Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-16-2012, 14:49   #121
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
No. I am siding with the fact that global warming based on man made CO2 is a myth propogated for political and financial gain. Essentially, abusing science once again to put forward an agenda rather than actually pursuing knowledge. The philosophy of science has been pimped out over the years more than a two dollar whore.
So, when they say MMGW is a myth they're credible, but when in the same sentence they refer to hundreds of thousands or even millions of years of earth's history, then you can just ignore that part because they're pushing an agenda. Now that is handy.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 16:49   #122
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
So, when they say MMGW is a myth they're credible, but when in the same sentence they refer to hundreds of thousands or even millions of years of earth's history, then you can just ignore that part because they're pushing an agenda. Now that is handy.

-ArtificialGrape
Even a blind kitten can sometimes find the nipple. Half right was better than all wrong.
Old 09-16-2012, 17:12   #123
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Even a blind kitten can sometimes find the nipple. Half right was better than all wrong.
You have to understand why it's impossible to take you seriously in any discussion involving science given that you must reject core tenets of physics/cosmology, biology, botany, geology, anthropology and chemistry in order to cling to your young earth mythology while you are surrounded by the comforts and conveniences that science provides.

You must understand that with each passing day Young Earthers look more and more like the Flat Earth Society.

-ArtificialGrape
Old 09-16-2012, 18:54   #124
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
No. I am siding with the fact that global warming based on man made CO2 is a myth propogated for political and financial gain.
I'm sure we all await your data in support of this claim.
Old 09-16-2012, 19:02   #125
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
I'm sure we all await your data in support of this claim.
You must live under a rock. You haven't see the the insider trading on "green" energy and the Al Gore crusade, and how much money we have thrown away on a farce. There is a lot of money and political energy wrapped up in the lie of CO2 human caused global warming.
Old 09-16-2012, 19:09   #126
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
You must live under a rock. You haven't see the the insider trading on "green" energy and the Al Gore crusade, and how much money we have thrown away on a farce. There is a lot of money and political energy wrapped up in the lie of CO2 human caused global warming.
Then producing evidence should be trivial.
Old 09-16-2012, 19:18   #127
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Then producing evidence should be trivial.
I don't see why I should do the google footwork on intentional ignorance. It seems like a complete waste of my time. If someone has been so disengaged since the Clinton presidency to figure out this issue, no amount of evidence will change the mind.
Old 09-16-2012, 19:52   #128
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I don't see why I should do the google footwork on intentional ignorance. It seems like a complete waste of my time. If someone has been so disengaged since the Clinton presidency to figure out this issue, no amount of evidence will change the mind.

So in other words... don't have any?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 20:06   #129
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
I don't see why I should do the google footwork on intentional ignorance.
I needed a minute there to clean the tea off my monitor that I spewed after seeing you make reference to "intentional ignorance".

Your personal "ethic" sure gives you a lot of flexibility. First you widely reject numerous fields of science basically because you consider them to be whores to Darwin. Then you support an argument with scientists that you consider credible witnesses when they say something you like, but they're back to being whores when they make reference to the earth being old.

Then you are free to make an assertion, but you don't see why you should do the footwork to support your assertion.

It must be fun to play by your "rules".

-ArtificialGrape
Old 09-16-2012, 20:16   #130
g22od
G-22-OD

Xenu the galactic overlord is responsible for the big bang. This I know, from my faith.
AZEX Mini Uzi SBR
Et in Arcadia ego
g22od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 20:25   #131
Phaze5ive

After wading through this mess, I am so thankful that most of the theists in my life have 'hard' science degrees and can separate faith from reality.
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 21:08   #132
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
You must live under a rock.
Apparently not, I'm very well versed on these things, not just watching old videos.
Quote:
You haven't see the the insider trading on "green" energy and the Al Gore crusade, and how much money we have thrown away on a farce. There is a lot of money and political energy wrapped up in the lie of CO2 human caused global warming.
How does this kind of activity, if it is actually happening, show that climate change is a lie? Aren't the science and the reaction to the science two separate things?
Old 09-16-2012, 21:13   #133
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I don't see why I should do the google footwork on intentional ignorance.
You made a claim. You have been asked to back that claim up with evidence. That's why you should do it. I'm aware of what some claim with regard to climate change. I'm also aware that those making the claims are also frequently not in the least bit credible and, as in the case with the video you posted, totally misrepresent and distort the evidence.
Quote:
It seems like a complete waste of my time. If someone has been so disengaged since the Clinton presidency to figure out this issue, no amount of evidence will change the mind.
Certainly an amount of zero isn't going to change anyone's mind. What you don't seem to understand is that some of us actually do examine the evidence, unlike yourself, in the course of reaching a conclusion. Present evidence that climate change is either not happening or is not the result of human activity and it will receive consideration. Claiming something and then refusing to produce any supporting evidence, as you are doing here, will only lead to the claim being dismissed out of hand.
Old 09-16-2012, 22:49   #134
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by g22od View Post
Xenu the galactic overlord is responsible for the big bang. This I know, from my faith.
Impossible. Xenu was destroyed by Kaldrock the Eater or Worlds before the 15th wave of nothingness. We clearly know from scientific evidence the big bang did not occur until after the 27th wave of nothingness.
Old 09-17-2012, 18:35   #135
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Yes, science has a theory as to what caused the Big Bang and the theory makes predictions that should be observable and testable still today. So, I don't want to hear theists claim that "scientists have no idea what came before the Big Bang" anymore. If you want to challenge the validity of the theory, here it is complete with all the supporting math. Break out your slide rule and microwave detector and have at it.

The Ekpyrotic Universe: Colliding Branes and the Origin of the Hot Big Bang - Justin Khoury (Princeton), Burt A. Ovrut (Univ of Pennsylvania), Paul J. Steinhardt (Princeton), Neil Turok (Cambridge)

Are you even sure there was a big bang?

http://rt.com/news/universe-creation-big-chill-259/

Maybe it wasn't a bang after all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 20:14   #136
g22od
G-22-OD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Impossible. Xenu was destroyed by Kaldrock the Eater or Worlds before the 15th wave of nothingness. We clearly know from scientific evidence the big bang did not occur until after the 27th wave of nothingness.
Ah, I see you are an adherent of the misguided 6th Synod. My sincerest apologies. I deal with 6ers often, with much patience for they are misguided but mean well. They are good people and I am sad that they are Unelect and will not be spared a seat at the Glorious Table of the Elders of Zadotopia. But such is the lot for those who have not received the Eternal Ghost Filled Mysterious Revelation of the Mountain of Zyb. Be well Unelect.
AZEX Mini Uzi SBR
Et in Arcadia ego
Old 09-17-2012, 21:30   #137
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by g22od View Post
Ah, I see you are an adherent of the misguided 6th Synod. My sincerest apologies. I deal with 6ers often, with much patience for they are misguided but mean well. They are good people and I am sad that they are Unelect and will not be spared a seat at the Glorious Table of the Elders of Zadotopia. But such is the lot for those who have not received the Eternal Ghost Filled Mysterious Revelation of the Mountain of Zyb. Be well Unelect.
Mozira will deny you her mystic lasagna. May death come swiftly to Kaldrock's enemies. And may your galactic laser panties fail you at the hour of Noblox.
Old 09-17-2012, 21:59   #138
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Maybe not. Science should always be willing to consider possible alternatives. That's one of the reasons why it works so well. If a new theory comes along then it should be carefully examined, tested and if found to be a superior explanation of observed phenomenon then adopted.

I will say that the Lambda-CDM model of the early universe (popularly known as Big Bang theory) has been extraordinarily successful at describing why the universe is the way it is today. They would have a high bar to overcome to show that their theory is a better fit.

Last edited by Geko45; 09-18-2012 at 10:23..
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 19:09   #139
g22od
G-22-OD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Mozira will deny you her mystic lasagna. May death come swiftly to Kaldrock's enemies. And may your galactic laser panties fail you at the hour of Noblox.
Do NOT take the name of the Divine Galactic Laser Panties in vain! Hrumph!
AZEX Mini Uzi SBR
Et in Arcadia ego
Old 09-19-2012, 18:24   #140
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Are you even sure there was a big bang?

http://rt.com/news/universe-creation-big-chill-259/

Hardly matters when it comes to model approaches to physics. Big Bang, Big Chill whatever. As long as the numbers come out reflecting observation, what language is used to describe it doesn't actually mean anything.

I know your point was to try and show how science doesn't necessarily have it all figured out and it doesn't but replacing the word Bang with Chill doesn't make a lick of difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Maybe not. Science should always be willing to consider possible alternatives. That's one of the reasons why it works so well. If a new theory comes along then it should be carefully examined, tested and if found to be a superior explanation of observed phenomenon then adopted.

I will say that the Lambda-CDM model of the early universe (popularly known as Big Bang theory) has been extraordinarily successful at describing why the universe is the way it is today. They would have a high bar to overcome to show that their theory is a better fit.
A very high bar. Unless the Chill approach reveals things the Bang doesn't there is no point altering the language used. I would not be surprised to find that A Big Chill model results in the same numbers as the BB. Heck there are 5 types of String theory and they all describe the same thing.

We communicate using language, the universe doesn't have one beyond math. The numbers are all that matter. We could replace all language describing the universe with complete gibberish and as long as the numbers are right nothing changes.

The Jabberwocky model of physics will always be equal to whatever classical descriptions we try to apply.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote