SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:32   #1
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

LCR broken?

I have an LCR 38, SN of 540-32xxx. Yesterday I shot 40 Winchester 130 grn, FMJ and 30 Speer Gold Dot 53921, 38 + P, 135grn.
Towards the end of the session, I fired from retention, unsupported, using the Speer +P. Right handed, no issue. Left handed, the cylinder opened every round or two, thru 15 rounds. I loaded 5 of the Winchester FMJ and the cylinder remained locked, when fired left hand, unsupported, from retention.

When searching the interweb, for similar issues, I wondered if maybe my hand somehow bumped the crane latch. I can't imagine how. I have small hands.
Old 09-25-2012, 17:54   #2
Chup

I would try it again and really pay attention to see if the week hand is letting the gun recoil and hit your index finger. I placed my LCR in my left hand to see what it looked like. It may be possible. Just watch the gun and your hand to see what is happening. Also let someone shoot it and watch them.
Chup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:31   #3
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chup View Post
I would try it again and really pay attention to see if the week hand is letting the gun recoil and hit your index finger. I placed my LCR in my left hand to see what it looked like. It may be possible. Just watch the gun and your hand to see what is happening. Also let someone shoot it and watch them.
These recommendations sound good. Thanks. I did not have any more time, that day.

Just to be more clear, the cylinder opened, shooting left (strong) hand, unsupported, from retention.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:33   #4
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

OK, I got the LCR out, last night. I held it in my left hand and twisted up (simulating recoil) as far as I thought it could possibly flip. There was still a good half inch, between any part of my hand and the crane latch.
Keep in mind, that the cylinder is opening, whne firing left hand, unsupported, from retention.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:51   #5
ca survivor

the first and only LCR that I handle at the LGS, the cylinder was turning freely.
ca survivor is online now   Reply With Quote