Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-14-2012, 19:13   #1
G23CARRYFAN

Need some help please!

So i'm going to a gun demo tomorrow and was wondering if i should cc? It's at a gun club suppose to be 20-25 gun companies present and a hand full of suppressor companies. First year they are doing this around my area so i'm thinking there are going to be a lot of people, so kinda up in the air about carrying.

G23CARRYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 19:19   #2
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

You kind of need to explain a bit more. My first reaction is why not carry? If it is legal, and you normally carry, then by all means carry...
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 19:41   #3
G23CARRYFAN

Well it's kinda like a gun show and demo, But gun shows in PA that i go to frown upon cc. So yes it is legal, and i normally carry everywhere. Just up in the air for some reason on this.
Old 09-14-2012, 19:48   #4
DaneA

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23CARRYFAN View Post
Well it's kinda like a gun show and demo, But gun shows in PA that i go to frown upon cc. So yes it is legal, and i normally carry everywhere. Just up in the air for some reason on this.
Stop over thinking it.
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 13:05   #5
SCmasterblaster

My first thought

is to carry your CCW gun. It is legal. If they forbid it by signage, then I would not carry it.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 09-15-2012 at 13:05..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 14:16   #6
Shinytop

At the gun shows in Florida I attend there are LEO's at the door asking if you have a gun. If you do they put one of those plastic strips through it so you cannot chamber a round. I have no problem with that.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 14:45   #7
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Are you taking a watch or a phone? Is wearing a watch or carrying a phone legal?

That is the level of thinking that you need to get to. Wearing your gun is no different than wearing a watch. Now drawing it is an entirely different matter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 15:02   #8
G23CARRYFAN

Really was worried about it, until i got there and there were a bunch of people oc. I Was definitely over thinking it.
Old 09-15-2012, 15:08   #9
mj9mm

respect the law, and excercise your rights
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 15:13   #10
Bruce M

I was going to say you would probably be fine either way as you would certainly not be the only one there with a gun but probably also wouldn't really need to worry about being a crime victim there.

How was the show?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 15:49   #11
G23CARRYFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I was going to say you would probably be fine either way as you would certainly not be the only one there with a gun but probably also wouldn't really need to worry about being a crime victim there.

How was the show?

I think they could have set it up a lot better. They had all the gun tents set up on the firing line so the only way you could see the guns was to buy ammo tickets and get in line and go from there. Really think they should have had a tent set up on the other side so you could look at the guns then have the RO take them to the line then fire from there so you can look at them and talk to the dealers. But from what i looked at a lot of nice stuff. Barrett had a really big line to shoot the .50 and .338 Lapua big surprise.