SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:05   #1
M24C

Sights and vehicle carry.

Massad,

I bought the Advanced Tactical Sights and put them on a Glock 26 this past week and over the past 2 weeks I've reviewing my shooting and practicing your stress fire techniques. One thing I was reviewing was the Stress Fire Point index as you stated you got from Todd Jarrett “Shooting out of the notch”. In your opinion would you say that the Advantage Tactical sights make it easy to do that Shooting out of the notch or Stress Fire Point index? Those sights seem to make it real easy to see the front sight and get fast shots off. It seems to do what you are trying to achieve with that technique. Since you have taught that for many years I was wondering if you thought those sights made that easier to see the front sight.

Second question is on your thoughts of guns mounted in holsters off your body in a vehicle while traveling? I have a holster mounted under the steering wheel where I sometimes put the gun, it makes it easier to grab than in either appendix carry or strong side hip. But at times I believe it would be better to have 2 guns one gun on me and the other in the holster off body so if I need it to present it faster. I was wondering what your thoughts where on vehicle carry, I’ve seen in the books I have of yours you have no mention of off body carry in vehicles. Which usually means it is bad or not recommended.
40 Club number #164
M24C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 19:42   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

1st Q: I think I had StressPoint Index before Todd had Out of the Notch, but that's not important. I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere, figured it out before either of us. With the Advantage Tactical, I usually just put the front triangle where I want to hit and press the trigger, when working fast inside 7 yards, the same outside distance I use for conventional front sight above rear sight with the above technique. YMMV.

2nd Q: The car holster can be both useful and convenient. Trick lies in keeping it where YOU can reach it but those outside the car can't see it, and dealing with possibility of having to leave loaded gun in an unattended motor vehicle. Another YMMV, I'm afraid.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30   #3
M24C

Mas,

With regards to the sights I understand what you are saying within seven yards the tactics don't change, outside that range you are taking the time to get get a good sight picture due to the triangulation issue outside of 7 yards for handguns to get a better shot. To me those sights just stand out and seems to me make it easier to shoot the Stress Point index, (Plus getting older and my sight isn't as good as 24 years ago, when I was 25).

On the vehicle holster, it is under the steering and same color as the dash, helps blend it in. I understand your point not wanting it to be seen for normal pedestrian walking by. Yes leaving the gun in the holster in the car by accident is one thing I've been worried about. If I do have to leave the gun in the car due to where I am going. Gun Free Zones, Areas where Criminals are the ones that have guns. I have a lock box, I put the gun or guns in.

Thank you for your insights and your experience you are willing to share with us.
40 Club number #164
M24C is offline   Reply With Quote