SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-25-2012, 14:46   #1
esminbritt
Elias

Chainsaw Rem 870???

My next gun purchase is going to be a shotgun, 12ga. mainly for home defense. I was going to get one with a stock, for aiming and controlability. But I recently tested a sawed-off mossberg 500 w/ a chainsaw grip and grip-activated laser sight. that thing was awesome. Very accurate with slugs (I only shot it out to 15 yards.) Now I am considering one of these, but I still want a Remington. Any thoughts?
esminbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 14:54   #2
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by esminbritt View Post
My next gun purchase is going to be a shotgun, 12ga. mainly for home defense. I was going to get one with a stock, for aiming and controlability. But I recently tested a sawed-off mossberg 500 w/ a chainsaw grip and grip-activated laser sight. that thing was awesome. Very accurate with slugs (I only shot it out to 15 yards.) Now I am considering one of these, but I still want a Remington. Any thoughts?

Seriously?

IMO it is actually the first hing I have seen that is sillier that the stockless pistol grips.

It takes a veratile tool and turns it into a comic book weapon.

Shotguns are great for a number of things. That thing takes about half of them away. It's a Pallus on a hooby horse.

But if you aren't serious about the gun and want it just for fun, go for it.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 15:09   #3
BenjiEDF

I think the "chainsaw" mossberg is rediculous too lol. But I'm not going to play thought police and tell you what to do with your money.

I went with a mossberg thunder ranch. It has a 12.75" length of pull, a tri-rail forend, breacher barrel (tacticool to some, I like it). I considered the 870 too but Moss Pawns video on youtube swayed me towards the mossberg.

I do like the regular synthetic stock 870's a lot though. Magpul is making a stock and forend now for the magpul and it looks pretty sweet.

Tactical Shotguns

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 15:16   #4
plouffedaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiEDF View Post
I think the "chainsaw" mossberg is rediculous too lol. But I'm not going to play thought police and tell you what to do with your money.

I went with a mossberg thunder ranch. It has a 12.75" length of pull, a tri-rail forend, breacher barrel (tacticool to some, I like it). I considered the 870 too but Moss Pawns video on youtube swayed me towards the mossberg.

I do like the regular synthetic stock 870's a lot though. Magpul is making a stock and forend now for the magpul and it looks pretty sweet.

Tactical Shotguns
Oh they're sweet alright I've put them on every single one of my 870s...
Tactical Shotguns

Stock

Forend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote