Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-19-2012, 20:07   #1
gsdrulz

Gsg 1911-22 ??

Dose any one know how to keep the last pin in from the muzzle? Not the Threaded one or the slide stop one the last one. So far I've lost one around the 1k rds mark after cleaning it. $12.50 later I got another one sent from ATI . Then today after I shot 500 rds it fell out again luckily I found it. I would like to keep this gun but if this problem keeps up its gotta go.

Thanks
gsdrulz
Old 09-20-2012, 17:06   #2
Unk

I will probably be no help but will try..I have the SIG 1922 version. If you are NOT talking about the threaded screw with the hex socket, must be the FIXING PIN [not threaded and no slot or socket]. The FP is removed from the RIGHT to the LEFT and would therefore be reinstalled from the LEFT to the RIGHT and when installed the LEFT side is COVERED by the slide stop.

If you are talking about the threaded screw with the hex socket, just put it in SNUG but not gorilla strong. Before I bought my pistol I asked on another forum about whether it should be BLUE LOCTITED- the answer was not necessary, just snug and check.

If none of this is helpful call ATI, they are supposed to be responsive.

Best
Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 17:57   #3
ARP

I think you nailed it

I don't have the gun in front of me but I think it is next to impossible for the pin to back out unless you have the head of the pin installed on the right side. When installed with the head behind the slide stop, no way it can back out.

I learned how to field strip the gun from a video on youtube. Find it, review it and pay close attention as to how the guy disassembles the gun and reassembles. Makes a lot of sense then. I kinda look at it with this, we would have heard about this type of failure rather soon should it have been rampant. Yours is the first I have ever heard of.

I really like the GSG 1911 .22lr. Mine is sometimes a little tempormental with ammo, I'm still trying to figure out which flavor it likes best or do I have a mag problem.
ARP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 15:57   #4
Kahrslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
I don't have the gun in front of me but I think it is next to impossible for the pin to back out unless you have the head of the pin installed on the right side. When installed with the head behind the slide stop, no way it can back out.

I learned how to field strip the gun from a video on youtube. Find it, review it and pay close attention as to how the guy disassembles the gun and reassembles. Makes a lot of sense then. I kinda look at it with this, we would have heard about this type of failure rather soon should it have been rampant. Yours is the first I have ever heard of.

I really like the GSG 1911 .22lr. Mine is sometimes a little tempormental with ammo, I'm still trying to figure out which flavor it likes best or do I have a mag problem.

I have the Sig model and I use Thunderbolts in it and have no real issues with it.. Chews them up all day and at under $2 per 50...
Kahrslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30   #5
gsdrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
I will probably be no help but will try..I have the SIG 1922 version. If you are NOT talking about the threaded screw with the hex socket, must be the FIXING PIN [not threaded and no slot or socket]. The FP is removed from the RIGHT to the LEFT and would therefore be reinstalled from the LEFT to the RIGHT and when installed the LEFT side is COVERED by the slide stop.

If you are talking about the threaded screw with the hex socket, just put it in SNUG but not gorilla strong. Before I bought my pistol I asked on another forum about whether it should be BLUE LOCTITED- the answer was not necessary, just snug and check.

If none of this is helpful call ATI, they are supposed to be responsive.

Best
Thanks that is what I was looking for. The ATI rep that I talked to said it was not that uncommon to send out that pin. Can only thing that maybe they should make the districtions a little more clear if that really the case.