Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:56   #41
DeLo

60 bucks does it come with a box of WWB or Tula...
Old 09-26-2012, 07:12   #42
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBob View Post
I took my four Glocks out to the range for a function check. A few days ago I exchanged the extractor in my 19 built in May of 2011 with my 19 built in March of this year. My 2011 19 had a double feed and an extremely erratic ejection. I switched back the extractors and the March built 19 had a double feed and erratic ejection. The two 26s ejected beautifully. I went home and ordered the Lonewolf extractor #: LWD-1895. I hope this helps the situation. I will order the Apex extractor when available. The Flat Dark Earth 19 is now known as the "turd".

General Glocking
My wife, who has been harassing me with complaints about the sundry charges on my MasterCard for various Glock parts, read your post this morning and had a really good laugh!

She now thinks that, 'Glocks' are a form of, 'male insanity'; and, before I spend anymore money on this Austrian, 'red herring' of a gun, she wants me to start carrying her highly reliable Ruger SP-101. (She can't understand how a man who was smart enough to talk her into a Ruger revolver could be equally stupid enough to get sucked into such a big Glock screw-up!)

Good luck with the LWD extractor. I tried that solution, too. It didn't work all that well for me; but, maybe, it will for you.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-26-2012 at 07:14..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20   #43
kodiakpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
If I take a #30274 ejector out of a 4th gen THU, and insert it in place of my #336 ejector in a 3rd gen THU, is it going to function?
Yes it will work.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:36   #44
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
Yes it will work.
Thank you so very much!

I think I'll try this in conjunction with a non-LCI 9mm SLB. The increased spring compression offered by this SLB seems to help the crappy extractor claw to get a better grip.

In case this disease is, somehow, contagious (And, I swear, some days it appears to be.) I've now quarantined my G-19, and will no longer keep it in the gun safe right next to my two flawless performing G-21's!

ADDED: I'm going to add something else to this discussion: I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that the vertical height of the slide cutout in my G-19 is (or has to be) different from the original (slightly smaller) slide cutouts on older Glocks. I suspect that even a very slight difference of as little as .001" will cause sufficient vertical extractor, 'wobble' to cause erratically held case rims to come flying back at your face.

If any extractor is going to really work then I think it just might have to be final polished and fitted into place. In other words: The more vertical play between the extractor and the slide cutout in which it moves, the more permanent this annoying problem is going to be. (Or, at least, this is my latest theory!)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-26-2012 at 07:45..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:49   #45
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
got a 30rd ammo can full of 9mm NATO ball to test the thing out on!
No no no......You should be using 115gr Federal champion.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51   #46
Doughnutman_923

Send a message via Yahoo to Doughnutman_923
So, pretty much...... the price of a 9mm Glock just went up $60?

Because that's what I'm thinking. Unless you happen to get one that works. After my experience, I would rather buy a better pistol.

I have gotten to the point, when I see a Glock in another officer's holster, I feel little unease. But that's just me.

Maybe things will get better...
Old 09-26-2012, 08:01   #47
PAGunner

I changed platforms over this problem. Too bad all the Kool aid drinking fanboys didn't do that from day one, cause if they did erratic ejection would have been long since fixed.

I'm glad they didn't however, I love the way my M&Ps feel in my hand and perform. I could never go back to the akward angled block grip.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:22   #48
J.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
I changed platforms over this problem. Too bad all the Kool aid drinking fanboys didn't do that from day one, cause if they did erratic ejection would have been long since fixed.

I'm glad they didn't however, I love the way my M&Ps feel in my hand and perform. I could never go back to the akward angled block grip.
Maybe you should be President, I mean you seem to have everything figured out.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:37   #49
GPBob

Good luck with the LWD extractor. I tried that solution, too. It didn't work all that well for me; but, maybe, it will for you. [/QUOTE]

Was it at least better than with the OEM extractor?
Out of all the different extractors you've tried, which one gave the best ejection? The double feed I got had the case flipped over and facing me and parallel to the next bullet trying to feed. This was with Aguila ammo 124gr FMJ.

Most of the Speer Gold Dot 124 +Ps I shot ejected straight up into the air.

Out of the 50 rounds of Federal white box FMJ ammo I bought from the range, 10 hit me in the forehead with one taking a chip out of the lens of my prescription glasses.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13   #50
Glock2336
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLo View Post
60 bucks does it come with a box of WWB or Tula...

No, but their extractor had no problems with those rounds. UMC on the other hand I'd rather flush down the toilet...
Old 09-26-2012, 10:15   #51
Glock2336
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post

I did not try Federal Champion but I did try many others...

General Glocking
Old 09-26-2012, 10:18   #52
brickboy240

People are paying 100 bucks plus to get a decent trigger on their M&Ps...60 bucks to cure your 9mm Glock ejection is not bad.

Besides, Apex actually tested very heavily, their extractor before releasing it...unlike Glock with the MIM dip extractor. Also, the Glock extractor is a fairly complex part to machine out of bar stock. The cost reflects that.

Also, if you (like me) have done nothing to your Glock...paying 60 bucks for something that fixes this problem is NOT a huge expense. I will probably lose almost that in trading or selling the thing. I'd rather try this first.

-brickboy240
Old 09-26-2012, 10:26   #53
Glock2336
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
People are paying 100 bucks plus to get a decent trigger on their M&Ps...60 bucks to cure your 9mm Glock ejection is not bad.

Besides, Apex actually tested very heavily, their extractor before releasing it...unlike Glock with the MIM dip extractor. Also, the Glock extractor is a fairly complex part to machine out of bar stock. The cost reflects that.

Also, if you (like me) have done nothing to your Glock...paying 60 bucks for something that fixes this problem is NOT a huge expense. I will probably lose almost that in trading or selling the thing. I'd rather try this first.

-brickboy240
Some issues that have been encountered are:
Terrible triggers, early unlocking causing precision problems, magazine springs binding, failures to fire and even failure to extract for some 9mm's.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:31   #54
JBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
People are paying 100 bucks plus to get a decent trigger on their M&Ps...60 bucks to cure your 9mm Glock ejection is not bad.-brickboy240
And the XDm pilots are paying 145.00 for PRP triggers to get a decent trigger in their XD/Ms because a fluff and buff does not cut it.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
Old 09-26-2012, 10:41   #55
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
I've toyed with this, too. Originally, I thought that faster slide speed might improve things. What I've, since, found out is that it only speeds everything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBob View Post
Quote:
Good luck with the LWD extractor. I tried that solution, too. It didn't work all that well for me; but, maybe, it will for you.
Was it at least better than with the OEM extractor?
Out of all the different extractors you've tried, which one gave the best ejection? The double feed I got had the case flipped over and facing me and parallel to the next bullet trying to feed. This was with Aguila ammo 124gr FMJ.

Most of the Speer Gold Dot 124 +Ps I shot ejected straight up into the air.

Out of the 50 rounds of Federal white box FMJ ammo I bought from the range, 10 hit me in the forehead with one taking a chip out of the lens of my prescription glasses.
You were quoting me, right?

No, I didn't notice any improvement, at all, with the LWD extractor. In fact, it was worse. I tried using this extractor with both LCI and non-LCI 9mm SLB's, as well as an LCI 40 caliber SLB. Results were, disappointingly, about the same.

So far the best ejection has come from a standard OEM Glock LCI extractor fitted with a non-LCI SLB. Second best extraction has come from a standard OEM Glock LCI extractor backed up to a White Sound Defense, EDP rod. I got a 2% failure rate with the former combination; and a 6 or 7% failure rate with the White Sound device.

As you can see I'm not having an horrendous problem with my G-19; but, then again, it only takes one red hot casing in the eye to ruin you day!

In your particular situation I suspect that either the extractor claw is extraordinarily loose, or the recoil guide rod might, also, be involved. I'm presently on my 4th 9mm extractor; and I should, probably, add that I only use Wolff Gunsprings' guide rods and springs. (They're only for [up to] 3rd gen Glocks and provide very smooth slide movement.)

I've got a 40 caliber extractor and another SLB coming from Glockmeister in the mail. The only two things I have left to test now are (1) the use of a 40 caliber extractor, and (2) the replacement of the original #336 ejector with a new #30274 ejector. If I'm not able to get 100% reliable operation out of either of these combinations then, as much as it hurts, I'm going to be carrying either a CZ or an M&P. (Probably a CZ, 'Shadow'!)

Today I even went so far as to call my old friends at Smyrna Tech Support. Seven minutes on hold with no one picking up my, 'important phone call'. (Which is, I suppose, better than getting lied to, again.) Right now, I'm almost done with this crap.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-26-2012 at 10:48..
Old 09-26-2012, 10:45   #56
Glock2336
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS View Post
And the XDm pilots are paying 145.00 for PRP triggers to get a decent trigger in their XD/Ms because a fluff and buff does not cut it.

Plus shipping
Old 09-26-2012, 10:46   #57
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post

Did you ever buy a newer one & test it for yourself?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52   #58
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
ADDED: I'm going to add something else to this discussion: I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that the vertical height of the slide cutout in my G-19 is (or has to be) different from the original (slightly smaller) slide cutouts on older Glocks. I suspect that even a very slight difference of as little as .001" will cause sufficient vertical extractor, 'wobble' to cause erratically held case rims to come flying back at your face.
That is an interesting theory, and you could very well be on to something. Another theory as well, is the ejection port dimensions, there is a great deal of good information here:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92447
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01   #59
Made in Austria

I am not a fan of the lowering the ejection port theory. But, I must say it's a good business idea of him.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:09   #60
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
I am not a fan of the lowering the ejection port theory. But, I must say it's a good business idea of him.

Just curious but can you please explain why not a fan?
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!

Closed Thread