SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:48   #1
Steeler58

NY Reload vs magazine change

Mas

For home protection, if one had enough time to respond to a valid threat, would it be in error to have two glock 22s - one in hand and one in a holster vs doing a magazine reload. I imagine this might present some legal issues or tactical considerations.

thanks

jim
Steeler58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 16:24   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Steeler, a lawyer who wants to paint you as bloodthirsty will do so in any way he can. I would certainly expect them to do so with the matter of the two guns...but then, I'd expect them to try to make you look bloodthirsty for having even one. That can be explained and dealt with.

I'd worry more about the tactical element of one gun in hand, one gun in holster, and only one holster to go around. There are any number of home defense situations where you might need to secure your drawn gun in a holster: the arrival of the police you've summoned, for example. Answering a suspicious knock on the door and finding out it's someone who's OK. Having to scoop up a kid or an invalid and carry them to the safe room. Et cetera.

If you need the hand holding the gun to be empty for something else, and don't have anyplace to put the gun, that can get a little iffy. Glock and its instructors STRONGLY insist that a loaded Glock should NEVER be thrust into waistband or pocket without a holster that can safely cover the trigger guard, and I have to agree.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote