Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-01-2012, 14:00   #1
wuvmyglock

Speed Sights?? Thoughts and opinions

Anyone try these sights? I like the concept but would like some "user" input if possible..
http://www.speedsights.com/

Last edited by wuvmyglock; 09-01-2012 at 14:09..
wuvmyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:50   #2
mindiman

I know what your saying, I have just contacted Speedsight on some more specs. As the info on websight is so vague, once I receive their reply I will post it here, I want a set of these sights but I want a product I can trust too.
mindiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 15:00   #3
wuvmyglock

According to their webpage, they have a 2 month warranty period if you unhappy they will refund your $$$ . Be nice to at least get some feedback first.. Might just have to take the plunge.. LOL
wuvmyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 15:04   #4
Walk Soft

I am considering them too.Interesting concept. I know of a couple people on a different forum(glockforum.com)who have bought them.I'm just waiting on their opinions.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 19:23   #5
mindiman

Hello Tom,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Below is some additional information to answer your questions.
What are the height of front and rear sights for Glock 30?
Our Specs call for .45 caliber Glocks to have slightly taller rear sights, like the Glock factory specs, where the .45 rear sights are about .016" of an inch taller than the rear for 9mm and .40 caliber. This changes the point of aim / point of impact about 2-3" at about 25 yards. Our front sight height is always the same, regardless of caliber. Our front / rear height ratio is designed for point of aim / point of impact to be the tip of the front sight at combat distances using a center hold. For the Glock, we have a "Plus 3" rear sight as well, an extra high for longer distances or particular guns.
The numbers for the front and rear: (this may vary slightly across different sights)
Rear: .248" *
Front: .230"

What is the warranty on the life of the tritium sights?
The tritium lamps themselves are covered by Trijicon for 12 years. Tritium has a half life of 12 years. If the sights stop glowing before that we'll replace them and then send the sight to Trijicon.
If any part of the rest of the sight fails due to a defect under normal use, we'll replace it.
If a set fails "in the line of duty", unusual hard use, such as being dropped or smashed, we offer a dealer cost to replace.

Where is your product made?
Speed Sights and their components*are manufactured, assembled, packaged and shipped from within the United States, by American companies.

Any other info would help me feel more confident in making a purchase?
You can try the Speed Sights for two months and if they don't work for you for any reason,*you can return them for a refund, including the shipping cost.
You might find this latest review, from Law Enforcement Direct, interesting. They tested the Speed Sights against a set of conventional 3 dot sights and included photo / images that show the results.
[url]http://blog.lawenforcementdirect.com/review-speed-sights-by-advanced-design-and-engineering/#more-110[/url]
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Don
Advanced Design and Engineering
[url]www.speedsights.com[/url]
[email]info@speedsights.com[/email]
530-913-2565
1240 W. Sims Way, Suite 103
Port Townsend, WA

Old 09-03-2012, 19:33   #6
mindiman

I'll be putting in my order and field test in day and night situations, at close range and 25 - 100 yard drills, with and without laser/light combo
Old 09-06-2012, 00:43   #7
Bob45acp
HandgunWorld

I'm a Speed Sights dealer. http://www.handgunworld.com/speed-sights/

Since I interviewed Don the owner of Speed Sights on my podcast recently, I got more serious about using them. I have them on 3 of my Glocks and can say without a doubt, they are the best sights I've used, to date. They give me 3 sight systems in one.

1. Combat Sights with very fast front sight acquisition and front sight focus.
2. Precision shooting and long distance sight. Use the pointy tip of the diamond in front. Also, they don't cover up as much of the target, as other sights do at long distances. Recently at one of my classes, I was regularly hitting a steel hostage taker target at 75 yards with Speed Sights and my Glock 19.

3. Good quality tritium night sights.

Don described it best in my interview with him, http://www.handgunworld.com/ep-188-speed-sights/, they are like "crosshairs" on a pistol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Suarez International Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
Texas CHL Instructor

Last edited by Bob45acp; 09-06-2012 at 00:44..
Bob45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 13:23   #8
BigSpenda864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45acp View Post
I'm a Speed Sights dealer. http://www.handgunworld.com/speed-sights/

Since I interviewed Don the owner of Speed Sights on my podcast recently, I got more serious about using them. I have them on 3 of my Glocks and can say without a doubt, they are the best sights I've used, to date. They give me 3 sight systems in one.

1. Combat Sights with very fast front sight acquisition and front sight focus.
2. Precision shooting and long distance sight. Use the pointy tip of the diamond in front. Also, they don't cover up as much of the target, as other sights do at long distances. Recently at one of my classes, I was regularly hitting a steel hostage taker target at 75 yards with Speed Sights and my Glock 19.

3. Good quality tritium night sights.

Don described it best in my interview with him, http://www.handgunworld.com/ep-188-speed-sights/, they are like "crosshairs" on a pistol.
Thanks for the link Bob. I have recently decided to get one gun to do multiple things. I wanted something that would serve me well as a police duty weapon and also wouldn't put me at a disadvantage in my new endeavor into competition shooting. I picked up a Glock 35 and have been looking for new sights that will serve both purposes. I worry about the durability of fiber optics and I just don't think old fashioned night sights are enough. I really enjoyed your podcast with the Speedsight owner. They may be just the thing I have been looking for.
BigSpenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 17:30   #9
Bob45acp
HandgunWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
Thanks for the link Bob. I have recently decided to get one gun to do multiple things. I wanted something that would serve me well as a police duty weapon and also wouldn't put me at a disadvantage in my new endeavor into competition shooting. I picked up a Glock 35 and have been looking for new sights that will serve both purposes. I worry about the durability of fiber optics and I just don't think old fashioned night sights are enough. I really enjoyed your podcast with the Speedsight owner. They may be just the thing I have been looking for.
You're welcome. They are by durable and give you the fiber optic like function. I have 2 sights left with the green front sight. If you want a set go to the Speed Sights page on my website. And thanks for listening.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Pistol Instructor
Texas CHL Instructor

Last edited by Bob45acp; 09-18-2012 at 17:31..
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47   #10
BigSpenda864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45acp View Post
You're welcome. They are by durable and give you the fiber optic like function. I have 2 sights left with the green front sight. If you want a set go to the Speed Sights page on my website. And thanks for listening.
I am certainly interested. I guess you don't have the orange front and white rear? I'm not sure which color front I would prefer.
BigSpenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 19:28   #11
Bob45acp
HandgunWorld

I can get a set like that quickly. Once you order them, let me know. I've got an exchange to do with the manufacturer and I'll exchange a green set for an orange set for you.

NRA Pistol Instructor
Texas CHL Instructor
Old 09-24-2012, 21:11   #12
mindiman

I just installed my new SPEED SIGHT DIAMOND NIGHT SIGHTS and I'm excited, quality made,nice and snug fit with some fine honing needed.so far the only con I have is the sharp 90* degree edges which can be a potential hang up or snag.field test coming soon, FOR SALE Pro-sight Green fiber optic sight by tactical shooting academy for Glock
Old 09-25-2012, 20:42   #13
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Been thinking about Speed Sights (or ghost rings) to help with old eyes. Have yet to find anything close to a consensus. Looking forward to some field reports.
Old 09-25-2012, 20:49   #14
GlockinNJ

Those sights look awesome. Will definitely consider.
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 21:23   #15
Bob45acp
HandgunWorld

I ordered 15 sets and sold them out within 2 weeks. As for a field report, I was an assistant instructor at a course in San Antonio recently and at the end of the class, we put up a steel target, about 19" X 23" at 75 yards. If you've ever shot a target that size from 75 yards, let me tell you, it looks really small.

I loaded up my Glock 19 and hit the steel 5 out of the first 7 shots. That proved to me they are also very good for precision accuracy and long distance.

I shot an IDPA match with the same Glock 19 a couple weeks later and placed 5th out of 22 shooters in SSP (overall) that day, using Speed Sights.

With my Warren Tacticals, the same long distance steel target shooting, I had to aim for the bottom of the target because they were shooting way too high.

Speed Sights are on all of my Glocks now. I also have them coming in soon, for XD/XDM pistols.

NRA Pistol Instructor
Texas CHL Instructor
Old 09-25-2012, 21:25   #16
Bob45acp
HandgunWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindiman View Post
I just installed my new SPEED SIGHT DIAMOND NIGHT SIGHTS and I'm excited, quality made,nice and snug fit with some fine honing needed.so far the only con I have is the sharp 90* degree edges which can be a potential hang up or snag.field test coming soon, FOR SALE Pro-sight Green fiber optic sight by tactical shooting academy for Glock
For what it's worth, I've field tested them using IWB and OWB in 2 different training classes and IDPA. Never a snag on any of my clothing.

NRA Pistol Instructor
Texas CHL Instructor
Old 10-02-2012, 20:39   #17
mindiman

I had the oppratunity to try my new speedsight diamond sights in between attending my local gun show all weekend, I now am a true believer in these sights, all the testimonials I have read are exactly what I have experienced,the evolution of sights are here,I want these on all my handguns and rifles now,what's taking so long for the development of other handgun sights?, the bright green really stands out making for a super fast accusation, my only regret was I didn't have enough time to perform all the field drills I intended,I've got plenty 45acp +p loads for this weekend.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:54   #18
Walk Soft

I've been waiting two months for them to be back in stock.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 20:19   #19
pistolcompetitor

Anyone know if the MGW sight pusher will work with these rear sights?
pistolcompetitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09   #20
MAXG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
I've been waiting two months for them to be back in stock.

Were you ever able to acquire these? I've been waiting as well, and emails and phone calls to the company have gone unanswered. Are they still around? Anyone know what's up here?

thanks,

MG

-----
Above all cursed be the tame, dull spirit which bears life's evils patiently. - Faust
MAXG is offline   Reply With Quote