SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:22   #1
a changed man

Will LA county really issue CCW's

Hello,
Any idea how long it will take the ninth court to rule on the appeal regarding the right to ccw, I mean will the entire court agree to hear the case. And if they do, what to you think their decision will be? I know nobody has a crystal ball. But living in Los Angeles, I want to know if it's too early to get excited.
a changed man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:43   #2
xmanhockey7

Go apply and see if they'll approve you. My understanding is CA law allows you to apply and if they approve you, you can then go through the necessary steps like training to obtain the license.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:11   #3
eb07
Sharkin'

It is my understanding this has been appealed by the state ag communist in charge. So my guess is some counties will use every excuse and loophole to deny until the appeal is heard or denied.

I haven't heard any updates on this
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 20:30   #4
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Despite these appeals, plenty of other counties already said that they will issue CCWs and not going to fight the appellate court's judgment.
Old 05-03-2014, 20:30   #5
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by a changed man View Post
Hello,
Any idea how long it will take the ninth court to rule on the appeal regarding the right to ccw, I mean will the entire court agree to hear the case. And if they do, what to you think their decision will be? I know nobody has a crystal ball. But living in Los Angeles, I want to know if it's too early to get excited.
The way I understand it, the Sheriff that lost in Peruta v San Diego has stated he will not appeal to an en-blanc hearing. He has quit fighting and is issuing permits. However the Attorney General in CA has filed for the state to appeal. Right now the 9th is trying to decide to allow that or not.

From what I can read Orange County is now shall issue. Any chance of moving a county over?
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 15:18   #6
donsls6
Glock Prince

Keep the faith. I live in Illinois where I never thought we would never have concealed carry. I stand before you today with my concealed carry license and a happy gun owner. In time I think there will be a national concealed carry license.
Future- Mossberg 590A1 Ruger SR 1911-C
donsls6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 15:28   #7
SCmasterblaster

The time is NOW for a national CCW.
Old 05-04-2014, 16:51   #8
Bruce M

I would be extremely leery of getting the federal government involved in concealed weapons licensing.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 17:06   #9
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I would be extremely leery of getting the federal government involved in concealed weapons licensing.
it doesn't have to be federally involved. think of it like a driver's license. you get a license in one state... do they require you to get another in another state to drive there? no. you're licensed, you drive. period.

the way he's meaning, I think, is you get a CCW/CHL... you're licensed, you carry. period.
Old 05-04-2014, 17:26   #10
AZ Husker

Have you followed the ninth courts rulings? Good luck. The only chance you have is if they rule that state law supersedes local or county, which we all know does.
Old 05-04-2014, 17:40   #11
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
The way I understand it, the Sheriff that lost in Peruta v San Diego has stated he will not appeal to an en-blanc hearing. He has quit fighting and is issuing permits. However the Attorney General in CA has filed for the state to appeal. Right now the 9th is trying to decide to allow that or not.

From what I can read Orange County is now shall issue. Any chance of moving a county over?
That's what I heard, and a friend that's moving back there that didn't know that has a new priority.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 18:57   #12
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
Not so fast my friend! Suddenly OC doesn't look so friendly anymore.

They (the sheriffs office is insisting that every applicant must be interviewed as part of the process) are taking a real long time to process the applications.

From what I'm hearing some people that have applied are not being given interview dates until 18 months from now.

I should know more myself next week when I apply and request an interview date.

HR

Last edited by Hugo R; 05-04-2014 at 18:58..
Hugo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 20:58   #13
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
No way!

State issued with nationwide reciprocity.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 22:09   #14
AZ Husker

Hugo...Any idea of what the questions are during the interview? That seems very subjective to me, not everyone is going to get the same interviewer or his/her personal opinions. Maybe a written test would be more fair in OC? I still think you all are getting it shoved to you simply because of the county you live in. Go up to Turlock and everyone who applies that qualifies gets theirs quickly. Same state law. Discriminatory?
Old 05-04-2014, 22:51   #15
mreed911
Kool-Aid

Send a message via AIM to mreed911 Send a message via Yahoo to mreed911
Quote:

No, it's not. This, like anything else, is a states issue for anything beyond constitutional right to carry. Mode (concealed) is definitely an issue reserved to the states and not to be assumed by the federal govt.
mreed911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 23:50   #16
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Seriously? The guy who never misses a chance to tell people that Vermont is a Constitutional Carry state, and now you want the feds to dictate CCW laws?

No!!!! I trust the feds even less than I do my own state govt. This is a state issue, let the states deal with it. What needs to happen, is the feds need to make all states comply with the US Constitution. That should be the limit of the feds involvement in this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29   #17
a changed man

What happened in Illinois shows miracles can happen. If one doesn't happen soon, I'll consider moving to a gun friendly state.
a changed man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 21:55   #18
Rehab Doc

There was a 2 month waiting period for my interview but when I had my CCW interview in Riverside County a couple of weeks ago only had a couple a questions regarding the application and the rest of the time was just friendly talk. The deputy did review the application thoroughly. Had Live Scan last week and scheduled to qualify in a couple of weeks then the wait starts again.
Rehab Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 18:04   #19
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo R View Post
Not so fast my friend! Suddenly OC doesn't look so friendly anymore.

They (the sheriffs office is insisting that every applicant must be interviewed as part of the process) are taking a real long time to process the applications.

From what I'm hearing some people that have applied are not being given interview dates until 18 months from now.

I should know more myself next week when I apply and request an interview date.

HR

The interview process is standard in shall issue counties. In my interview we talked guns, holsters, he asked if I had any questions, basically it was to give a detective to get a read on the applicant to see if they are a nutcase - it was a piece of cake.

When a county switches to shall issue it is a challenge processing all the applications. When Sacramento County went shall issue it was not long till the wait list for appointments went to a year.

In response some cities in Sac county also went shall issue to help alleviate the pressure on the Sheriff dept.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Last edited by Cali-Glock; 05-10-2014 at 18:06..
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 19:33   #20
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

The county I live in and the four surrounding counties are shall issue. Some counties require an interview and range time with the mandatory course, while at least one looks at your packet and gives you the blessing without any hoops to jump through. The important thing is that this is a major crack in the dam for California. When liberal counties start issuing permits and then notice that there ISN'T blood running in the streets, it'll gain momentum. Think about it, there are two things liberals want from you; your money and control of your actions. A CCW allows them to do this. But it's good for the CA citizens!

I teach CCW classes here in CA and there's a HUGE increase in the number and type of people applying. Store managers, county clerical workers, housewives, dry cleaners and business owners have recently passed through my class. It's good to see.