Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-27-2012, 15:50   #326
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Either pay me my money or give me my benefits. I'm supposed to feel guilty about that??
I spent your money on a car. The really good thing is if you buy it lichtenstien, you can drive one year without taxes as long as you export it. After 6 months is it considered in taxable personal property and can be imported into the USA without duty. You have one year to license an out of country car in the USA and don't have to pay taxes.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 15:52   #327
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I have figured out how to get the govt to by me a Carrera 4S on your dime. It all starts with being indigent and disabled. Then the govt just gives you money. They key here is earn all your money off shore and have no income in the USA. Then just use off shore ATM cards with small withdrawals. When gman shows up for the large purchases you show him bank statements where the cash came from and they gave it to you. Then just claim to eat ramen noodles.

But trew, thanks for buying me a car....

If being a liar/cheater and all around social misfit makes you feel good about yourself, then I suppose 'you're welcome' is in order. The truely sad part about it is, our tax code supports this kind of activity and the wealthy use it daily to lower their federal tax liability. What did you think Swiss, Cayman and other off-shore accounts do?
Old 09-27-2012, 15:55   #328
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
If being a liar/cheater and all around social misfit makes you feel good about yourself, then I suppose 'you're welcome' is in order. The truely sad part about it is, our tax code supports this kind of activity and the wealthy use it daily to lower their federal tax liability. What did you think Swiss, Cayman and other off-shore accounts do?
Everything I do is legal.

I do have a meeting that I must go to Switzerland for tomorrow. Should only take a half hour in Switzerland

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 09-27-2012, 15:58   #329
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
I spent your money on a car. The really good thing is if you buy it lichtenstien, you can drive one year without taxes as long as you export it. After 6 months is it considered in taxable personal property and can be imported into the USA without duty. You have one year to license an out of country car in the USA and don't have to pay taxes.

Be mindful of Karma! The universe has a twisted sense of irony. When you can't purchase that extended magazine because it's been banned at least you'll look good in your new car.
Old 09-27-2012, 16:42   #330
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
And yet Romney's falling poll #'s in key swing states keep proving me right.

You mean those polls with +9 D samples that over sample women?

The only thing they prove is that you believe what you believe because you only see what you want to see.

Fact is, you believe you are entitled to something and you are not receptive to any message that says otherwise. And your continued citation of paying into "the system" is a cruel joke. The fact is, "the system" is broke, driven into the red by politicians willing to buy the votes of people like you.

The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.

Last edited by Goaltender66; 09-27-2012 at 16:43..
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 17:03   #331
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Be mindful of Karma! The universe has a twisted sense of irony. When you can't purchase that extended magazine because it's been banned at least you'll look good in your new car.
Are you trying to string together enough irony to make my head explode? Very close that time.
Old 09-27-2012, 17:09   #332
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post

You mean those polls with +9 D samples that over sample women?

The only thing they prove is that you believe what you believe because you only see what you want to see.

Fact is, you believe you are entitled to something and you are not receptive to any message that says otherwise. And your continued citation of paying into "the system" is a cruel joke. The fact is, "the system" is broke, driven into the red by politicians willing to buy the votes of people like you.

It's funny how the polling becomes suspect when the numbers show your candidate in trouble. If you don't believe the numbers then please, please encourage your candidate to continue speaking unfavorablly of the 47%. Urge him to make it an issue in the upcoming debates.

You have no idea as to what message I may or may not be receptive to. Only that I am unreceptive to being labled a 'victim' by a politician who has been on both sides of each of his own major issues of the past 20 years.

Now, if you're willing to notice that the system is broken and driven into the red by politicians, then why make the poor and needy suffer for the crimes of the rich and corrupt? Support for the poor and needy needs to be 'fixed'. Not eradicated.
Old 09-27-2012, 17:20   #333
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
It's funny how the polling becomes suspect when the numbers show your candidate in trouble. If you don't believe the numbers then please, please encourage your candidate to continue speaking unfavorablly of the 47%. Urge him to make it an issue in the upcoming debates.

You have no idea as to what message I may or may not be receptive to. Only that I am unreceptive to being labled a 'victim' by a politician who has been on both sides of each of his own major issues of the past 20 years.

Now, if you're willing to notice that the system is broken and driven into the red by politicians, then why make the poor and needy suffer for the crimes of the rich and corrupt? Support for the poor and needy needs to be 'fixed'. Not eradicated.
The polling is suspect. But hey, I'm country. Please make the case for a Dem turnout several points higher than the historic outlier that was 2008, taking into account the worse (and worsening) economy, the Middle East on fire, Iran one step away from nukes, and a President who can't put two words together without a TelePrompTer, two speechwriters, and a podium.

As for the rest, since the votes of the "needy" were purchased, I really don't place a lot of stock in an argument worrying about their "suffering." Sorry, but if you were really concerned about the needy you'd be in favor of economic opportunity for them, not a monthly check from the government that keeps them dependent.

No, I fear I'm all too aware of what message you're receptive to, and it is not a message that says your entitlement mentality is unsustainable.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Old 09-27-2012, 18:27   #334
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
The polling is suspect. But hey, I'm country. Please make the case for a Dem turnout several points higher than the historic outlier that was 2008,

Could it be that 2008 saw the largest voter turnout in U.S. history and each month - since then - over 50,000 youths turn 18 and become eligible voters (2.4 million since 2008)

So what's your theory? Suddenly all the established pollsters are liberals?

taking into account the worse (and worsening) economy,

Where you see worsening economy, (for which I blame GWB) I see economic stability and opportunity. I got a job. How about you? Nobody want's to talk about the trillions of debt GWB put on the books ... let's just kill the social programs.

the Middle East on fire, when hasn't it been!!! Their beef is biblical.

Iran one step away from nukes, They've been 1 step away since the 80's. But on a deeper level ... are you ready to go to war with Iran? Whose going to pay for that?

and a President who can't put two words together without a TelePrompTer, two speechwriters, and a podium.

Now you just sound like Glen Beck ... ridiculous.

As for the rest, since the votes of the "needy" were purchased, I really don't place a lot of stock in an argument worrying about their "suffering." Sorry, but if you were really concerned about the needy you'd be in favor of economic opportunity for them, not a monthly check from the government that keeps them dependent.

No, I fear I'm all too aware of what message you're receptive to, and it is not a message that says your entitlement mentality is unsustainable.
That's because compromise has been lost in politics. (Thank you Tea Party) It's either "your way" or "my way" and never the twain shall meet.

I would never suggest that able bodied people should be able to benefit from never-ending entitlements. I would never suggest that as a nation we turn our backs on those less fortunate than ourselves. Somewhere in between there is a happy medium.

Mitt Romney does not represent that 'happy medium' for me. He's not the anti-Obama. He's simply the non-Obama. I do not favor trickle down economics; been there/done that. No fun for the middle class.
Old 09-27-2012, 18:35   #335
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

I'm not dissecting all of that code to respond, especially when the "arguments" are anything but. Reformat into accepted forum protocol and I will.
Old 09-27-2012, 18:46   #336
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
I'm not dissecting all of that code to respond, especially when the "arguments" are anything but. Reformat into accepted forum protocol and I will.
WTF is 'accepted forum protocol'?

Where you see inflated poll numbers, I see the rebound of 2008 which saw the largest voter turnout in U.S. history and each month - since then - over 50,000 youths turn 18 and become eligible voters (2.4 million since 2008)

Where you see worsening economy, (for which I blame GWB) I see economic stability and opportunity. I got a job. How about you? Nobody want's to talk about the trillions of debt GWB put on the books ... let's just kill the social programs.

The problems in the middle east are biblical. When has it NOT been on fire and are you saying you're ready to go to war with Iran? Who's going to pay for that?

I would never suggest that able bodied people should be able to benefit from never-ending entitlements. I would never suggest that as a nation we turn our backs on those less fortunate than ourselves. Somewhere in between there is a happy medium.

Mitt Romney does not represent that 'happy medium' for me. He's not the anti-Obama. He's simply the non-Obama. I do not favor trickle down economics; been there/done that. No fun for the middle class.
Old 09-27-2012, 23:52   #337
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Oh. So now you are trying to judge me on HOW I am able to legally avoid taxes and get govt assistance to buy items that I need.

I think judgmental jerks will be on the receiving end of karma if it existed.

Simply put, you have no right to judge me. I need govt assistance and it is my right not to pay taxes if I am on govt assistance. You should not be judging what I spend the assistance on that is my business.

Now, good day sir. I need to get showered up. I have to go to Switzerland to "pick up some relatives" if you know what I mean.

You know what agitates me though. I have a rental car (you know if you have too nice of a car across the boarder the german custom get suspicious about why you were in switzerland and tend to then stop you) and make some of these trip occasionally. Every time I have a different car, i must pay for a 1 year highway tax sticker. I have found Bo way to avoid this. At the boarder the Swiss do not let a car in without the sticker (vignette) They stop you and make you buy the 40chf sticker. This is I think my 5th one this year. I hate getting screwed with these road taxes.

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 09-28-2012, 00:01   #338
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:

class.
Yes you did.

You said you live better than me in this thread and then said I should be mindful of karma. You don't seem to have any compassion for my situation.

I am glad that you are paying taxes for me since I am less fortunate and you live better than me.

But, I may have to fire a worker or two if obama is re-elected to ensure that the business makes enough money. A $50k worker ends up costing about $75-80k net. If I fire two, I can give myself a bonus with money I save. Then I just tell the other workers to pick up the slack or they will be joining in the unemployment line. A little fear of being fired makes them work harder.

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:26   #339
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

i love how polls back romney almost across the board, everybody thinks that people have o pay at least some in. Guss eveyones tired of working hard to help along those who wont help themselves.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:06   #340
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
WTF is 'accepted forum protocol'?
Like this...you know, where you separately quote each point you're addressing instead of embedding your comments within the quote tags. It's only courteous.
Quote:
Where you see inflated poll numbers, I see the rebound of 2008 which saw the largest voter turnout in U.S. history and each month - since then - over 50,000 youths turn 18 and become eligible voters (2.4 million since 2008)
OK, I'm trying but....

First, the crosstabs of those polls don't support your theory because they aren't increasing their samples of young people. Second, you are forgetting about people on the other end of the spectrum who, well, die each month. Although, since we're talking about Democrats, I suppose it's a valid point to keep counting dead people as long as they are sampled as D.

ETA: Also, young people don't tend to vote in droves, so now you have to make the case as to why they will in 2012, contra to recent history. Sure, they may have voted Obama in 2008 because it was cool, but four more years of living in their parent's houses because they can't find a job with their expensive degree tends to dampen voter enthusiasm.

And even better...third, D turnout in 2008 was higher than the midterms in 2010, which was billed as a referendum on Obama's performance. Granted, midterm turnout is a somewhat different animal, but then you have to explain 2012 polling which shows voter ID favoring the GOP over the Democrats.

And hey, let's take OH shall we? Quinnipiac used a +9 D sample for 2012, via a D 35 R 26 I 35. In 2008 the actual turnout was D 39, R 31, I 30. That means Quinnipiac futzed with the poll, increased D turnout, is telling you Rs won't turn out at all (in other words, they turned out for McCain but won't for Romney?!) and Is increased. That flies in the face of voter ID polling (and 2010 turnout...if you're going to say that midterms have lower turnout than Presidentials, you'd have a point, but then it means since R turnout was elevated in 2010 it would be even higher in 2012.....).

Again, you are seeing what you want to see. Dig into the crosstabs and they actually refute your theory.

So my explanation...Quinnipiac is futzing with the poll sample to try and create a story. And there's no "suddenly" about it. Look at historical polling and you see the same old story of oversampling Ds.

Quote:
Still blaming Bush? Really?!

Hint...the inflection point for the 2008 recession was in December 2008. That means things were starting to reverse before Obama took office. In other words, Obama strangled a potential recovery in the crib and is making things worse than they would have been had he done nothing.

Quote:
The problems in the middle east are biblical. When has it NOT been on fire and are you saying you're ready to go to war with Iran? Who's going to pay for that?
So now the talking point is that Obama can't do anything about the Middle East? That wasn't his position in 2008.

Quote:
And Romney is advocating a middle position. Thing is, you're not willing to see it.

Quote:
So-called trickle-down created the recovery in 1982 and resulted in the largest peacetime expansion of our economy in history. What *doesn't* work is sending people checks in perpetuity.

Last edited by Goaltender66; 09-28-2012 at 06:59..
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33   #341
JMag

Most, if not all, of the conservatives saying he has "blown it" are what we call RINOs. RINOs are on the endangered political species list at last check.
JMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55   #342
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Great googley moogley, this thread is still going.

No need to banter or bicker back and forth, just look at the playbook folks (i.e., follow the money... ).

It's barry soetoro as dictator until 2016. In late 2014, or in 2015, the bottom blows out of our economy and we have economic collapse. Those who own America's as well as Americans' debt come in and literally, without trying to hide it as they do now, begin to parse out the American homeland. We may have a choice to go the way of Iceland, or Greece, and 47% is not the majority the last time I looked (e.g., I'm an eternal optimist.).

Shortly thereafter, a lot of men and women who like to tickle itching ears are fully exposed for what they really are with no way and no where to hide themselves. A few of these will honestly repent, but most will allow their bellies to be their god, instead of the Creator, and they will line up with the new world order's global religion.

Soon thereafter the false messiah will proclaim his authority and be backed by a lot of aforementioned ear ticklers as well as the usual globalists. Then, the recognized global entity (e.g., Right now it is referred to as the united nations) at that time will ask the false messiah to solve all the problems, conflicts, and divisions caused by race, religion, and finances. With the help of the mass media, the majority of the world's population will be hoodwinked into giving their allegiance to the false messiah for the promise of peace and prosperity. (NOTE: Some of these ear ticklers already have given themselves over the world's (i.e. s*t*n's) creature comforts instead of the Gospel from the Holy Bible, but this is from my individual set of Biblically based beliefs so I won't bore the forum by elaborating on it.)

However, not all will turn out to be sheeple. Men and women, who understand that the answer to America's problems in 2012 is the spirit of 1776 will doggedly pursue their patriotic calling. Of these, the true believers in the religions will suffer the worst. These believers will be pointed out and misrepresented as a wicked vanguard against global peace and prosperity. It will become a crime to utter the Name of Jesus Christ. A lot of the believers will be forced underground for an appointed time, but most of those in the united States will be either be murdered, or be sent away to prison camps.

This is the time to decide to go the way of Iceland (the 53%), or Greece (the 47%) folks, it is later than we all think when it comes to our future as a nation and as Americans period.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-28-2012 at 08:08..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 14:02   #343
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Like this...you know, where you separately quote each point you're addressing instead of embedding your comments within the quote tags. It's only courteous.
Never let it be said, 'Trew2Life isn't courteous'.

You're under-estimating the persistency of the new voter generation in the new voter age. BHO still shows the ability to bring out the youths to his rallies and speeches and motivations (to vote) are high.

2.4 milion people is a lot of votes. These kids are growing up in the age of Occupy Wall Street, The Tea Party, SB70, UC Davis. They're ready to vote! The pollster may be using a bad sample, but they would be getting the same results.
Thus, The Romney campaign has changed direction in recent ads to portray a more 'caring' side of Romney.

So ... by your own closing explanation, the establishment is known to tweak poll numbers for ulterior motives. Hmmm

That's why I never really put to much faith in polls. I don't even trust those 9 out of 10 dentist.

Sorry. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Nor am I a Alphabet Voter. Nor do I practice the Revisionist History you just described of Reaganomics and Bush.

With respect to the ME, you want BHO to play the role of Messiah and bring everlasting peace. That's not really worth debating and you haven't answered the question. Are you ready to go to war with Iran?

I do not see Romney advocating for a 'middle position' and it isn't from lack of trying. The man has stood on each side of each of his major positions of the last 20 years. I just saw and old Bain Capital video of
. Dispite the commentary (which is obviously biased), hear it from Romney's own mouth @ 2:35
Old 09-28-2012, 14:21   #344
jtmac
Señor Member

Send a message via AIM to jtmac Send a message via Yahoo to jtmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMag View Post
Most, if not all, of the conservatives saying he has "blown it" are what we call RINOs. RINOs are on the endangered political species list at last check.
I don't think Romney has "blown it", sometimes it seems like he's trying.

Cry "RINO" all you want, but just because someone is upset with one person doesn't mean they are secretly for the other guy.
Old 09-28-2012, 14:32   #345
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Never let it be said, 'Trew2Life isn't courteous'.

You're under-estimating the persistency of the new voter generation in the new voter age. BHO still shows the ability to bring out the youths to his rallies and speeches and motivations (to vote) are high.
And your support for this is....where?
Quote:
2.4 milion people is a lot of votes. These kids are growing up in the age of Occupy Wall Street, The Tea Party, SB70, UC Davis. They're ready to vote! The pollster may be using a bad sample, but they would be getting the same results.
Thus, The Romney campaign has changed direction in recent ads to portray a more 'caring' side of Romney.
If they are using a bad sample, how can they be getting the same results as that of a "good" sample?

Here's something that a critical thinker would wonder. If Obama were *really* ahead by 10 points in OH...why is he spending tons of money and time in that state? What are his internal polls telling him that Quinnipiac isn't?
Quote:
So ... by your own closing explanation, the establishment is known to tweak poll numbers for ulterior motives. Hmmm

That's why I never really put to much faith in polls. I don't even trust those 9 out of 10 dentist.
What establishment? Are you arguing that pollsters don't have their own motives?

Hey, if Quinnipiac thinks a D+9 with depressed R turnout is a valid predictive model, let them support it. But the facts on the ground don't.

Quote:
Sorry. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Nor am I a Alphabet Voter. Nor do I practice the Revisionist History you just described of Reaganomics and Bush.
You don't think the 80s and early 90s had expansionary GDP?

Quote:
With respect to the ME, you want BHO to play the role of Messiah and bring everlasting peace. That's not really worth debating and you haven't answered the question. Are you ready to go to war with Iran?
That isn't what I want...that's what Obama said he'd do, by virtue of being Obama. And he failed. What I don't want him to do is apologize for our 1A protections and grovel at the feet of Islamofascists.

Quote:
I do not see Romney advocating for a 'middle position' and it isn't from lack of trying. The man has stood on each side of each of his major positions of the last 20 years.
Then I don't think you're listening. Status quo means Medicare and Social Security go bankrupt within the next 15 years. A "middle" position is trying to save it. An extreme position is closing it all down.

Quote:
I just saw and old Bain Capital video of Romney explaining the Bain Capital method of 'private equity'. Dispite the commentary (which is obviously biased), hear it from Romney's own mouth @ 2:35
You're very hostile to private enterprise.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:49   #346
Trew2Life
#the struggle

My support for this is obvious in the current events, Everywhere you look, you see people - all over the world - taking up their right to vote.

Most particularly, right here in America as our last two elections have been billed as, 'the most important election of your lifetime'. The old models and trends cannot be relied up, my friend.

As far as BHO campaigning in key swing states ... where is he supposed to campaign? It ain't over till it's over.

It's your explanation that Quinnipiac et. al were 'futzing with the poll sample'. I always do my ground work and the 2012 turn out will be equal to or greater than 2008. If I prove it to you now, that would make me a Prophet, and I am not. So I will have to let you see it happen for yourself.

I'm not hostile to private enterprise at all. I realize what Bain Capital does has it's place in free enterprise. That doesn't mean it don't suck. It's like this old saying, 'Everyone loves a good steak, but no one wants to date the butcher.' Mitt Romney is the butcher of Bain in that analogy.
Old 09-28-2012, 20:44   #347
JMag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmac View Post
I don't think Romney has "blown it", sometimes it seems like he's trying.

Cry "RINO" all you want, but just because someone is upset with one person doesn't mean they are secretly for the other guy.
True. Sometimes they are just not too bright.
JMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 14:53   #348
DanaT
Pharaoh

Does anyone ever feel like firing a liberal who works for them just for sport?

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02   #349
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
My support for this is obvious in the current events, Everywhere you look, you see people - all over the world - taking up their right to vote.

Most particularly, right here in America as our last two elections have been billed as, 'the most important election of your lifetime'. The old models and trends cannot be relied up, my friend.

As far as BHO campaigning in key swing states ... where is he supposed to campaign? It ain't over till it's over.

It's your explanation that Quinnipiac et. al were 'futzing with the poll sample'. I always do my ground work and the 2012 turn out will be equal to or greater than 2008. If I prove it to you now, that would make me a Prophet, and I am not. So I will have to let you see it happen for yourself.
There are some facts on the ground that either you don't know about or you didn't do the "ground work" to begin with.

To recap, your contention is that people are being added to the voter rolls by virtue of turning 18, and that explains a +9 D turnout model.

However, again let's look at OH. Voter registration in OH is down by 490,000 from 2008. So immediately we are looking at a smaller pool of voters, not a larger one. Second, that reduction is concentrated (44%) in Cleveland proper and Cuyahoga county, where Dems outnumber Republicans by 2:1. Now even if you want to make the argument that the raw registered number in OH is still higher for Ds than Rs (which you can't really support anyway, since OH doesn't register by party), it's clear the margin is down since 2008, and yet here Quinnipiac is forecasting an increased D turnout and a decreased R turnout.

Quinnipiac's model is wildly unrealistic, and the Obama campaign knows it. Otherwise they wouldn't be wasting time and money in a state they ostensibly carry by 10 points.

So to me it's either that Quinnipiac is incredibly incompetent (which I don't believe) or they are trying to create polling cover for Obama.

Ds aren't going to be +9 over Rs in this election. Bet you a steak dinner.

Quote:
I'm not hostile to private enterprise at all. I realize what Bain Capital does has it's place in free enterprise. That doesn't mean it don't suck. It's like this old saying, 'Everyone loves a good steak, but no one wants to date the butcher.' Mitt Romney is the butcher of Bain in that analogy.
I'll put it another way...if you're taking up for Obama, by definition you're hostile to private enterprise.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25   #350
mhambi
Hegemon

Quote:
Does anyone ever feel like firing a liberal who works for them just for sport?

Reparations!