SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-17-2012, 17:37   #1
GAFinch

Left-wing site unearths video of Romney...talking like a Conservative

Quote:
PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT: There are 47% of the people who will vote for the President no matter what. Alright, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that they are victims, who believe government has the responsibility to care for them, who believe they are entitled to healthcare, to food, to housing.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...e-Conservative

GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 17:55   #2
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

He's right. There are 47% of Americans that would vote for Obama no matter what. Screw 'em. No need to waste any time on them. He should continue to go after the conservative base and the independents.

Obama has a high apathy index right now. I know many people in my family back in Ohio that voted for Obama. Most are either going to stay home on election day or vote for Romney.

We'll have to see how it goes, but this is actually great material, he should incorporate it into his stump speeches.

Course they need to find the spy and tar and feather him/her, but that's another matter entirely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 17:57   #3
countrygun

That could well be his best campaign video if he uses it.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:17   #4
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

I can't believe that the MSM is trying to make this video into some blunder-speak on Romney's part. When I heard it I thought that it was one of the greatest assessments coming out of the campaign.

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24   #5
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Go Mitt

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:26   #6
JFrame

I have to admit the MSM is doing a great job of solidifying Mitt's base.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27   #7
sbhaven

Once again we see how the MSM goes into cover and protect mode for Obama. Romney basically tells the truth and the media instantly ceases on it and tries to bash Romney.

Was mildly surprised to see Romney make such an honest statement. Now if only he'd use it to go on the offensive against the Progressives...
Old 09-18-2012, 06:29   #8
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Left-wing site unearths video of Romney...talking like a Conservative
Must be a hoax.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26   #9
GAFinch

Romney sticks by victims comments but calls them off the cuff.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...them-off-cuff/

Quote:
"It's not elegantly stated, let me put it that way. I was speaking off the cuff in response to a question," Romney said, adding he wants to help "all Americans."
But he continued: "It's a message which I am going to carry and continue to carry, which is that the president's approach is attractive to people who are not paying taxes because frankly my discussion about lowering taxes isn't as attractive to them. Therefore I'm not likely to draw them into my campaign as effectively as those in the middle."
Quote:
In a new clip Mother Jones released Tuesday, Romney also told the donors that Palestinians "have no interest" in peace with Israel. He says Palestinians are "committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel" and that the prospects for a two-state solution to Mideast peace were dim.
"You hope for some degree of stability, but you recognize that this is going to remain an unsolved problem ... and we kick the ball down the field and hope that ultimately, somehow, something will happen and resolve it," Romney said. He said pushing Israel to give up disputed territory for a two-state solution with the Palestinians "is the worst idea in the world."
Old 09-18-2012, 08:30   #10
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Must be a hoax.

That's what I thought.

"Mitt Romney" and "Conservative" is like putting the words "fast" and "honda civic" in the same sentence.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31   #11
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Romney sticks by victims comments but calls them off the cuff.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...them-off-cuff/

I'm not seeing a whole lot to factually dispute in either of those statements.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:39   #12
maxsnafu

This was Romney's finest gaffe. By the way, in politics a "gaffe" is when you inadvertently tell the truth. This gaffe also contained a lot of hate-facts.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45   #13
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
That's what I thought.

"Mitt Romney" and "Conservative" is like putting the words "fast" and "honda civic" in the same sentence.
Are you saying he wasn't talking like a conservative in the video, or is this just random drive-by lib trolling?

Last edited by GAFinch; 09-18-2012 at 08:46..
Old 09-18-2012, 10:49   #14
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Political Issues

GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:54   #15
brickboy240

Romney told the truth about income taxes in America and the left cannot have anyone tell the truth about this.

Why?

Because this destroys their biggest lie: that the rich don't pay their fair share in taxes.

Mitt told the truth and the left is now out there running around like mad, trying to discredit him because they know damn well that if the general public heard this true figure over and over like they hear "the rich are not paying their fair share" it is over for their big lie.

-brickboy240
Old 09-18-2012, 10:57   #16
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
I'm not seeing a whole lot to factually dispute in either of those statements.

That is what has the liberals all wrapped around the axle.

He told the truth (a concept unheard of in liberal circles) and when it got publicity, even negative, he didn't "walk it back". THese are two things completely unheard of in liberal politicians.

They are running around totally lost because they have no frame of reference for either telling the truth or standing by it.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02   #17
brickboy240

You forgot the REAL reason the left is coming undone about this statement - because it tears down the left's whole argument on taxation in America and who pays what.

The idea that the wealthy are not paying their fair share is a huge part of their whole movement. It is damned near impossible for them to keep their little class warfare campaign going when the truth and real hard numbers get out there on who pays income taxes in America.

They have taken Gobbells idea and run with it for so many years....the discussion or bringing to light the real numbers on taxation stands as a direct threat to their whole movement.

They HAVE to keep the lie going on income taxes in America and having Mitt out there telling the truth with real numbers just kills that altogether and they cannot have this.

It is like pulling back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz to these people. The uncovering of their huge sham.

-brickboy240
Old 09-18-2012, 12:02   #18
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Are you saying he wasn't talking like a conservative in the video, or is this just random drive-by lib trolling?

He flip flops on so many issues, just because he wants to get in office for his own personal gains (just like Obama) you don't know when he's being serious or not.

Of course, since I don't agree with you, and blindly vote just because they have an "R" by their name, I'm a liberal.

Typical immature response by someone who can't come up with anything more intelligent to say. Toodles!
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43   #19
ColdSteelNail

Included in the 47% who don't pay taxes would be a family of 4 making $26,400.00 per year. They would receive a standard deduction of $11,600.00 and 4 $3,700.00 deductions which would reduce their taxable income to $0.00.

They are still paying federal tax on gasoline and local and state sales taxes. Most do not live off government assistance they are living on their meager incomes. And yes I can assure you most of that group will vote for Obama.

Shame on Romney for suggesting such people like that feel they deserve food and shelter.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54   #20
brickboy240

He was still right about 47% not paying income taxes.

- brickboy240