SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-15-2012, 21:12   #51
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
Why do atheists even give a crap about folks who have Faith? Make no sense to me.

But another observation wis while they are swift to argue with Christians and Jews, they are tolerant of Muslims. Scared?

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway."
-- John Wayne
We give a crap about faith because 1. it is factually wrong in every way, and 2. they try to legislate how I am supposed to live my life.

Where do you get that we are tolerant of muslims? They are the worst(most dangerous) out of all of them at the moment.
Altaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:59   #52
Sarge1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi View Post
Whether or not you believe you are raging against God, your continued presence in this room seems to indicate otherwise, and that you insist all of us listen to your tantrums.
Where do you come up with this stuff? Maybe you better get back on the meds.

Quote:
Why am I not surprised. You might want to seek out a mission that caters to mens with your particular addiction. You will find Jesus there, waiting for you to come to your senses and put away the hate.

Last edited by Sarge1400; 09-16-2012 at 13:00..
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 14:44   #53
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Because it's humorous. Glad you're back. You're always good for a laugh.
You are not

Quote:
Now, now, now, Matthew 22:36-40.
Now, now, now: a fool says ... there is no God.

Last edited by Green_Manelishi; 09-16-2012 at 14:44..
Green_Manelishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 14:46   #54
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff? Maybe you better get back on the meds.

Never been on meds.

Because you seem willing to dive into the lake of fire, I consider it my duty to keep you entertained until you splash down. After that you are on your own.
Old 09-16-2012, 15:06   #55
muscogee

Quote:
Now, now, now: a fool says ... there is no God.
Well that settles it then.

Tell me one more time how the Flood could have happened because Mt. Everest wasn't' very high back then. The new folks here deserve a look at your wit and wisdom. You're a riot.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 15:15   #56
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Why are you in a RI forum? Trying to shout down the believers? It's not working. You are simply one man lost in the wilderness, raging at the God in whom you don't believe.
Oh it's working. The number of people in this country that identify themselves as religious is dropping. The Number of Atheists, Agnostics, and People who identify themselves as Non-Religious or "Spiritual" are increasing. You guys are losing ground in this country. I could care less about the third world hell holes you mission to. You're losing America. And that's so wonderful for those of us that enjoy true freedom and liberty. The attempt at creating a Theocracy failed. And the believers are being seen as nut cases more and more every single day. Each Generation becomes a little less concerned with God. And that... makes me hopeful for the future.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 15:19   #57
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Well that settles it then.

Tell me one more time how the Flood could have happened because Mt. Everest wasn't' very high back then. The new folks here deserve a look at your wit and wisdom. You're a riot.
Settles what?

Why should I tell you a story you know and have rejected because you are too "intelligent" to accept it?

I am sure the "new folks" can simply look back at the "fossils" of my posts and leap to their own conclusions.
Old 09-16-2012, 16:13   #58
jph02

Quote:
Why are you in a RI forum? Trying to shout down the believers?
Could it be...oh, I don't know...the fact the title of this thread is "The Top 10 Reasons I Don't Believe in God"?
jph02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 17:02   #59
muscogee

Quote:
Settles what?
If the Bible says it then it must be right. Just like the talking snake.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36   #60
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
A very well thought out list of arguments. Rational, logical and completely reasonable arguments that should, at the very least, make a person stop and think.
you'd think so...

Quote:
All of which have been repeated here over and over again with little to no effect. At least no effect on those that regularly post.
Some people must have thought you meant "stop thinking" instead of "stop to think"...

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:43   #61
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
It isn't perfect. But it's supported by tons more research and brilliant minds than what went into the construction of your book. So no... not really ironic.
Should also point out the tons of brilliant minds looking to expose any flaws in the one theory, as opposed to creating apologist arguments to paper the flaws over in the other....

Randy
Old 09-23-2012, 13:21   #62
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Should also point out the tons of brilliant minds looking to expose any flaws in the one theory, as opposed to creating apologist arguments to paper the flaws over in the other....

Randy
I don't think some people really understand how competitive the scientific community is. If there were a rational way to tear down evolution... there are scientists that would LOVE to be the Next Darwin.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-23-2012 at 13:22..
Old 09-23-2012, 16:03   #63
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
I don't think some people really understand how competitive the scientific community is. If there were a rational way to tear down evolution... there are scientists that would LOVE to be the Next Darwin.
Exactly. Who's one of the heroes of 20th century physics?

The guy that tore down Newtons laws of motion after hundreds of years of being "right". Einstein, with Relativity.

The guys that tear down the existing "dogma" are heroes in science, and heretics in religion.

It's beyond ridiculous to suggest that there's some sort of conspiracy (by scientists who are mostly Christian, at least in the US, by the way) to push evolution or the Big Bang theory in order to remove any need for God, or to debunk religion. Science is entirely restricted to the study of natural physical phenomenon, miracles and supernatural stuff are by definition precisely NOT even a subject for scientific study. If anyone can point to the mathematics of God and how to go about performing experiments to replicate miracles, please step forward and I'll retract the above statement.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 09-23-2012 at 16:08..
Old 09-23-2012, 16:21   #64
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Exactly. Who's one of the heroes of 20th century physics?

The guy that tore down Newtons laws of motion after hundreds of years of being "right". Einstein, with Relativity.

The guys that tear down the existing "dogma" are heroes in science, and heretics in religion.

It's beyond ridiculous to suggest that there's some sort of conspiracy (by scientists who are mostly Christian, at least in the US, by the way) to push evolution or the Big Bang theory in order to remove any need for God, or to debunk religion. Science is entirely restricted to the study of natural physical phenomenon, miracles and supernatural stuff are by definition precisely NOT even a subject for scientific study. If anyone can point to the mathematics of God and how to go about performing experiments to replicate miracles, please step forward and I'll retract the above statement.

Randy
Exactly. Scientists don't deal with proving or disproving God. What they're learning is that you just simply don't need such a being for these things to happen on their own.
Old 09-23-2012, 17:25   #65
mymini40

Why are we even debating this? All you have to do is read the bible.
mymini40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 17:58   #66
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymini40 View Post
Exactly. Reading the Bible cover to cover is one of the things that destroyed my faith in God. It's the best book to read if you want to become an Atheist or Agnostic. Most believers have read very little of it.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-23-2012 at 17:58..
Old 09-23-2012, 20:12   #67
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
I only need one reason. It sounds like BS. That's it.
That is not a reason, it is a feeling.
Old 09-23-2012, 20:19   #68
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymini40 View Post
Quote:
Exactly. Reading the Bible cover to cover is one of the things that destroyed my faith in God. It's the best book to read if you want to become an Atheist or Agnostic. Most believers have read very little of it.
I'll second that. Reading the bible cover to cover in an official academic setting is what permantly debunked it for me. Most christians have never really read the bible, but rather they have "studied" it under the guidance of some teacher or author. Small excerpts are taken here and there and put together to illustrate some moral lesson, but never are people told to read whole books in a contiguous fashion. If they did then they (at least many) would realize how silly it all is.
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 20:24   #69
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Most christians have never really read the bible, but rather they have "studied" it under the guidance of some teacher or author.
Often under an apologist focus twisting many of it's meanings in an attempt to force the puzzle pieces to fit.

I love the "You're reading it wrong" or "You're not using the proper context."
Old 09-23-2012, 20:29   #70
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
When you stand before God, tell him those 10 reasons.

(What I'd give to be a fly on the wall during that conversation.)
If there is a god and I meet him/her on judgement day, I have a few questions.

1. Where did he/she come from?

2. If one religion is the correct religion, why do people who practice that religion have a definite advantage, live longer, not die painful deaths,......

3. Why have all the miracles happen a long long time ago? If god would just show up and do something.....
Old 09-23-2012, 20:54   #71
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
Why do atheists even give a crap about folks who have Faith?
I would like to believe.....

But I don't because there are too many questions.
Old 09-23-2012, 21:07   #72
Glock36shooter

Aren't you religious folks not keeping the sabbath holy by posting on here today?
Old 09-23-2012, 21:12   #73
nmk

Quote:
The old fear tactic huh? Believe or face his WRATH! LOL. How silly.
It's worked for thousands of years. Why would they stop now?
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 21:16   #74
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
2. If one religion is the correct religion, why do people who practice that religion have a definite advantage, live longer, not die painful deaths,......
Shouldn't it be why don't people who practice that religion have a definite advantage, etc.
Quote:
3. Why have all the miracles happen a long long time ago? If god would just show up and do something.....
Some claim miracles are happening all the time, just not in any objectively verifiable way. If someone recovers from a potentially terminal disease, that's a miracle. If they die, it's simply the unknowable will of God.
Old 09-23-2012, 21:39   #75
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
It's worked for thousands of years. Why would they stop now?
It's just sad that people still believe in such childish things.