10 times the actual annual production numbers in genuine ones. I have had it since last Saturday and already been asked on 3 occasions if it is fake and complemented on it once. If I bought it for attention, I sure as heck bought the wrong model.
You're such an idiot for spending that much money on a watch! Cars and guns are cool so that's OK.

Seriously, nice watches (and gun).

I wear an Omega Planet Ocean, one of a couple Luminoxes, and a Seiko Coutura. The Omega gets most of the wrist time, though.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 18:57   #87
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by podwich View Post
You're such an idiot for spending that much money on a watch! Cars and guns are cool so that's OK.

Seriously, nice watches (and gun).

I wear an Omega Planet Ocean, one of a couple Luminoxes, and a Seiko Coutura. The Omega gets most of the wrist time, though.
I'll tell you this with all seriousness. All of my watches run better than the car. Once you bypass the 500hp mark at the wheels just about all reliability goes out the window (with the exception of newer models like the Shelby GT500 and Corvette ZR-1). Mine breaks parts on a regular basis. The car has been nothing but a moneypit although I enjoy every bit of it and wouldn't even consider getting rid of it unless someone offered me a ridiculous amount for it.

As far as the watches go, the Omega Planet Ocean is a very nice watch. The Planet Ocean Chrono with the orange bezel was on my list when I was looking for my last watch.

Last edited by Roger1079; 09-28-2012 at 18:59..
Old 09-28-2012, 20:06   #88
AZ Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
The Okie Corral
You have a pretty wrist, Lone Wolfe!!

Last edited by AZ Jeff; 09-28-2012 at 20:06..
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:07   #89
AZ Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Oh hell, here we go again.

Shock proof, EMP proof, waterproof to 100-meters and most importantly, chicks drop drawers for it.

The Okie Corral
You know, FnFALman, lots of times you are FOS, but I gotta say, that is one NICE looking watch!!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:21   #90
CBennett

For work Gshock mudman

for off work either a Luminox Colormark OR a GerLach P series limited edition(350 made)
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:24   #91
USMCsilver
I Like Monkeys

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Rolex GMT-IIc
TAG Professional Diver
Titanium Tissot T-Touch
...and various Seikos on occasion.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab via Tapatalk2

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:36   #92
RageEffect

Seiko monster, Nite mx10(tritium), g-shock mudman, times expedition. I want a deep blue with the flat tritium tubes next which will probably end up taking wrist time away from the monster.
RageEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:40   #93
beatcop

The Okie Corral

80's Seiko Diver for retro look.

The Okie Corral

Fake GMT because I'd rather buy guns & gear!

Last edited by beatcop; 09-28-2012 at 20:45..
beatcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:56   #94
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Jeff View Post
You have a pretty wrist, Lone Wolfe!!
Thank you, Jeff. See the guys are right, chicks do go crazy over Rolexes. Crazy enough to buy our own.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:59   #95
Indianashooter

Gee, I feel under dressed wearing a little bitty Timex.
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:04   #96
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Invicta Pro Diver Automatic.

Looks like a Rolex Submariner.

Costs 1/50th of the rolex.

Keeps better time than the rolex.

Blondes can't tell the difference.

Makes submariner owners stomp their hankies.
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:05   #97
rockymtnhorror

An inexpensive Casio. That way I don't care if anything happens to it. Plus that way I have more money for guns and ammo.
rockymtnhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:07   #98
Rick C
affiant

Beat up 14 yr old Seiko Divers w/ faded Pepsi dial. Ditched the metal band for a plain nylon Maratac. Works for me.
Old 09-28-2012, 21:12   #99
podwich

Quote:
I'll tell you this with all seriousness. All of my watches run better than the car. Once you bypass the 500hp mark at the wheels just about all reliability goes out the window (with the exception of newer models like the Shelby GT500 and Corvette ZR-1). Mine breaks parts on a regular basis. The car has been nothing but a moneypit although I enjoy every bit of it and wouldn't even consider getting rid of it unless someone offered me a ridiculous amount for it.

As far as the watches go, the Omega Planet Ocean is a very nice watch. The Planet Ocean Chrono with the orange bezel was on my list when I was looking for my last watch.
Sounds fun. And, for the record (in case it wasn't obvious), my first line of text was intended as sarcasm.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:32   #100
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Very nice. Exact same model I bought. I was looking for a pre 2010 model originally...
All the 43mm Subs (or for you hip hoppers, "da big face Rollie") are gaudy. The ROLEX-ROLEX-ROLEX-ROLEX-ROLEX chapter ring just makes it worse. I think the Ceramic was a special request by the Arabs (or maybe Chinese?) in collaboration with the hip hoppers to make the new Subs "da bomb diggs" (aka "terrible") and the old Subs expensive and awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatcop View Post
Fake GMT because I'd rather buy guns & gear!
Disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Five Oh View Post
Invicta Pro Diver Automatic.
Please have some decency and keep Invicta out of this thread. Thank you.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote