SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:55   #21
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelNail View Post
Included in the 47% who don't pay taxes would be a family of 4 making $26,400.00 per year. They would receive a standard deduction of $11,600.00 and 4 $3,700.00 deductions which would reduce their taxable income to $0.00.

They are still paying federal tax on gasoline and local and state sales taxes. Most do not live off government assistance they are living on their meager incomes. And yes I can assure you most of that group will vote for Obama.

Shame on Romney for suggesting such people like that feel they deserve food and shelter.
You are leaving out how much over what they pay in Income Taxes they will receive back. The money they get back above and beyond what they pay in has to come from someone else. The argument isn't that they are not paying ANY taxes. The argument is they are getting back MORE than they pay in federal income taxes.

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 13:29   #22
greentriple

The vast majority of what Romney calls the "47 percent," the percentage of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes --which is really 46 percent, but who's counting -- are working poor, retirees and the disabled, including disabled veterans, along with students and some people suffering long-term unemployment after the Great Recession.

But a tiny sliver of this 47 percent includes the 1 percent -- the country's top earners.

According to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, some 3,000 of the 76 million taxpayers that were expected to pay no federal income taxes in 2011 were members of Romney's cohort, making nearly $2.2 million per year, which puts them in the top 0.1 percent income bracket.

Another 24,000 taxpayers expected to pay no income taxes last year were in the top 1 percent income bracket, according to the TPC, making between $532,613 and $2.2 million per year.

Further the vast majority of people getting govt. assistance and not paying taxes are in Red states who we presume will vote for Mitt.

Truth, you all don't care about the truth.

One thing Mitt did get right is wishing he was Mexican.

Last edited by greentriple; 09-18-2012 at 13:30..
greentriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 13:39   #23
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Oh, there is truth...and it's here:

Quote:
“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…

“And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49 … he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. So he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to convince the five to ten percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.”
He has a valid, defensible point..Obama, for a myriad of reasons, has a locked in vote of about 47%. That is "truth."

Then there is the truth that a cadre of people not only think I should pay their way in the world, but believe they have an absolute right to the fruits of my labor and scream holy hell when I say "enough."

So yes, please keep trying to spin this as some kind of gaffe...because all it is doing is changing the conversation to how 47% of people don't pay income tax, and if a dependency class is something we should tolerate.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.

Last edited by Goaltender66; 09-18-2012 at 13:40..
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 13:41   #24
greentriple

Reading all these post I now understand what Rick Santorum meant when he said intelligent people would never join the GOP.
Old 09-18-2012, 13:49   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentriple View Post
The vast majority of what Romney calls the "47 percent," the percentage of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes --which is really 46 percent, but who's counting -- are working poor, retirees and the disabled, including disabled veterans, along with students and some people suffering long-term unemployment after the Great Recession.

But a tiny sliver of this 47 percent includes the 1 percent -- the country's top earners.

According to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, some 3,000 of the 76 million taxpayers that were expected to pay no federal income taxes in 2011 were members of Romney's cohort, making nearly $2.2 million per year, which puts them in the top 0.1 percent income bracket.

Another 24,000 taxpayers expected to pay no income taxes last year were in the top 1 percent income bracket, according to the TPC, making between $532,613 and $2.2 million per year.

Further the vast majority of people getting govt. assistance and not paying taxes are in Red states who we presume will vote for Mitt.

Truth, you all don't care about the truth.

One thing Mitt did get right is wishing he was Mexican.
If I was in the top 1%, I use every deduction and accounting trick to keep everything I earned.

Screw the extortionists - aka the .gov and the people who enable them!!!

The .gov has a spending problem not a revenue problem.

Anyone who has the balls to defy the feds and keep their money -

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 13:51   #26
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
He flip flops on so many issues, just because he wants to get in office for his own personal gains (just like Obama) you don't know when he's being serious or not.

Of course, since I don't agree with you, and blindly vote just because they have an "R" by their name, I'm a liberal.

Typical immature response by someone who can't come up with anything more intelligent to say. Toodles!
Lib - liberal or libertarian. Both camps love throwing out similar generalized anti-Republican/anti-war/anti-semitic attacks into threads and we frequently have trouble figuring out whether it's from a liberal and a libertarian, so the term lib reduces how much we have to type.

Even this flip flopping statement you just made is another irrelevant, propagandized anti-Republican attack since we're not talking about a scripted speech read off of a teleprompter but statements made when he didn't know he was being recorded. We get that you're upset about Ron Paul getting destroyed in the primaries but this continued, now pointless, Republican bashing is getting old.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 13:54   #27
GAFinch

CNBC poll: Do you agree with Romney's statements? 75% yes right now, despite media outlets going ballistic over this almost non-stop today.
Old 09-18-2012, 13:56   #28
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Lib - liberal or libertarian. Both camps love throwing out similar generalized anti-Republican/anti-war/anti-semitic attacks into threads and we frequently have trouble figuring out whether it's from a liberal and a libertarian, so the term lib reduces how much we have to type.

Even this flip flopping statement you just made is another irrelevant, propagandized anti-Republican attack since we're not talking about a scripted speech read off of a teleprompter but statements made when he didn't know he was being recorded. We get that you're upset about Ron Paul getting destroyed in the primaries but this continued, now pointless, Republican bashing is getting old.
Funny how the "libertarians" who were trying to court and woo Republicans are now lining up with the LIBERALS to bash Republicans.

Sounds like they are PO'ed because their liberal plot to water down the Republican party failed utterly and they are coming out of the closet as the liberals they really are.

Of course that is just the 90% of them giving the rest a bad name.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 14:02   #29
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
CNBC poll: Do you agree with Romney's statements? 75% yes right now, despite media outlets going ballistic over this almost non-stop today.
Political Issues

And Yahoo Finance:

Political Issues
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Old 09-18-2012, 14:03   #30
greentriple

Santorum says no intelligent people will join GOP. He's right.
Old 09-18-2012, 14:07   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentriple View Post
Santorum says no intelligent people will join GOP. He's right.
Judging by the supporters in this forum and on the streets, the Democratic base is much worse off.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 14:12   #32
brickboy240

Again with Santorum.

Where do you get the idea that everyone on the right loves Rick Santorum or supported him at all?

For one of the supposedly "smart ones" you really don't know jack about us....do you?
Old 09-18-2012, 14:13   #33
greentriple

Republicans, especially in the South, who are not rich, better take a good, long hard look at the man and what he said in the video. It may seem like Romney is trashing Democrats at the $50,000-a-plate dinner, but really he's talking about Republicans.
Old 09-18-2012, 14:15   #34
greentriple

Republicans, especially in the South, who are not rich, better take a good, long hard look at the man and what he said in the video. It may seem like Romney is trashing Democrats at the $50,000-a-plate dinner, but really he's talking about Republicans.
Eight of the 10 states with the highest percentage of filers who didn't pay federal income taxes are red states that voted for John McCain in 2008: Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Idaho. Only New Mexico and Florida voted for Obama. Conversely, of the 10 states with the lowest percentage of filers who didn't pay federal income taxes, seven voted for Obama. Only Alaska, Wyoming and North Dakota voted for McCain.
Keep in mind a large portion of the 47% that Romney was talking about are middle- and low-income Republicans who voted for McCain. They are not Obama-loving Democrats. That's not spin, that's fact.
Old 09-18-2012, 14:28   #35
GAFinch

Romney just came on Cavuto and doubled down on his statements, again. He emphasized that it's a recognition that, while he is campaigning for swing voters, 47% of Americans are going to vote Democrat no matter what, based on philosophy more than the purely economic status the left is trying to frame his comments on. He's not going to get 60 or 70% of the vote, but closer to 50+%.

Excerpt:

Quote:
I think this focuses a great deal of attention on whether or not we're going to have a government that becomes larger, that tells us what kind of health insurance we have to have, that under the President he's indicated he wants to raise taxes, raising taxes on small businesses, about a million small businesses - that's going to kill jobs. Look, the President is borrowing a trillion dollars more than we're taking in every year. It's a pathway that looks more European than American in my view and it's one which I know some Americans are drawn to. I think they're wrong. I think they don't recognize that it's not good for America at large. 100% of Americans, in my view, will do much better if we have a government that lives by the model established by the founding fathers and that was one based on freedom and opportunity.
ETA: Video is up. http://video.foxnews.com/v/1847787266001/

Last edited by GAFinch; 09-18-2012 at 15:28..
Old 09-18-2012, 14:30   #36
brickboy240

Romney basically said what this election is truly about: the makers versus the takers.

-brickboy240
Old 09-18-2012, 14:50   #37
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Romney just came on Cavuto and doubled down on his statements, again. He emphasized that it's a recognition that, while he is campaigning for swing voters, 47% of Americans are going to vote Democrat no matter what, based on philosophy more than the purely economic status the left is trying to frame his comments on. He's not going to get 60 or 70% of the vote, but closer to 50+%.

Excerpt:
And that's what is "shocking," "controversial," and "outrageous" to the media trying to spin this into something it isn't....Romney's display of unapologetic leadership.
Old 09-18-2012, 15:02   #38
snerd

The media........... conservative's are always at a disadvantage with that liberal-biased estate.

The Top 50 Liberal Media Bias Examples

http://www.westernjournalism.com/top...al-media-bias/
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:54   #39
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
Political Issues

And Yahoo Finance:

Political Issues
And you had the nerve to question my poll analysis?

Romney's statements generally ring true, if liberally construed in a light most favorable to Romney, but they're far from accurate. Saying that every D voter is a gov't leech isn't the way to win Indy votes and it sure won't bring any crossover voters that Romney desperately needs, seeing how he's already written off chunks of millions of voters.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:25   #40
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
And you had the nerve to question my poll analysis? .
Show me where I endorsed them as definitive.

Fail = your dumb gotcha attempt.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine