GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 07:56   #26
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
LOL Practice makes perfect. A 3 minute exhibition is not really going to be considered the "Best" he can offer. You can hope you're first time out of the gate is going to be this spectacular triumph of sexual prowess... but it's spectacularly unlikely.

You seem to put forth the idea that once you've had sex... you are no longer at your best. How so?
I won't buy a car without a test drive and I'm only gonna keep it a few years at most, just sayin.
__________________
A broad brush paints a lousy picture, lacking the nuance and details of life's realities. As a young man my paints were black and white, with age came a palette holding many shades of gray.
dbcooper is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43   #27
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
All you have to do to be saved is accept Christ as your personal savior. That is the current view of the majority of Christians in this nation. You think you know better? You're a better Christian than they? That's what they think of you too.
That's just the Salvation by Grace crowd. IIRC, Catholics believe you have to be baptised. Then you go to Purgatory until you atone for your unforgiven sins. That may be a very long or very short time depending on how you lived your life. After that you go to Heaven.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:12   #28
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That's just the Salvation by Grace crowd. IIRC, Catholics believe you have to be baptised. Then you go to Purgatory until you atone for your unforgiven sins. That may be a very long or very short time depending on how you lived your life. After that you go to Heaven.
See... mainstream Christianity is easier.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13   #29
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
No, it is not. You'd better re-assess your sources of information.
Yes it is.

But never the less... prove Christ isn't in league with the Devil. That he is giving people a different path other than what God intended in the original covenant.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-20-2012 at 09:15..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24   #30
SPIN2010
Searching ...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the move ... again!
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
LOL Practice makes perfect. A 3 minute exhibition is not really going to be considered the "Best" he can offer. You can hope you're first time out of the gate is going to be this spectacular triumph of sexual prowess... but it's spectacularly unlikely.

You seem to put forth the idea that once you've had sex... you are no longer at your best. How so?
Well, think of it like this:

How many diseases out there in the sexual realm are ones that you cannot give back? Quite a few.

What a nice wedding gift?
SPIN2010 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40   #31
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Well, think of it like this:

How many diseases out there in the sexual realm are ones that you cannot give back? Quite a few.

What a nice wedding gift?
And you're guaranteed to get them if you have sex before marriage? You can't be smart and safe and avoid them? Am I the only lucky one? Oh Lawdy Lawdy!

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-20-2012 at 09:40..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 10:22   #32
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,329


Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie454 View Post
"proof" is a far too strong of a statement. Read up a little more on this "find". There is a lot of skepticism among religious and archaelogical experts that this is authentic. Also, this "document" (for lack of a better description) is said to be dated 200 years after Jesus' death. All it "proves" is that someone 200 years later stated that Jesus was married. If I write an article about George Washington stating he was homosexual and someone finds a scrap of it 1000 years from now, does that "prove" that George Washington was gay?
This is exactly the point that we (atheists) have been trying to make about the bible since day one on this forum. Even Paul's earliest work was only about 50AD.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now  
Old 09-20-2012, 12:00   #33
Schabesbert
Senior Member
 
Schabesbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Posts: 10,616


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Yes it is.
I understand. Ignorance is bliss, and you are determined to remain blissful.
__________________
He is no fool who exchanges that which he cannot keep for that which he can never lose.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 12:11   #34
SPIN2010
Searching ...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the move ... again!
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
And you're guaranteed to get them if you have sex before marriage? You can't be smart and safe and avoid them? Am I the only lucky one? Oh Lawdy Lawdy!

I think that logic states it all.
SPIN2010 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 13:02   #35
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
I understand. Ignorance is bliss, and you are determined to remain blissful.
So nothing to offer other than "You don't know!". LOL. I accept you're surrender. Run along now.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-20-2012 at 13:05..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 13:04   #36
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
I think that logic states it all.
It actually does. Your premise is that if you have premarital sex you're bound to get diseases. This is incorrect. There are ways of being safely promiscuous... trust me... I practice them regularly.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 13:07   #37
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
See... mainstream Christianity is easier.
The Southern Baptists take it a step farther. They believe that once you're saved, you're always saved. Just publicly say you're a Christian and you're in.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 13:15   #38
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
LOL Practice makes perfect. A 3 minute exhibition is not really going to be considered the "Best" he can offer. You can hope you're first time out of the gate is going to be this spectacular triumph of sexual prowess... but it's spectacularly unlikely.

You seem to put forth the idea that once you've had sex... you are no longer at your best. How so?
If you get in a 747 to fly across the ocean and you ask your pilot, "How many times have you done this?", do you want him to say, This is my first time to fly anything", or do you want him to say, "I don't remember, I do it all the time."?
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 13:20   #39
ArrowJ
Senior Member
 
ArrowJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
The Southern Baptists take it a step farther. They believe that once you're saved, you're always saved. Just publicly say you're a Christian and you're in.
That is an oversimplification, but it has been a problem: http://highcaliberguns.com/2007/05/02/the-magic-prayer/


http://highcaliberguns.com
http://thesitterdowners.com

Last edited by ArrowJ; 09-20-2012 at 13:20..
ArrowJ is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 14:02   #40
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
The Southern Baptists take it a step farther. They believe that once you're saved, you're always saved. Just publicly say you're a Christian and you're in.
LOL yeah, I have a friend that told me I'm still going to heaven because I was saved before I stopped believing. Once saved always saved. Even though I reject the faith completely. So I guess I'm golden if that's true. I get to have my cake and eat it too.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 14:03   #41
bowtie454
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Are we discarding everything written after Jesus' death? Because that doesn't leave a whole lot to work with.
"after Jesus' death" is a pretty large time span. My point is that this is a single, uncorroborated document written over 100 years after anyone who ever lived during Jesus' lifetime had died. On its own, it is "proof" of nothing.
bowtie454 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 14:28   #42
Schabesbert
Senior Member
 
Schabesbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Posts: 10,616


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
So nothing to offer other than "You don't know!". LOL. I accept you're surrender. Run along now.
What I've said is that you're wrong, and that you're determined to stay that way, reason and facts notwithstanding. You want to consider that a surrender, then feel free. Stay in your blissful (i.e., ignorance is bliss) state if you find it necessary for your mental well-being.
__________________
He is no fool who exchanges that which he cannot keep for that which he can never lose.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 14:48   #43
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
What I've said is that you're wrong, and that you're determined to stay that way, reason and facts notwithstanding. You want to consider that a surrender, then feel free. Stay in your blissful (i.e., ignorance is bliss) state if you find it necessary for your mental well-being.
Saying I'm wrong proves nothing. In fact it is tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming la la la la la la la. If you have something to offer up please do. Otherwise your childish... "Nah Uh" is noted and rejected.

I have to say that you and that green manischewitz guy are the two hardest people with whom to have a discussion I've met so far in here. You just proclaim yourselves to be correct and offer up very little to nothing in evidence of it. And you both seem to prefer the "I know you are but what am I?" approach.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-20-2012 at 14:51..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 15:47   #44
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Saying I'm wrong proves nothing. In fact it is tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming la la la la la la la. If you have something to offer up please do. Otherwise your childish... "Nah Uh" is noted and rejected.
Funny you should mention that. Do something none of the other little resident zombies do here: research. Look back on the last 100 remarks from Animal Mother, and you will see the essence of your above quote as AM's typical answer in at least 85% of the time.


Scary...
Tilley is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 17:32   #45
Schabesbert
Senior Member
 
Schabesbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Posts: 10,616


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Saying I'm wrong proves nothing. In fact it is tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming la la la la la la la. If you have something to offer up please do. Otherwise your childish... "Nah Uh" is noted and rejected.
Actually, it proves at least as much as your assertion.
You asserted something without any evidence to back it up. I'm saying that you're wrong. Please provide some evidence that you are correct.

Quote:
I have to say that you and that green manischewitz guy are the two hardest people with whom to have a discussion I've met so far in here.
Yeah, I guess you're used to discussing things in an echo chamber. When your assertions are challenged, you have a difficult time. Noted.
__________________
He is no fool who exchanges that which he cannot keep for that which he can never lose.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 18:06   #46
Schabesbert
Senior Member
 
Schabesbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Posts: 10,616


I'll do what you're unable to ... provide some evidence.


In the US, the various protestant denominations’ populations are:


Baptist 38,662,005
Pentecostal 13,673,149
Lutheran 7,860,683
Presbyterian 5,844,855
Methodist 5,473,129
Anglican 2,323,100
Adventist 2,203,600
Holiness 2,123,602
Other 1,366,678


According to that same article, there are over 67million Catholics

In the list above, Baptists, Pentecostals (most), Presbyterians, Holiness (maybe), and “Other” (maybe) believe as you claim Christians believe.
See, for instance, various beliefs compared on “Can Salvation Be Lost?
… which is an even more stringent belief than you’re proposing doesn’t exist, since if salvation can be lost then it isn’t quite the easy salvation that you wrongly claim Christians believe.

That means that, being generous, 55,825,434 protestants support your theory, and 17,860,512 do not. However, add to that the 67million Catholics, and we show that you are wrong by quite a large margin: 84,860,512 to 55,825,434.

If you want to talk about Christians Worldwide, you are even more wrong.
__________________
He is no fool who exchanges that which he cannot keep for that which he can never lose.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 22:12   #47
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie454 View Post
"after Jesus' death" is a pretty large time span.
About 2000 years at this point.
Quote:
My point is that this is a single, uncorroborated document written over 100 years after anyone who ever lived during Jesus' lifetime had died. On its own, it is "proof" of nothing.
My point is that we don't have any examples of any works about Jesus that are older than this fragment, so if you object to it shouldn't you also object to all the other works?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 22:13   #48
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
I'll do what you're unable to ... provide some evidence.


In the US, the various protestant denominations’ populations are:


Baptist 38,662,005
Pentecostal 13,673,149
Lutheran 7,860,683
Presbyterian 5,844,855
Methodist 5,473,129
Anglican 2,323,100
Adventist 2,203,600
Holiness 2,123,602
Other 1,366,678


According to that same article, there are over 67million Catholics

In the list above, Baptists, Pentecostals (most), Presbyterians, Holiness (maybe), and “Other” (maybe) believe as you claim Christians believe.
See, for instance, various beliefs compared on “Can Salvation Be Lost?
… which is an even more stringent belief than you’re proposing doesn’t exist, since if salvation can be lost then it isn’t quite the easy salvation that you wrongly claim Christians believe.

That means that, being generous, 55,825,434 protestants support your theory, and 17,860,512 do not. However, add to that the 67million Catholics, and we show that you are wrong by quite a large margin: 84,860,512 to 55,825,434.

If you want to talk about Christians Worldwide, you are even more wrong.
Is Biblical and religious truth based on popularity of the dogma?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 22:33   #49
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,329


Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie454 View Post
"after Jesus' death" is a pretty large time span. My point is that this is a single, uncorroborated document written over 100 years after anyone who ever lived during Jesus' lifetime had died. On its own, it is "proof" of nothing.
Yeah, but there is quite a bit in the new testament written later than that which is considered cannon.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now  
Old 09-20-2012, 22:57   #50
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Funny you should mention that. Do something none of the other little resident zombies do here: research. Look back on the last 100 remarks from Animal Mother, and you will see the essence of your above quote as AM's typical answer in at least 85% of the time.


Scary...
Also, False.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,362
397 Members
965 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42