Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-26-2012, 18:15   #1
knedrgr

STI Duty One 9mm

This is my new toy. Worked over by ACS (aka Asian Custom Shop).

Some insights from stock:

The disco is really nicely polished for a smooth contact to the trigger bow. Sear is cut w/ a relief angle and has great contact w/ the hammer hook. Ignition breaks pretty crisp. A little too much pre-travel on the trigger. But nothing a new flat trigger won't solve.

Slide and frame fitment is superb. Tight and slides very smooth. No vertical nor horizontal play. It's as tight as any of the "high-end" 1911s that I've handled. The blending on the back end is nice between the slide/frame/extractor/ejector/BTGS. All pretty seamless.

Barrel lock sup pretty tight. No bouncing. The stock bushing is a little loose on the barrel, but tight on the slide. It wasn't a problem for me, since I had the intention of replacing the Recoil Master with a spare set of EGW Monogram barrel bushing and plug. The OD and ID of the EGW bushing needed fitting to both the slide and barrel. This guarantees a solid lock up. I had it Baer tight, and the gun had issues with completely RTB. So a little mix of bore paste and oil, and polishing did the job. The barrel has Wilson/Nowlin style ramped.

1911 Forums

I'm really liking the 30LPI FSC. Provides nice grip texture w/o being too intrusive. I've replaced the plastic MSH w/ an aluminum, matching, 30LPI from NHC. It's actually a nice MSH, since it's taller and close up the gap between the MSH and BTGS.

The high cut front strap let the pistol sit further down into your hand.

The pistol just feels SOLID! It's becoming one of my favorite. I've also added a Wilson FO front sight, which makes a great sight picture.

1911 Forums

Here it is, laying around with it's sibling, the 45ACP version.
1911 Forums

This is from 7-yards, free-hand, 9 rounds.

1911 Forums

Ran 100 rounds of Federal FMJs thru her w/o any issues. And also ran a full mag of Hornady Critical Duty JHPs 135gr thru her w/o a hick up. This also included limp-wristing the gun w/ one hand, on the Hornady, and it ran like a CHAMP!
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 18:57   #2
R0CKETMAN
NRA MEMBER

Man that's a great pistol. If its the one I'm thinking of I remember passing on it like a dumbass..

"Home of the Free because of the Brave"

R0CKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 19:25   #3
bac1023

Looks great, Cuong

Congrats!

bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 19:30   #4
knedrgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
Man that's a great pistol. If its the one I'm thinking of I remember passing on it like a dumbass..
Thanks. No, the pistol that you had passed up is its 45ACP "bigger" sibling. The one that's in the foreground, in the family picture.

I liked that so much, I bought the 9mm.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for rail 1911s.
COTEFT #2

Old 09-26-2012, 19:30   #5
knedrgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Looks great, Cuong

Congrats!

Thanks Brian! STI makes some awesome guns.
COTEFT #2

Old 09-26-2012, 19:36   #6
glock2740
Gun lover.

Sweet gun.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 21:08   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
Thanks Brian! STI makes some awesome guns.
They certainly do

bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:23   #8
R0CKETMAN
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
Thanks. No, the pistol that you had passed up is its 45ACP "bigger" sibling. The one that's in the foreground, in the family picture.

I liked that so much, I bought the 9mm.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for rail 1911s.
Are they parked?

"Home of the Free because of the Brave"

R0CKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:06   #9
knedrgr

Of the STIs that I've seen, they're blued.
COTEFT #2

Old 09-27-2012, 05:07   #10
knedrgr

And a deep matte black blued too.
COTEFT #2

Old 09-27-2012, 20:56   #11
dakrat

congrats! its hard to beat the Duty One in the railed 1911 criteria
Old 09-27-2012, 21:15   #12
MoNsTeR

Nice gun, I have one in .45.

Unfortunately the rail is poorly designed. You will be able to pull your TLR-1 off the rail easily unless you crank down the screw far tighter than it was designed to be tightened.
MoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 23:12   #13
steve1911

Congrats!

Great looking pistol.

1911club#410
Old 09-28-2012, 06:40   #14
knedrgr

THanks guys. I do like the 45 version as well. It's as nice of a shooter as its smaller brother 9mm.
COTEFT #2