SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-24-2012, 19:37   #21
knedrgr

That's a hell of a gun. Congrats.
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:42   #22
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Congrats! My MCO was my mythic beast for a long time. I finally got one and it definitely susrpassed my expectations. Certainly the nicest 1911 I've had up to that price point. I have been using CMC 8 rd mags with bumpers and they have run flawlessly. Take that thing out and enjoy the hell out of it.
CA_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 00:28   #23
catalyst686

Anyone have suggestions on anything I need to tweak or upgrade? I've been admiring the fit and finish on this gun since I got it, I plan on shooting it this weekend. I'm totally new to 1911's so forgive me if some of the questions sound dumb, I've noticed it's pretty hard to rack the slide if the hammer is not back, and the thumb safety requires quite a bit amount of force to engage, (pretty smooth and easy to disengage), I'm just wondering if it'll get easier to rack the slide if the hammer is not down, and disengage the thumb safety, after I put a few hundred threw her. My last question, I know about the "idiot mark" that one can make on their 1911, after I stripped her and oiled it up, I noticed it was pretty difficult to get the slide stop back in without having to press that detent in pretty dang hard with my fingernail, is there any easier way to go about this?

Last edited by catalyst686; 09-26-2012 at 00:39..
catalyst686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 00:41   #24
nastytrigger
Mediocre Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst686 View Post
Anyone have suggestions on anything I need to tweak or upgrade? I've been admiring the fit and finish on this gun since I got it, I plan on shooting it this weekend. I'm totally new to 1911's so forgive me if some of the questions sound dumb, I've noticed it's pretty hard to rack the slide if the hammer is not back, and the thumb safety requires quite a bit amount of force to engage, (pretty smooth and easy to disengage), I'm just wondering if it'll get easier to rack the slide if the hammer is not down, and disengage the thumb safety, after I put a few hundred threw her.
Pretty typical experiences. My SA was and is still pretty tight to rack when the hammers not cocked.

As for the thumb safety, engaging the safety will be somewhat tighter than disengaging. Definite clicks heard going into both positions?

It'll all slightly loosen over time.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:55   #25
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Anyone have suggestions on anything I need to tweak or upgrade? I've been admiring the fit and finish on this gun since I got it, I plan on shooting it this weekend. I'm totally new to 1911's so forgive me if some of the questions sound dumb, I've noticed it's pretty hard to rack the slide if the hammer is not back, and the thumb safety requires quite a bit amount of force to engage, (pretty smooth and easy to disengage), I'm just wondering if it'll get easier to rack the slide if the hammer is not down, and disengage the thumb safety, after I put a few hundred threw her. My last question, I know about the "idiot mark" that one can make on their 1911, after I stripped her and oiled it up, I noticed it was pretty difficult to get the slide stop back in without having to press that detent in pretty dang hard with my fingernail, is there any easier way to go about this?
Upgrade? Nothing needed on the Mc Operator

Slide stop back in place. I use my Glock take down tool to press the detent pin to lock the slide stop back in place. With the the Glock tool, I can easily avoid the "idiot mark" on the frame.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:51   #26
ColdBlooded

I recently purchased a new MC Operator, and I love it. However, I also had two annoyances.

I also had trouble reinstalling my slide stop, as the plunger must be depressed before three slide stop will seat.

One other thing I noticed was when operating the thumb safety, from weak side, it will hang up about 3/4 of the way and give false feedback indicating I have disengaged the safety. It requires either a much stronger depression than is required by the strong side, or it will bind. I was hoping it would smooth out, but has not over the last few weeks.

Otherwise, it has been great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III.
Old 09-26-2012, 14:03   #27
catalyst686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBlooded View Post
I recently purchased a new MC Operator, and I love it. However, I also had two annoyances.

I also had trouble reinstalling my slide stop, as the plunger must be depressed before three slide stop will seat.

One other thing I noticed was when operating the thumb safety, from weak side, it will hang up about 3/4 of the way and give false feedback indicating I have disengaged the safety. It requires either a much stronger depression than is required by the strong side, or it will bind. I was hoping it would smooth out, but has not over the last few weeks.

Otherwise, it has been great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III.

I know exactly what you're talking about with the false feedback. I noticed when disengaging the safety, if it is not done quickly, I get a little bit of a gritty feeling, I noticed my left thumb, when in the thumbs forwards position on the gun, sits higher than I would like on this gun, which sometimes interferes with disengaging the safety properly. I know the issue is because I've never had a gun with a larger thumb safety like this 1911, I'll be able to fix this issue with a little bit of muscle memory training.

Last edited by catalyst686; 09-26-2012 at 14:04..
Old 09-28-2012, 17:20   #28
porschedog

I've got the same slide lock reinstall issue on my Range Officer - I think it's a 1911 thing

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 17:01   #29
catalyst686

Took her to the range today, all I can say is wow! I shoot it more accurately than my G19 which I have tons of practice with. My friend I went shooting with, along with myself, agree that it feels less snappy compared to our polymer frame 9mm pistols. I honestly was not expecting the gun to have such little recoil. I love the groups I was producing. I'm really glad I got this gun, its for sure my favorite!
Old 09-29-2012, 17:38   #30
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Took her to the range today, all I can say is wow! I shoot it more accurately than my G19 which I have tons of practice with. My friend I went shooting with, along with myself, agree that it feels less snappy compared to our polymer frame 9mm pistols. I honestly was not expecting the gun to have such little recoil. I love the groups I was producing. I'm really glad I got this gun, its for sure my favorite!
Welcome to the world of 1911s!

The first time I shot one I was like "Whoa, I'm a pretty decent shot!"
Old 09-29-2012, 17:51   #31
catalyst686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Welcome to the world of 1911s!

The first time I shot one I was like "Whoa, I'm a pretty decent shot!"

No kidding, yea, I can see myself getting into an "accuracy" phase now, haha
Old 09-30-2012, 05:31   #32
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

The 230 grain Golden Sabers shoot great out of the Mc Operator.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:27   #33
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Excellent choice for entering the realm of 1911.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31   #34
ThatGuyDave

Beautiful! Much jealousy over here!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2