Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-22-2013, 19:24   #1
unclebob

Load Master press?

What all comes included with the Load Master press?
GSSF Life Member
Old 11-22-2013, 21:50   #2
unclebob

Okay letís put it another way. I will assume that it comes with the tool head, dies, shell plate, and powder measure? Does it come with the brass feed tubes? And or anything else Iím missing?
GSSF Life Member
Old 11-22-2013, 22:14   #3
dkf

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/536...ial-357-magnum

Quote:
Kit Includes: Carbide 3-Die Set (Full Length Sizer Die, Powder-Through Expander and Bullet Seating Die) Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure, Case Feeder, Loaded Round Ejector, Case Catch Bin, Shellplate
Should come with the turret also.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 22:19   #4
bush pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
Okay letís put it another way. I will assume that it comes with the tool head, dies, shell plate, and powder measure? Does it come with the brass feed tubes? And or anything else Iím missing?
A bottle of aspirin?

Send me your wheel weights, do it for the children.
bush pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 22:29   #5
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush pilot View Post
A bottle of aspirin?

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the thread but I held my tongue so other certain members don't suffer hurt feelings or an aneurysm.
Old 11-22-2013, 23:56   #6
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the thread but I held my tongue so other certain members don't suffer hurt feelings or an aneurysm.
My feelings aer hurt & I don't even own one.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 11-23-2013 at 10:06..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 00:33   #7
Colorado4Wheel

It has a version of a case feeder. But you load the tubes by hand. You can just feed the press like a 550 as well. It comes pretty complete really. If the primer system works for you it's a great press.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:11   #8
at_liberty

Quote:
What all comes included with the Load Master press?
If willing to tinker with it and implement some enhancements, you get the satisfaction that you saved a significant amount of money. Setup-and-go types are into bashing this press, because they never mastered it, if they even tried it. If they can afford something easier, more power to them. I have a Hornady Lnl AP in addition to a Pro1000 and Loadmaster, but I didn't start there and know which I prefer.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:21   #9
bush pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by at_liberty View Post
If willing to tinker with it and implement some enhancements, you get the satisfaction that you saved a significant amount of money. Setup-and-go types are into bashing this press, because they never mastered it, if they even tried it. If they can afford something easier, more power to them. I have a Hornady Lnl AP in addition to a Pro1000 and Loadmaster, but I didn't start there and know which I prefer.
Many people would rather be loading ammo than constantly "tinkering" with their press to get it to work. Having a press that needs constant attention is not fun. Did you ever have a gun that would shoot 1 round and jam or shoot 3 and jam? You never knew what was going to happen next. BTW, a friend purchased a LM and between the two of us we couldn't get it to load more than 40-50 rounds without a problem. FWIW, we watched the videos and tried the "fixes", he now has a 550.

If anyone needs help with a LM, look for Uncle Don on this forum. Not only is a great guy, he can answer your LM questions better than Lee themselves.

Send me your wheel weights, do it for the children.
bush pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:46   #10
unclebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Thanks for the rely. I forgot about Midway having a better list of what all is included with the press. Even better than Leeís own catalog.

Reloading
GSSF Life Member
Old 11-23-2013, 13:13   #11
RustyFN

Quote:
BTW, a friend purchased a LM and between the two of us we couldn't get it to load more than 40-50 rounds without a problem.
Yep has to be the fault of the press.
Old 11-23-2013, 13:15   #12
Colorado4Wheel

So are you going to give it a try? I like my LCT but if the freaking priming system on the LM worked I would much prefer it. It was so freaking close for me. But when things went wrong it would damage parts. So I walked away after trying EVERYTHING suggested. BUT NOW Lee has redesigned the exact area I had issues with. Makes me want to try again just to satisfy my morbid sense of curiosity. Reality for me is if the primer system of both the LnL and LM worked the same I would take a LM over a LnL any day of the week. I would adapt a Dillon Casefeeder to the LM and it would be like a inexpensive 1050.
Old 11-23-2013, 13:16   #13
Colorado4Wheel

http://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/m...0bench_017.htm

A lot of that info on some of the fixes is new in the last 6 years. So I didn't know that either.

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 11-23-2013 at 13:26..
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 14:04   #14
at_liberty

Quote:
Many people would rather be loading ammo than constantly "tinkering" with their press to get it to work. Having a press that needs constant attention is not fun. Did you ever have a gun that would shoot 1 round and jam or shoot 3 and jam? You never knew what was going to happen next. BTW, a friend purchased a LM and between the two of us we couldn't get it to load more than 40-50 rounds without a problem. FWIW, we watched the videos and tried the "fixes", he now has a 550.

If anyone needs help with a LM, look for Uncle Don on this forum. Not only is a great guy, he can answer your LM questions better than Lee themselves.
Owners encountering problems should be seeking out solutions, not bashing the press and other people's pride in it.

Like you, I prefer to setup and load with little or no hassle. I either enhance the press or it is already working fine. I have yet to give up on a piece of equipment, nor have I cost justified converting all calibers to my Lnl AP or some Dillon model. I like good machinery (and nice guns that shoot straight and reliably, making me look like a good shot), but I have to cost justify things and buy what I can afford.
Old 11-23-2013, 14:24   #15
Colorado4Wheel

Take pride in your work not the press you own.
Old 11-23-2013, 14:56   #16
unclebob

Okay I have a guy that wants to buy my LCT. For a song and a dance I can get the LM. My first choice? Hell no but in 3 months I will be 68 and buying another 650 would be out of the question. Supposedly they have fixed the priming problem on the LM. All I want it to do is load 800 to about 2000 45acp a year on the LM. For matches and a little practice 45acp ammo. Yes I very easily can do that on the LCT. I just like one pull of the handle and a finished round falls out. I then can leave my 650 set up to loading 9mm. Also if the LM screws up I can fall back on the 650 in about 8 minutes. I also would just like to have firsthand experience loading on the LM.
GSSF Life Member
Old 11-23-2013, 15:06   #17
Colorado4Wheel

Make sure you bench is ROCK SOLID. It will not handle any shaking. Besides that and the links I posted that is all the advice I have. Good luck. I think it will at least be a fun experiment.
Old 11-23-2013, 17:28   #18
norton

Quote:
Okay I have a guy that wants to buy my LCT. For a song and a dance I can get the LM. My first choice? Hell no but in 3 months I will be 68 and buying another 650 would be out of the question. Supposedly they have fixed the priming problem on the LM. All I want it to do is load 800 to about 2000 45acp a year on the LM. For matches and a little practice 45acp ammo. Yes I very easily can do that on the LCT. I just like one pull of the handle and a finished round falls out. I then can leave my 650 set up to loading 9mm. Also if the LM screws up I can fall back on the 650 in about 8 minutes. I also would just like to have firsthand experience loading on the LM.
UB
I ordered a L/M a couple of months ago. I gave it to my wife to give to me for Christmas.
I plan to use it for 9mm. FYI, I own a Dillon 550 with case feeder, and just wanted to try the L/M to see if I can make it work. I will follow your posts to see what your experience is, since its going to be the first of the year before I get mine up and running.
Old 11-23-2013, 18:03   #19
Uncle Don
Wood butcher

Don't get me wrong - I have no intention of using anything different than I have because I'm fortunate enough that mine (LM) runs without issue.

Curious though, I went to my local Scheels today to pick up a couple of things and noticed that they had about 15 Dillon 650s on an end cap for $500 each. I know so little about them, I'm just wondering if that is a good price. I have run a 550 owned by a friend, but have never seen a 650.
Uncle Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 18:18   #20
dkf

Sounds like the basic 650 kit for $500 which is a good price. Does not include the case feeder and a bunch of other bells and whistles to keep the price down.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con...catid/1/XL_650

I wish we had Scheels and Fleet Farm stores here the northeast.

Last edited by dkf; 11-23-2013 at 18:20..