Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:42   #301
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post
Trew2life, I recant my statement. You are one of the 47% that Romney said he did not need focus his campaign on. You will vote for Obama no matter what.
That does appear to be the case - I also posted a while back, under the assumption that he was not one of the 47% voting for the guy who will give them the best handouts. I was wrong.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:44   #302
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Your point? Romney's donations are to private charities, not merely "tax deductible entities". His returns are specific on this, as is the PWC affidavit regarding his past two decades of returns.

Why is it so hard for you to simply acknowledge the fact that Romney does, in fact, give a great deal of his private wealth to charity?
I don't know that he disbelieves it, but, as he has posted, every penny the wealthy give to charities is tax deductible, so it doesn't go to welfare recipients. Those living off the government handouts look at charitable giving as stealing from their entitlements.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:17   #303
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
It doesn't change the fact that Mitt Romney doesn't worry about me if I fall within the 47% margin. Point Blank.
I would ask these simple questions.

Why are you in that 47%?

What are you doing to get out of that 47%

What limits you to being in that 47%? Are you not capable of better?

If you are capable of better, then it is laziness that prevents you from doing better?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 15:41   #304
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Unless '42%' is Right wing code for, "We don't mean you. We mean the other guy", I fall into one or more of the demographic models of people described.

'Those who pay no federal income tax'
That's me. Even though I've worked and paid federal taxes for 30+ years I have never owed the federal government taxes. Not surprising, 9 out of 10 Americans are just like me. People who earn a good living (but still below 50K p/yr). Am I supposed to feel guilty about not owing a federal tax?

People who get federal benefits? That's me, too (or hope to soon be). I've been paying into social security and medicare. At the end of the day, I do believe I am entitled to health care and "you name it".

Other than that, I don't get entitlements. Everything I own and consume is bought and paid for and I would bet my life that I am living just as good (if not better) than many of you. But it still wouldn't be good enough earn Mitts 'worry'.
Old 09-26-2012, 15:44   #305
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:

I do believe I am entitled
Problem #1 in this country no matter what your political views.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 16:01   #306
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Problem #1 in this country no matter what your political views.
Damn skippy. After I paid 30+ years into the system.
Old 09-26-2012, 16:08   #307
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Looks like more of the "47%" is rejecting Romney. He's losing points in key states: OH, FL, and PA. If his goal was to attract the 5-10 percent in the middle, his message of 47% was too broad. If he actually meant to disparge the 600K or so who are actually cheating and abusing the system, that number is much lower than 47. More like 2. I wouldn't be surprised to hear this issue raised as question no.1 at the first debate.
Old 09-26-2012, 16:20   #308
BSA70

Ohio must be in the 47% Looks like Romney is going to loose OH. Rush said today that if the polls are right, the election is over
BSA70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 16:29   #309
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
I could not care less about Mitt Romney's charitable donations. I did not inject that into this thread. I no more believe Mitt Romney's 2 tax returns than the Right believes in Obama's birth certificate.
Soo you thinks it's more plausible that a man running for president would somehow lie on his taxes, knowing that every CPA in America will be going over them with a fine toothed comb to find any mistake.

You are not thinking. Work the problem and you will find the answer.

We cannot sustain this level of freeloading.
Old 09-26-2012, 17:07   #310
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Soo you thinks it's more plausible that a man running for president would somehow lie on his taxes, knowing that every CPA in America will be going over them with a fine toothed comb to find any mistake.

I wouldn't exactly term it as, 'lying'. That's the beauty of our tax code. It can be so easily manipulated by the wealthy. They can basically pick a tax rate that they want to pay and work out the tax code around it. Are you familiar with Mitt Romney's involvement with the 'Son of Boss' tax evasion? Plus, Mitt so graciously pays more tax in 2011 than he legally owes? Who really does that? So, no ... I am not surprised he hasn't released more tax returns for review.

You are not thinking. Work the problem and you will find the answer.

If Mitt Romney is the answer, the question must be stupid.

We cannot sustain this level of freeloading.
Of all the things that weigh heavy on our national debt, who's got compassion for the 30% of seniors and 18% of children that get SNAP? SMH
Old 09-26-2012, 17:52   #311
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSA70 View Post
Ohio must be in the 47% Looks like Romney is going to loose OH. Rush said today that if the polls are right, the election is over
Ehh...don't get too down on yourself. It ain't over til it's over. Lets wait and call it in November.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:08   #312
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
You keep proving Romney correct with every post you make in this thread.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12   #313
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Looks like more of the "47%" is rejecting Romney. He's losing points in key states: OH, FL, and PA. If his goal was to attract the 5-10 percent in the middle, his message of 47% was too broad. If he actually meant to disparge the 600K or so who are actually cheating and abusing the system, that number is much lower than 47. More like 2. I wouldn't be surprised to hear this issue raised as question no.1 at the first debate.
The people who are working and paying taxes know who he is talking about. That's the crowd I hang out with, and I haven't heard one single person who didn't like what Romney said.

My former step-daughter, with her illegitimate kids, her refusal to work, and her insistence on getting lifetime food stamps, medical care, and free cigarettes, would probably be highly offended.

Last edited by series1811; 09-27-2012 at 07:12..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14   #314
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The people who are working and paying taxes know who he is talking about. That's the crowd I hang out with, and I haven't heard one single person who didn't like what Romney said.

My former step-daughter, with her illegitimate kids, her refusal to work, and her insistence on getting lifetime food stamps, medical care, and free cigarettes, would probably be highly offended.
People tend to be offended when you tell the truth about them.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16   #315
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Fine, at 65, everyone gets a lump sum check that is the amount of what they paid into the system. We do that now and that would solve the Social Security Crisis.

Trust me, what you put into it would not last you a year. What you put into the system is nothing compared to what you get out of it.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32   #316
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
Fine, at 65, everyone gets a lump sum check that is the amount of what they paid into the system. We do that now and that would solve the Social Security Crisis.

Trust me, what you put into it would not last you a year. What you put into the system is nothing compared to what you get out of it.
I like this idea, quite a bit. It will force people to at least try to build their own retirement, or ensure they have people they can depend on if they are in need (ie family, friends. Not Joe Taxpayer).
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50   #317
billn

SS is the poor and middle class man's retirement and disability account. If you become disable you can draw. If you die your wife and kids might be able to draw a monthly check to survive.
billn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57   #318
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by billn View Post
SS is the poor and middle class man's retirement and disability account. If you become disable you can draw. If you die your wife and kids might be able to draw a monthly check to survive.
This would be assuming that the person in this senario doesn't have any life insurance, any type of 401K or stock portfolio, and that the wife has none of the above as well? Due to all those things, eveyone else must be forced to pitch in and help?!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59   #319
billn

The problem with SS and Medicare is politicians can not stop using the funds for other stuff. Like Obama grab 700 bn medicare to fund Obamacare.

Obamacare is not affordable. He will have to rob funds again and again.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01   #320
billn

It does not matter how many $ are in SS and Medicare. Politicians will use the funds to buy votes with. The more in the accounts the more they find to spend.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:02   #321
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by billn View Post
It does not matter how many $ are in SS and Medicare. Politicians will use the funds to buy votes with. The more in the accounts the more they find to spend.
Unfortunately, I think most here would have to agree with you on that point!
Old 09-27-2012, 15:17   #322
WarCry

Ann Coulter appears to be getting on the "Bad Press Express" (presuming this is accurate and not an internet creation, which is always a possibility):

The Okie Corral

Edited to add, I just pulled up her Twitter page and it's still showing there, so I guess it's not just made up....

Last edited by WarCry; 09-27-2012 at 15:19..
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 15:29   #323
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Of all the things that weigh heavy on our national debt, who's got compassion for the 30% of seniors and 18% of children that get SNAP? SMH
I have figured out how to get the govt to by me a Carrera 4S on your dime. It all starts with being indigent and disabled. Then the govt just gives you money. They key here is earn all your money off shore and have no income in the USA. Then just use off shore ATM cards with small withdrawals. When gman shows up for the large purchases you show him bank statements where the cash came from and they gave it to you. Then just claim to eat ramen noodles.

But trew, thanks for buying me a car....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 15:41   #324
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
You keep proving Romney correct with every post you make in this thread.
And yet Romney's falling poll #'s in key swing states keep proving me right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post

Just because a group of people who you know all have the same idea doesn't make it a good idea. I work. I pay taxes and I know who Mitts talking about too and I don't like it.

With all due respects, it's people like your former step-daughter to whom Romney was referring, but there aren't 47% of 'her-kind' in the voting poll. Not even in the die-hard Obama voting poll. That's the problem. Romney was describing a very small percentage of people, but painted such a wide and indistinguishable picture of 47%. It should be more like 2. He pissed off a lot of hard working Americans and the polls reflect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post

The feds have no business being in the individual retirement planning business in the first place (unless you're a government employee). Other than that, it shouldn't be the governments concern to provide for individual retirement.

That said .. I have paid into the system for 30+ years and mamma ain't raised no fool. Either pay me my money or give me my benefits. I'm supposed to feel guilty about that??
Old 09-27-2012, 15:44   #325
SouthpawG26

Ooh Mittens, just when things couldn't get any worse, what on earth have you done now, or rather, a long time ago:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...earch-edition/