Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-24-2012, 14:46   #1
DonD

Anti Gun Lunatics

Was at the library today and went into the magazine section. Saw a relatively recent Time magazine which had a cover story titled "How Guns Won."

Sat down and read it, the author was Joe Klein. Don't know much about him but he's a liberal.

Well, he was honest enough to admit that the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban did nothing to reduce crime.

He railed about the "arsenal" of ammo the Aurora, CO creep Holmes acquired. Well, if he knew something about shooting he might know that competitive shooters like Rob Leatham probably average 250 rds/day for proficiency and a family with husband and wife and say a couple youngsters shooting .22LRs might easily burn through 3 bricks of .22LR ammo per week, he might not make such a stupid statement.

At the end, he fortunately showed his prejudices and biases and said something to the effect that no legitimate sportsman has any need for semi auto firearms or high capacity magazines.

What an ass, Remington introduced semi auto rifles to the general public early in the 1900s, semi auto shotguns dominate the "horrible, violent" sports of skeet and trap and almost all bird hunting. The type of action is irrelevant, a pro can put out far more accurate shots using a bolt than a neophyte can with a semi auto rifle. Just another excuse to take firearms away from the innocent.

He also failed to mention that the incredibly inept liberal Attorney General in Clinton's term, Janet Reno, testified in front of Congress that out of all the thousands of cases of felons trying to buy firearms and failing NICS checks, she prosecuted only 6. What's the good of anti gun laws if those who succeed in getting them into law fail to enforce them? Don
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 18:05   #2
Berto
woo woo

I read some of the article, but not the whole thing.
It struck me as being somewhat even handed considering the source, but I also noted (at least what I read) no mention of the fact that the vast majority of Americans simply don't want gun control. They know it doesn't serve any good.
Old 08-24-2012, 19:15   #3
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Unfortunately, people are stupid, and they do as they are told by their "leaders".

We even have some of them here on GT because they just don't get it.

Remember.....you can't fix stupid.

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57   #4
writwing

Everyday cars kill more people then guns and no one cares. This is just the communists trying to take our guns away,,,,, and they are winning.

Its anti gun, meat, trans fat, smoke, gas guzzlers, big gulps, fried chicken, big macs, jumbo fries, sugar, salt, coffee,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by writwing; 08-25-2012 at 10:03..
writwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:09   #5
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post
Everyday cars kill more people then guns and no one cares. This is just the communists trying to take our guns away,,,,, and they are winning.

Its anti gun, meat, trans fat, smoke, gas guzzlers, big gulps, fried chicken, big macs, jumbo fries, sugar, salt, coffee,,,,,,,,,,,
Yep, liberals hate most of what a large portion of America enjoys, cars other than battery vehicles or Prius's, boats other than sailboats (but then they hate the pickup used to tow it), ATVs, PWCs, the list goes on and on.

Surrender your money to us and we'll take care of you. Don
Old 08-26-2012, 00:52   #6
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
I read some of the article, but not the whole thing.
It struck me as being somewhat even handed considering the source, but I also noted (at least what I read) no mention of the fact that the vast majority of Americans simply don't want gun control. They know it doesn't serve any good.
As America becomes more and more diverse and overfilled the crime will go up and guns are needed for people to protect themselves from the two legged snakes. Anyone with any sense knows that a society without guns cannot fight government oppression.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19   #7
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post

"What's with the three seashells?"

Quote:
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:06   #8
Apetrulis01

Back when I was younger I understood why the founders placed the second amendment in the bill of rights but thought to myself we would never have to use it to defend against or government. (I knew defense and sporting were great reason too)

Well, as i get older and time goes forward the whole government thing I start to rethink.

Deputy Sheriff: Duty Gun Glock 22, S&W Magpul Midlength 16" AR, Remington 870, Glock 27, BUG: Ruger LCP
Apetrulis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:09   #9
Bill Keith

Boy, has the term 'liberal' been demonized! What is the historical meaning of 'liberal'?

Last edited by Bill Keith; 08-26-2012 at 07:13..
Bill Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:12   #10
Bill Keith

Liberalism
Promoting ideals of democracy where people elect their own government.
Promoting universal human rights with equal rights to women and people of other faiths.
Freedom of worship and speech.
Promoting equal rights irrespective of race, sex or sexuality.
The rule of law.

Don't automatically equate liberalism with anti-gun.
"If you don't study your history, you're doomed to repeat it"... a famous quate, I'll leave it to you to figure out who said it and in what context.

Last edited by Bill Keith; 08-26-2012 at 07:13..
Bill Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24   #11
Dawolf

Most of the anti-gun loud mouth knee-jerkers I have talked have never shot a gun and speak from ignorance.
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:44   #12
smokin762

We and our parents and grandparents have allowed this to happen over the years. I am sure there is a large population of people whom vote for the same parties as their parents do. If they even vote at all.

My parents didnít start voting until they were in their 60ís. I registered to vote when I was 18 years old. A friend of mine had a father that told me and his son one day, that we should register to vote if we want to have our voice to be heard and that place was at the voting booth. He called his City Councilman and asked him if he could find out if help was needed for setting up voting booths during elections.

My friend and I worked with a group of people twice, setting up and taking down voting booths. I found it to be very interesting.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:12   #13
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keith View Post

Don't automatically equate liberalism with anti-gun.
Quite correct, however, equally correct is that the vast majority of anti gun individuals will call themselves liberals just as while some Democrats are pro gun, they're among the minority in their party. Don
Old 08-26-2012, 10:16   #14
jb1911

Liberal:

A compasionate person that wants to help the less fortunate; with your money.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:18   #15
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin762 View Post
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]My parents didnít start voting until they were in their 60ís. I registered to vote when I was 18 years old
During one of the recent Presidential voting fiascos where the Democrats openly sought to void all military absentee ballots in FL, I came to an aggravating conclusion. I believe that for the 21 yrs I was on active duty in the Navy, a legal resident of FL, frequently deployed on ships in the Mediterranean, that NONE of my ballots were ever counted. They were trashed for some inappropriate reason or another.

This is despite the Navy working hard to encourage absentee voting. Don
Old 08-27-2012, 15:06   #16
smokin762

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
During one of the recent Presidential voting fiascos where the Democrats openly sought to void all military absentee ballots in FL, I came to an aggravating conclusion. I believe that for the 21 yrs I was on active duty in the Navy, a legal resident of FL, frequently deployed on ships in the Mediterranean, that NONE of my ballots were ever counted. They were trashed for some inappropriate reason or another.

This is despite the Navy working hard to encourage absentee voting. Don
I tend to wonder when people do interfere with ballots, is it from a political party or is it just misguided people. Either way, these people are committing fraud.
Old 08-27-2012, 16:15   #17
Dawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin762 View Post
I tend to wonder when people do interfere with ballots, is it from a political party or is it just misguided people. Either way, these people are committing fraud.
As michael Savage has said repeatedly "liberalism is a mental disorder."
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 17:32   #18
smokin762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawolf View Post
As michael Savage has said repeatedly "liberalism is a mental disorder."
Ya, they are pretty messed up. Some of the things I have heard liberals say has made me believe this country of ours is is not only split but has a gap in it the size of the Grand Canyon.

I just noticed where your from. Sorry!

Last edited by smokin762; 08-28-2012 at 17:35..
Old 08-28-2012, 21:04   #19
bac1023

I'll have to check out the article.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 21:13   #20
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I'll have to check out the article.
Don't waste your time. It'll just piss you off. Time magazine is fortunately, running out of time.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote