SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:05   #176
Stang_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSA70 View Post
Right now I'm watching the news have a field day on Romney and his remarks on the deadbeat 47%, latinos, and African Americans.
I don't think he mentioned race anywhere in there.

There are freeloaders in EVERY race
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09   #177
AgentM79
Platinum Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by g29andy View Post
Freeloaders are killing this country. When freeloaders become the majority, there will never be a chance to right the ship at the ballot box, only by revolt (hence the gun control push)

47% isn't far from majority.
Well-spoken!! Let's pray it doesn't come to any of that.
Smith & Wesson 13-2, 16-3, 36, 66-3, 681-3, 3000
Tactical Shotgun Club Member #3000
AgentM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:25   #178
Deerjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
Mitt spoke the truth. It's so rare for a politician to speak the truth that the MSM is befuddled by it.
Exactly!
Deerjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:12   #179
hd67xlch

why Im not voting for Mitt

Ive busted my ***** for 30 years worked to make a good life for me and my family, paid way more than my fair share of taxes, have never voted anything but GOP, but Ive had it. Its not that I like Obama, I dont, its those tax figures Romney released this week, he paid less than 15% on almost 14 million in income, well I dont make near 14 million, but do make enough to be in a 25% tax bracket, and yes this pisses me off. Now Im not naive and know that the super rich have been doing this with taxes forever, and that they are following the tax laws, but it still pisses me off. Im not saying Im voting Obama, but am saying its not right, and I will not support Romney for this reason.

later

I
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21   #180
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd67xlch View Post
Ive busted my ***** for 30 years worked to make a good life for me and my family, paid way more than my fair share of taxes, have never voted anything but GOP, but Ive had it. Its not that I like Obama, I dont, its those tax figures Romney released this week, he paid less than 15% on almost 14 million in income, well I dont make near 14 million, but do make enough to be in a 25% tax bracket, and yes this pisses me off. Now Im not naive and know that the super rich have been doing this with taxes forever, and that they are following the tax laws, but it still pisses me off. Im not saying Im voting Obama, but am saying its not right, and I will not support Romney for this reason.

later

I

Where you are wrong.

Romney paid mostly CAPITAL GAINS tax; not income tax. All capital gains are taxed at 15%. If you have interest income from the bank that you declare, that is capital gains. If you sell stock, that is capital gains.

And I suspect that even if you are in the 25% bracket, you likely paid about 15% of you total income. The bracket is determined AFTER deduction. So take your BEFORE TAX and BEFORE DEDUCTION income and compare the amount of tax you paid to those numbers to get an accurate comparison to what percentage Mitt paid.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:33   #181
hd67xlch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Where you are wrong.

Romney paid mostly CAPITAL GAINS tax; not income tax. All capital gains are taxed at 15%. If you have interest income from the bank that you declare, that is capital gains. If you sell stock, that is capital gains.

And I suspect that even if you are in the 25% bracket, you likely paid about 15% of you total income. The bracket is determined AFTER deduction. So take your BEFORE TAX and BEFORE DEDUCTION income and compare the amount of tax you paid to those numbers to get an accurate comparison to what percentage Mitt paid.
Im fully aware of what capital gains taxes are, I pay them on stocks I sell. Im also a 50 year old white male with a 50 year old white wife, with no children living at home, and no mortgage, so basically we have no deductions worth noting, so I do pay the 25% tax.

later
Old 09-23-2012, 10:49   #182
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:

later

I
Old 09-23-2012, 10:52   #183
jdavionic
NRA Member

This is a war for power. The tape release is just another small battle. It was out there for some time and kept hidden until the time was right. I have to expect that it's one of many. The GOP is not used to Chicago politics. They better learn quickly.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:38   #184
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

later

I
His 2011 tax return is on his web site. It shows $9,007,709 in taxable income and $1,935,708 in taxes, so that's more like 21.5%. Naturally, it sounds like a bigger deal if you use his AGI, which includes income that is tax exempt and leaves out his deductions.
http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure...wmr-adr-return
Aside from that, see DanaT's note, above - Romney's income was mostly capital gains. The people making a big deal about him paying 15% KNOW that capital gains and eligible dividends are taxed at 15%, at the highest, for everybody rich enough to pay more than the much lower percentages mom and pop pay on a few shares of walmart stock. Those people are trying to BS you into thinking he gets around paying taxes because he's rich. He got around paying more in taxes because he wasn't earning an income - 100% of his taxes were on interest, dividends and sales of stock he owned.

By the way, that 15% tax rate was based on a reduction from the Bush years that Obama signed an extension of in 2010. So, ironically, the man who gave him the 15% tax rate is now trying to use it against him. Mitt Romney followed the tax laws we made for him. Why would he pay more than the United States decided he has to pay? He wasn't even part of the government that made the laws. Did you throw anything extra in with what you owed on your income last year?

Here's a nother perspective:
Mitt Romney v. Welfare recipient John Smith - who do you think uses more services from the government, paid for with tax dollars? Welfare/food stamp, police, military protection, public facilities, medicaid, etc.? In each category, John Smith is using more services than Mitt Romney, yet he paid nothing in taxes and may have even got an earned income bonus back, over and above any taxes he paid in during the year. Mitt Romney paid almost $2,000,000 to support those same programs, but I'll bet he doesn't have a food stamp or meeidcal card and I'll bet the police hardly ever have to answer a call at his house. Yet you think it's unfair that MItt Romney didn't pay even more than $1,935,708 for the exact same entitlement to services that John Smith gets paid to accept. How much did you pay for your share of the government services Romney paid nearly $2 million for? Are you sure about that claim that you always voted GOP?

The end result of your decision is - one vote for Obama will go unanswered by a potential vote for Romney. Thanks for supporting Obama.

Last edited by Bren; 09-23-2012 at 12:53..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:44   #185
tog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
OH ... I'm sorry. Did I upset the balance of lifelong NRA/right wingers? Didn't mean to. I didn't even think about political affliations when I joined this club. Just thought it would be interesting to socialize with other Glockers.

Much to my suprise did I find a forum filled with Conservative minded/Obama-bashers.

liberty loving anti statists thank you
tog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:45   #186
tog

Quote:

later

I
whiny babies like you trying to drag others down instead of just doing what YOU need to are THE prime example of the free**** army that is killing this country

you might not be a part of it---but you voting for statist scumbags like obama allow it
tog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:49   #187
aspartz

One of the few things that Romney has said that I agree with, and the GOP is running away from it. Is there any wonder the fiscal conservatives are running from the GOP?

ARS
Old 09-23-2012, 13:07   #188
Chris Brines

Quote:
Right now I'm watching the news have a field day on Romney and his remarks on the deadbeat 47%, latinos, and African Americans.

Even conservatives have stated he has blown it

He'd better come out swinging on this or he is done
Blown it my a**. He made a perfectly rational statement. He never mentioned any minority groups that I heard...maybe I didn't hear his whole statement, but I didn't hear him say the word "Latinos/AA's" at all. What he said is the truth. He'll neither gain nor lose any support for that remark. I actually have a little more respect for him now. And some current polls show them tied at 50/50.

Last edited by Chris Brines; 09-23-2012 at 13:08..
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 13:15   #189
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Yes. Everyone please encourage Mitt Romney to continue campaigning on his 47% remarks. It will help offset the number of [D] voters lost due to the Voter ID laws.
Old 09-23-2012, 13:27   #190
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

^^^Added to ignore list.

I love that feature.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 13:33   #191
Averageman

Quote:
Yes. Everyone please encourage Mitt Romney to continue campaigning on his 47% remarks. It will help offset the number of [D] voters lost due to the Voter ID laws.
The modern equilivant of Jim Crow Laws aren't the Republicans demanding voter ID.
The Jim Crow Equilivant is Democrats stuffing the ballot boxes with illeagle votes again and again.
This nullifies every legitimate vote by U.S. Citizens and they justify it with the race card.
Getting people off public assistance and in to a paying job with a living wage isn't going to be accomplished by President Obama. It hasn't worked in three years and four more wont fix it.
You can't control people who are economically not dependant on a hand-out to feed their kids.

Last edited by Averageman; 09-23-2012 at 13:36..
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 14:47   #192
Dawolf

The truth is the truth. FDR did what B.O. is doing, with well over 10% unemployment, but was giving out handouts like candy on Halloween.
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 14:54   #193
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
The modern equilivant of Jim Crow Laws aren't the Republicans demanding voter ID.
The Jim Crow Equilivant is Democrats stuffing the ballot boxes with illeagle votes again and again.
This nullifies every legitimate vote by U.S. Citizens and they justify it with the race card.
Getting people off public assistance and in to a paying job with a living wage isn't going to be accomplished by President Obama. It hasn't worked in three years and four more wont fix it.
You can't control people who are economically not dependant on a hand-out to feed their kids.
You can try to rationalize that the best way you know how. It's obvious, the R's are very disingenious with their concerns of voter fraud and prevention.

This particular thread is about whether or not Mitt Romney's 47% remark (and other 'off the cuff' revealations) have cost him the election.

Calculating the net loss of D's turned away by Voter ID, plus the net gain of I's turned away by Mitt's insensitivity divided by the sum of R's who never really turned toward this Massechuettes Moderate = BHO gets another turn.
Old 09-23-2012, 15:16   #194
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Quote:

later

I

You may be in the 25% tax bracket, but it's progressive. Take your fed tax and divide it by you gross income. Now where ya at?
Old 09-23-2012, 15:45   #195
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:

Even conservatives have stated he has blown it

He'd better come out swinging on this or he is done
All he did was speak truth, and people are afraid of the truth.
Old 09-23-2012, 17:05   #196
kswiss2783

I don't want either of those clowns to win.
kswiss2783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 17:35   #197
Chris Brines

Not wanting to vote for Romney is understandable. Not wanting to vote for Romney, but WANTING to vote for Obama, is beyond baffling, it's just downright STUPID.
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 17:42   #198
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

Quote:

later

I
Please, please please don't vote foe Barack Abominable.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 17:43   #199
Providence

I'm actually growing more fond of Romney/Ryan. They don't want the level of freedom I want, but this week helped me like them better. I really liked both "mis-statements."

I think this election will come down to who votes. That's why we are being told that Romney/Ryan have no chance. Whoever gets out the vote wins.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 18:11   #200
Averageman

Quote:
You can try to rationalize that the best way you know how. It's obvious, the R's are very disingenious with their concerns of voter fraud and prevention.

This particular thread is about whether or not Mitt Romney's 47% remark (and other 'off the cuff' revealations) have cost him the election.
Well, you brought up the voter fraud issue first; I was just addressing your comment.

Calculating the net loss of D's turned away by Voter ID, plus the net gain of I's turned away by Mitt's insensitivity divided by the sum of R's who never really turned toward this Massechuettes Moderate = BHO gets another turn.
I would say that the MSM is working hard to get four more years for Obama.
Republicans are going to vote Republican regardless. The Moderate vote is what is important in this election.
If telling the truth about the 47% makes any difference, it shows Romney and Ryan are serious about getting our fiscal house in order. I think many undecided people see that much more responcable than a President who has no budget and no foreign policy.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote