Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-16-2012, 14:07   #21
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

ray,

I have one and like it, but also have a Klarus XT11 that is my primary light.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 14:45   #22
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
ray,

I have one and like it, but also have a Klarus XT11 that is my primary light.
Yeah....a friend bought that Klarus and I was impressed at the build quality. It was put togehter well.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 14:49   #23
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
I just ordered a Fenix TK21 and so far it is hands down the best belt light I have ever owned.

468 lumens on high all the way down to 5 lumens on low from a light that uses 2 CR123's or one rechargeable 18650. Long run times, nearly 2 hours on high and 220 hours on low. It had everything I wanted, separate button for brightness selection, momentary-on tail switch and waterproof. It is simply amazing.

The anti-roll ring is also removeable so it will fit in a standard belt loop holster.

Cop Talk
I really like the new Fenix's with the separate button. I bought a Powertac warrior recently and it has been an extremely good light.
Old 09-16-2012, 15:05   #24
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
I really like the new Fenix's with the separate button. I bought a Powertac warrior recently and it has been an extremely good light.
Yup....I have an older model where you turn the bezel to selectand it was not the greatest design. This new one allows me to quickly flip through the 4 brightness settings or I can hold it down for a strobe.

Last edited by ray9898; 09-16-2012 at 18:35..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 17:59   #25
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Pelican 7060 or the new 8060 are both great LED lights and have lifetime warranties.

Oh, Danners FTW.
Ditto to all.
Old 09-16-2012, 22:40   #26
nitesite10mm
Dog Lover

If you want an answer to your original question about being able to have
Quote:
something smaller but long enough I can still do the flashlight over the arm hold with a gun
I'm not really sure what that means.

I'm just not getting the visualization, so please help me out OK?

If you want an impact weapon flashlight that is Made in the USA with a "no questions" lifetime warranty that it'll be fixed or replaced no matter how much abuse you heap upon it.... Pelican 8060.
in no particular order.........
nitesite10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:46   #27
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitesite10mm View Post
If you want an answer to your original question about being able to have I'm not really sure what that means.

I'm just not getting the visualization, so please help me out OK?

If you want an impact weapon flashlight that is Made in the USA with a "no questions" lifetime warranty that it'll be fixed or replaced no matter how much abuse you heap upon it.... Pelican 8060.
I think he means the Harris technique?

Yeah, it gets clunky with a full sized metal C cell Maglite but who carries those anymore?

Any of the modern duty lights will do for your purposes without getting in the way of the technique.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07   #28
kayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
'Twas me. BC40 is kicking butt for well over a year now, still melts eyeballs like new. Just got into a scrape with it tonight, in fact. Still fine. I've convinced 4 guys at work to buy them without even saying anything (they just see it in action). Couple people on this board have bought them as well. It's as close to perfect as a duty light as I've found. If it could dock to charge, it would BE perfect.
Heck yeah- this light rocks! I've dropped mine a few times, it still keeps on kicking. Brightest light of the size and cost that I've found out there; it's fantastic on traffic stops at night; lights up the whole interior of the suspect's car, even through tinted windows!
If I saw a guy robbing a bank I would get on my horse and cut his head off with my katana.
kayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 19:08   #29
gators096

Send a message via AIM to gators096
surefire fury, small, solid and BRIGHT 500 lumens...it's a little spot light...this is my go to light.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:21   #30
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Forgot which thread it was that someone brought up the Romisen lights from Shining Beam for $16.95 that puts out up to 150 lumens on a single AA battery. Anyway, I bought +2 at that price and came out to $37 with shipping. Got the light in 3 days from NY, which ain't bad at all.

This is the new Q5 version that is supposed to be brighter than the last R2 version and comes with a green push button, not the orange like previous iterations.

The box is a plain white cardboard folded rectangular box with no markings on it, very generic, like any other no name brand item you pick up for parts for something like a standing torch light bulb or something.

Simple pouch made of bubble wrap, and out comes the light with a wrist strap. The initial impression was that the light feels very solid and substantial for its size, which is just a tad shorter than a Fenix PD30, but wider as the head on this light is a conical shape, instead of just a straight tube like the Fenix.

Unscrewing the cap to put the battery in unveils that the square cut threads claimed by the company to increase positive feel really works. You would have to try very very hard to cross thread this flashlight cap and the action is very smooth yet secure when you screw the cap on and off. As you don't replace batteries everyday, not sure how this will matter to most, but it's there and it actually works as claimed.

The on/off is oversized and has a good feel. Not crazy about the color, but I'm sure my hands will turn the green plastic into a nice grimy black in no time. The body is also cut into sharp geometric shapes to prevent rolling if you put in down. The edges could be softer, IMHO, but inside my jeans, I don't really feel it anyway.

The bezel doesn't turn except for parts replacement/maintenance since it's only a single mode light but at that price, what do you expect?

The light is pretty bright though. It definitely surpassed my expectations for a single AA light that is pocket sized and cheap. It is definitely brighter than my Surefire 6PD LED which cost at least 5x more and that light takes 2 CR123's which are harder to find and more expensive. Run time is about 1.5 hours claimed on a single AA which is pretty average and fair, if it really lasts that long.

My friend has a truck with medium/dark tinted windows and I shined the light inside and can light up the interior pretty well at night. The throw is also wide enough for general indoor use. Haven't tried it in a dark field or something, I'll do that tonight in the backyard.

I'll update as I carry it more, but this is from the initial impressions and from the first night of pocket carry when I went out to dinner with friends.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10   #31
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Forgot which thread it was that someone brought up the Romisen lights from Shining Beam for $16.95 that puts out up to 150 lumens on a single AA battery. Anyway, I bought +2 at that price and came out to $37 with shipping. Got the light in 3 days from NY, which ain't bad at all.

This is the new Q5 version that is supposed to be brighter than the last R2 version and comes with a green push button, not the orange like previous iterations.

The box is a plain white cardboard folded rectangular box with no markings on it, very generic, like any other no name brand item you pick up for parts for something like a standing torch light bulb or something.

Simple pouch made of bubble wrap, and out comes the light with a wrist strap. The initial impression was that the light feels very solid and substantial for its size, which is just a tad shorter than a Fenix PD30, but wider as the head on this light is a conical shape, instead of just a straight tube like the Fenix.

Unscrewing the cap to put the battery in unveils that the square cut threads claimed by the company to increase positive feel really works. You would have to try very very hard to cross thread this flashlight cap and the action is very smooth yet secure when you screw the cap on and off. As you don't replace batteries everyday, not sure how this will matter to most, but it's there and it actually works as claimed.

The on/off is oversized and has a good feel. Not crazy about the color, but I'm sure my hands will turn the green plastic into a nice grimy black in no time. The body is also cut into sharp geometric shapes to prevent rolling if you put in down. The edges could be softer, IMHO, but inside my jeans, I don't really feel it anyway.

The bezel doesn't turn except for parts replacement/maintenance since it's only a single mode light but at that price, what do you expect?

The light is pretty bright though. It definitely surpassed my expectations for a single AA light that is pocket sized and cheap. It is definitely brighter than my Surefire 6PD LED which cost at least 5x more and that light takes 2 CR123's which are harder to find and more expensive. Run time is about 1.5 hours claimed on a single AA which is pretty average and fair, if it really lasts that long.

My friend has a truck with medium/dark tinted windows and I shined the light inside and can light up the interior pretty well at night. The throw is also wide enough for general indoor use. Haven't tried it in a dark field or something, I'll do that tonight in the backyard.

I'll update as I carry it more, but this is from the initial impressions and from the first night of pocket carry when I went out to dinner with friends.
i got a p6 drop in from deal extreme for $14 that's a q5, popped it in my g2, and it's brighter than my surefire defender too. Using lifepo2 rechargeables in them, working very well. Carrying spare batts since rechargeables don't last as long, haven't beefed them yet. Did a class on building searches, lasted all night. that's not as long as whole shift though....

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:40   #32
Vigilant

Looking at Jetbeam's product line, they have some nice offerings. I just bought a PA-01 single-AA powered pocket flashlight rated at 140 lumens. It's about the same size as the tiny Fenix E11. Trying really hard to resist buying a BC40 as well.
Old 09-28-2012, 19:50   #33
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Looking at Jetbeam's product line, they have some nice offerings. I just bought a PA-01 single-AA powered pocket flashlight rated at 140 lumens. It's about the same size as the tiny Fenix E11. Trying really hard to resist buying a BC40 as well.
Do it! JetBeam's B series lights are awesome. I don't think a better value than the BC40 exists in that type of light. I own a BC10 as well and it's just as solid.

-Edward Conlon

Last edited by rockapede; 09-28-2012 at 19:52..
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:33   #34
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
Do it! JetBeam's B series lights are awesome. I don't think a better value than the BC40 exists in that type of light. I own a BC10 as well and it's just as solid.
Stop it! You're not helping!

Must resist...... must......resist........ must.....

Crap. I give up.
Old 09-29-2012, 00:02   #35
Glock Holliday

Surefire R-1 Lawman http://www.surefire.com/illumination...bk-lawman.html

The absolute best light I've ever used. $455 MSRP, but I got mine from LA Police Gear for just under $300 (on one of their many weekend sales).
Old 09-29-2012, 00:42   #36
Vigilant

Look at the Jetbeam PA10. With a 14500 battery, the same size as a AA, it will put out as many as 650 lumens. In a pocket flashlight.
Old 09-29-2012, 00:53   #37
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Look at the Jetbeam PA10. With a 14500 battery, the same size as a AA, it will put out as many as 650 lumens. In a pocket flashlight.
I hate you... more money to be spent.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:34   #38
Vigilant

Quote:
I hate you... more money to be spent.
Conceals well under Spandex too.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:18   #39
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Conceals well under Spandex too.
How many do you think I can hide?
Old 09-29-2012, 11:50   #40
Vigilant

Quote:
How many do you think I can hide?
Due to the geometry involved and intel gained as a CO, I'm not EVEN gonna go there.